Joe Bamisile commits to OU

StoopsBros

Reaction score
[TWEET]https://twitter.com/JonRothstein/status/1513637548765102081[/TWEET]

Brief interview with Joe B:

NAS: What made you choose Oklahoma?

Joe B: It is a good fit location-wise, great level, and I had a previous relationship with Coach Dildy, who's my guy!

NAS: Did you visit OU or did Coach Moser/staff do an in-home?

Joe B: No

NAS: When will you be in Norman to visit and/or enroll?

Joe B: April 23rd (visit) and I'll enroll to start taking summer classes.

NAS: Do you have a message for Sooner Nation?

Joe B: To keep it short, I'd say I'm sort of a fun guy.

Last edited:
Outstanding news!!! Assuming Bamisile will receive a waiver, he will be the answer to many of our guard deficiencies next season!

Great job, OU coaching staff!

Nice addition! I have no idea what his odds are of getting a waiver, but it sure would be nice to be able to plug him in next season.

This is a fantastic addition, Folks! I don’t want to jinx it but I doubt the ncaa doesn’t grant a waiver here.

Moser is going to do incredible things here!

I am not familiar with this guy. Any concerns with him being on his 3rd team in 3 years?

He shouldn't be eligible next year. NCAA is hot garbage if they just keep letting kids transfer for free like this. He got his free one, he needs to sit. Just because he's coming to OU, doesn't make it right.

I don't know much about the kid. I doubt many of us do. His shooting percentages weren't earth shattering, but not terrible either. Maybe playing on a better team gives him better looks? Always tough to gauge. Hopefully we can also land a transfer that can fill it up and has proven that (efficiently).

Edit: His assist to turnover ratio is slightly worse than Harkless' was this season. :eek

Last edited:
Check the OP.

I didn't want to ask long questions or badger him about his waiver.

And really, my first time "interviewing" a kid. Learning.

Thanks, NAIA! You are the best poster of all time

He shouldn't be eligible next year. NCAA is hot garbage if they just keep letting kids transfer for free like this. He got his free one, he needs to sit. Just because he's coming to OU, doesn't make it right.

I don't know much about the kid. I doubt many of us do. His shooting percentages weren't earth shattering, but not terrible either. Maybe playing on a better team gives him better looks? Always tough to gauge. Hopefully we can also land a transfer that can fill it up and has proven that (efficiently).

Edit: His assist to turnover ratio is slightly worse than Harkless' was this season. :eek

I think EJ will be eligible because he missed half a year then they granted everyone’s transfer before the new rule. Maybe this applies to him. Idk.

His turnover rate (one every 13.1 minutes of action, virtually identical to Harkless) is concerning, but he averages 7 more points per game than EJ did this season--fingers crossed that continues in the much tougher Big 12. And hopefully, his defense is strong (and he gets his waiver).

His turnover rate (one every 13.1 minutes of action, virtually identical to Harkless) is concerning, but he averages 7 more points per game than EJ did this season--fingers crossed that continues in the much tougher Big 12. And hopefully, his defense is strong (and he gets his waiver).

He will average 121st. That’s not bad for a transfer.

You interviewed him? Nice..

Yeah, trying something new.

Not a great start today.

1. Key told me about his OU visit at 2:10 p.m. I was away from my phone/comp for 15 damn minutes. At 2:21 someone else tweeted the Key visit out.

2. I knew Joe was committing because I was told he was. He posted an IG story about an announcement tonight at 5 pm CT. I inquired and found out he was in fact committing. I had the tweet ready and waiting for his IG pic. Then, of course, had internet issues.

Live and learn.

Not a great start today.

1. Key told me about his OU visit at 2:10 p.m. I was away from my phone/comp for 15 damn minutes. At 2:21 someone else tweeted the Key visit out.

2. I knew Joe was committing because I was told he was. He posted an IG story about an announcement tonight at 5 pm CT. I inquired and found out he was in fact committing. I had the tweet ready and waiting for his IG pic. Then, of course, had internet issues.

Live and learn.

It's a perfectly good Q&A. Thanks for sharing it!

Not a great start today.

Live and learn.

Dude, you're getting better and better! Keep breaking OU basketball commitments... say, 4 more? ;)

Not a great start today.

Live and learn.

i understand brother .. it happens ..

Back