Marques Bolden recruiting tidbits

i know. next years team will take a step back. No final 4 talk. The after, rev up that engine. Please be realistic...

Lets enjoy this team!

I think, Bolden or not, that it would benefit Khadeem Lattin to watch game tape of Serge Ibaka from two years ago - before the three - pointers - and take notes. He has superior length and athleticism inside the arc and could be a ridiculously disruptive force on the help side of post D. Ibaka was (and still largely is) an elite midrange shooter; if defenses have to honor the pick and pop, it will keep our spacing in the lane consistent once Spangler graduates. Plus he'll get more room for dives to the rim on P&R switches.

Worst case (as in, Bolden doesn't commit and AK doesn't develop), he just has a more balanced game at the 5 starting for us next season.

Freeman wont start. IMO.

Guys stop setting these guys up for failure.

Why? Fan boards would be pretty boring if opinions and bold predictions weren't part of our discussions. ;)

I had Freeman on my list of potential starters on a thread last week. It doesn't bother me one bit to be wrong. I'm not that insecure. Besides, do you really believe saying Freeman might start will set him up for failure? I don't think what we say will have any effect whatsoever on Matt or any of the other players on our roster. I know for a fact that players who have frequented this board in the past would get together after a game and laugh about what posters had to say about them.

Freeman is really skinny and needs to gain weight. People need to temper their expectations some imo

He has come in early and will have almost a full year of weight training and diet under a big 12 trainer. There should be a challenge between him and Jumani McNeace to see who puts on the most muscle before next season. I'm betting he'll be less skinny than Kadeem Lattin when he hits the floor next year. For his size, the kid has a good stroke and better than average handles. He could see the floor as a three.

but either way I would guess lattin plays lots of 5 next year and we go with a stretch 4 at the other spot ..

If Bolden doesn't come, I agree.

Lattin/Manyang/McNeace at the 5.

Buford/Freeman/Doolittle at the 4.

There will be some overlap, depending on a number of variables, but that is a good starting point.

Freeman wont start. IMO.

Guys stop setting these guys up for failure.

Agreed.

I could see him either getting major minutes off the bench, or playing sporadically, much like Buford this year.

The only problem I have with not predicting him to start is that right now, it's Buford, Freeman, or go big with Lattin there and Manyang at the 5. REALLY need Buford to step up next year.

I wonder also if we might not see Odomes play the 4 some? That would be a really small lineup, but we have a lot of talent a the 1-3 positions. Woodard. James. Odomes. McGusty. Strong. Playing Odomes at the 4 would be a good way to get more of those guys on the floor, assuming of course they deserve it.

Good Lord, I hope Bolden comes this weekend!

Would be great for him to see a win against WVU that propels us to #1 in the rankings, especially knowing that playing time will be wide open next year. If we get Bolden, this is a top 5 class, right?

Would be great for him to see a win against WVU that propels us to #1 in the rankings, especially knowing that playing time will be wide open next year. If we get Bolden, this is a top 5 class, right?

Probably just outside the top 5.

SoonerScoop staffer Joe DuVall just posted in the past 5 minutes that in spite of the rumors, Marques Bolden is not visiting OU this weekend.

He also mentioned Trae Young scoring 48 last night in a big win over Mustang, will be at the game again. He also said the "whisper" is OU now leads for Young. Who knows......

Back