ku/unc

Re: Transfer Portal Thread

I'll say this.. NC I would pick as a top 3-5 team no matter what going into next season. Add Meyer and I'm probably picking them to win it all. Love is an elite PG.. Davis is real solid.. They have 1/2 wings coming back that can play the 3/4 for them right now, plus one of the best centers in the game.

KU won't be near as good no matter what or who they add. Adding Tech kid and MO St kid is nice and will give them a chance, but no shot at final 4 in my opinion. They have too many young pieces coming in with no experience, bigs that aren't elite(at moment)

I'm on the NC train or possibly Kentucky.

Can't wait to revisit this in a few months. Every year on this board, people let their hatred of KU convince them that they will be down. Heck, this time last year, they were coming off the worst tourney loss in their history, and people, including Self, thought their roster lacked athleticism and length. Sure they will take a hit losing the guys they did. But it's Kansas. To say they have no shot is silly.

I'll say this.. NC I would pick as a top 3-5 team no matter what going into next season. Add Meyer and I'm probably picking them to win it all. Love is an elite PG.. Davis is real solid.. They have 1/2 wings coming back that can play the 3/4 for them right now, plus one of the best centers in the game.

KU won't be near as good no matter what or who they add. Adding Tech kid and MO St kid is nice and will give them a chance, but no shot at final 4 in my opinion. They have too many young pieces coming in with no experience, bigs that aren't elite(at moment)

I'm on the NC train or possibly Kentucky.

I’m not saying Love isn’t good but “Elite” to me is MUCH better than 37% from the FLOOR/game. If I were to tell you that he shot the 3 at a 36% clip you would think that his overall % at worst would be somewhere in the 40’s. But out of 13.7 shots per game, the guy only made around 5 per game. He was an 86% ft shooter so his pts/game were still good but if a guard transferred to OU shooting 37% from the floor, this site would have a meltdown if anyone called him elite ;)

I’m not saying Love isn’t good but “Elite” to me is MUCH better than 37% from the FLOOR/game. If I were to tell you that he shot the 3 at a 36% clip you would think that his overall % at worst would be somewhere in the 40’s. But out of 13.7 shots per game, the guy only made around 5 per game. He was an 86% ft shooter so his pts/game were still good but if a guard transferred to OU shooting 37% from the floor, this site would have a meltdown if anyone called him elite ;)

he also has 3.6 - 2.7 ast to TO ratio .. .that is ummmm not good for a "PG"

he is a high volume low efficiency player

and statistically was not one of UNC's 3 best players

Last edited:

And Mayer can fill in for him, plus they'll have depth now. Thinking Kansas is going to be expected to win the Natty when they've lost 4 impact players, and their backup Center is interesting compared to UNC returning 4 out of 5 starters.

Brady was a good fit for them because he could stretch the floor and didn’t have to defend 5s all the time. Mayer can ne that same type of guy, but he’s not the shooter Brady is. Mayer is more talented than Brady but hs the wrap of being a low IQ player.

Where is Grace4KU when you need him?

Oh and let’s get some transfers!

Why was this made into a thread? I didn't create this thread. So freaking weird.

Last edited:
Why was this made into a thread? I didn't create this thread. So freaking weird.

Why do you care? Now, tell me a funny Roy Williams story (not Superman and not the fake Roy Williams).

Also KU blows. Always has blowed. And always will blow.

How about that clown Chenohawk?

LOL... Cheno was something else. I actually got to know Grace, and he was a good guy. If my memory serves me correctly, he played some college hoops back in the day. Wonder what happened to those guys?

I think cheno passed away sadly. He annoyed me to no end. Only one who annoyed me more was the great SoonerfanTU (love ya buddy) who spurred me into posting on OUI.

Last edited:
I think cheno passed away sadly. He annoyed me to no end. Only one who annoyed me more was the great SoonerfanTU (love ya buddy) who spurred me into posting on OUI.

I wasn't sorry cheno left the board (not my fave), but I'm sorry to hear he passed.

Sorry to hear. RIP Cheno.

Why do you care? Now, tell me a funny Roy Williams story (not Superman and not the fake Roy Williams).

Also KU blows. Always has blowed. And always will blow.

That's confusing. Not sure why I would tell a funny Roy Williams story.

And yes, I concur. I despise KU. Thanks.

SFTU is now on the God awful TFB. He's pretty despised over there too. To the point the Mod attacks him constantly. Kind of like here.

Last edited:
SFTU is now on the God awful TFB. He's pretty despised over there too. To the point the Mod attacks him constantly. Kind of like here.

If the mods here had to flip a coin between you and the poster you call SFTU, you would lose!

Just thank your lucky stars Boulder has a kind heart or you would be gone by now. So, don’t push your luck too far!

If the mods here had to flip a coin between you and the poster you call SFTU, you would lose!

Just thank your lucky stars Boulder has a kind heart or you would be gone by now. So, don’t push your luck too far!

I haven't seen SFTU on here since I got here. And meh, more people attack me on here than I actually attack people. Then when they're proven wrong, they don't admit they're wrong. Wild times 2022 is.

I haven't seen SFTU on here since I got here. And meh, more people attack me on here than I actually attack people. Then when they're proven wrong, they don't admit they're wrong. Wild times 2022 is.

He’s a regular on this board, has been for more than a decade. He posts under another name.

You, on the other hand, have succeeded in starting a fight with nearly everyone here, even the guy who owns the place. You didn’t get the reputation as a troll by accident. You seem to wear that moniker with pride. If you want to be accepted, shed the arrogance you have delighted in from the start and try a little humility for a change.

My advice is free. Take it or leave it! Your choice!

Back