Liked what I saw from TMG to an extent

Seymore Cox

Reaction score
This guy is able to do something an OU guard hasn't done here in a long time, get into the lane consistently. Quannas couldn't do it, Terrell Everett had to take 20 dribbles to get there, and AJ wasn't strong or quick enough to get there. He's outstanding at it.

However, this is where him being a Freshman plays a factor. Once he gets there he has to make the right decision. On a couple of occasions, he had a Byron Eaton moment where he dribbled the ball into the lane and got swallowed by the defense. He is still realizing he's not going to be able to get that shot off as easily as he has in the past, and against some teams, he's not going to be able to get it off period. I like the fact he used his pull up jumper. It seems he knows when to differenciate between shooting and not shooting the pullup. the problem is when he should not shoot it, what should he do? I'd like to see him not force a the ball into the post if it isn't there and to hit the wings for the three point shot. The play I loved the most was the lob to Wright. He basically forced Wright to go up and get that ball. Wright didn't even expect it coming. Wright had no choice but to flush down that shot. This kid will get a 12plus assist game and a 25pt plus game this year. Book_it.

TMG is a tremendous talent. The sky is the limit for him (and this team) while he is playing for the Crimson and Cream. He can do many things a team NEEDS out of a PG. With :jcapel as his guide, TMG will become a great Sooner.

This guy is able to do something an OU guard hasn't done here in a long time, get into the lane consistently. Quannas couldn't do it, Terrell Everett had to take 20 dribbles to get there, and AJ wasn't strong or quick enough to get there. He's outstanding at it.

Nobody could stop Everett from attacking the rim.

Nobody except himself. I recall plenty of times that he would be out of control and turn it over or have an offensive foul

Exactly!!! He was pretty inefficient at times.

I know they didn't play the point but Corey Brewer & Nolan Johnson could get to the rack at will

TMG is a tremendous talent. The sky is the limit for him (and this team) while he is playing for the Crimson and Cream. He can do many things a team NEEDS out of a PG. With :jcapel as his guide, TMG will become a great Sooner.

This!!

I know they didn't play the point but Corey Brewer & Nolan Johnson could get to the rack at will

They were great at it, but they were power guards. Everett was a power guard. TMG is a guy that can beat you with a speed dribble combo. The advantage those guys have over TMG is they're better finishers. TMG's advantage is he can shoot.

Nolan was my favorite at taking it to the rim. That guy could finish!

I don't think TMG will improve the overall play out of our pg position until his jr/sr years. By then, he has a chance to bring more, overall, to the position then we've had in some time. Kid has a chance to be really good.

Last edited:
Greatness!!!

Had to finish it off; they left us hangin' soonersam.

haha appreciate it. It will just take a little while to catch on. What I love about it is that those folks that reply to a thread with just "this." are now subject to TMG! :tmg

haha appreciate it. It will just take a little while to catch on. What I love about it is that those folks that reply to a thread with just "this." are now subject to TMG! :tmg

:chestram2:

I hear ya BigTime. Of course we could always go with:

:jcapel Means Greatness! It's true either way... :woot

Back