Minutes / Scoring for 2009-10

92grad

Reaction score
Anyone intersted in taking a shot at how the 200 minutes per game will break down this season...AND how scoring averages will play out?

I'll go with this...

Player - Minutes - PPG
W.Warren - 34 - 20
T.Gallon - 26 - 14
T.Crocker - 24 - 12
T.Mason-Griffin - 24 - 10
C.Davis - 20 - 8
A.Fitzgerald - 20 - 6
R.Wright - 16 - 2
O.Allen - 12 - 2
R.Willis - 10 - 6
S.Pledger - 8 - 4
B.Gerber - 4 - 0
Other - 2 -0
TOTALS - 200 - 80

I think crocker's minutes are too low and Cade's are too high. Also I think Tiny plays close to 30 minutes a game, I think he will have to if we are going to be good.

Tony's and TMG's are too low unless something bad and unforseen happen. Crocker is going to be a 4th year starter, he will average 30+ minutes a game at the very least for his defense and experience. I expect TMG's to be close to 30 as well, he's the first true PG we've had in a while and unless he comes in and is no where close to expecations he will be logging a lot of minutes.
I would go along the lines

WW - 20, 35 minutes
Tony - 13, 34 minutes
TMG - 9 - 30 minutes
Tiny - 12 - 28 minutes
Orlando - 4 - 22 minutes
Ryan - 4 - 20 minutes
Willis - 7 - 11 minutes
Cade - 4 - 10 minutes
Fitz - 2 - 10 minutes

Anyone intersted in taking a shot at how the 200 minutes per game will break down this season...AND how scoring averages will play out?

I'll go with this...

Player - Minutes - PPG
W.Warren - 34 - 20
T.Gallon - 26 - 14
T.Crocker - 24 - 12
T.Mason-Griffin - 24 - 10
C.Davis - 20 - 8
A.Fitzgerald - 20 - 6
R.Wright - 16 - 2
O.Allen - 12 - 2
R.Willis - 10 - 6
S.Pledger - 8 - 4
B.Gerber - 4 - 0
Other - 2 -0
TOTALS - 200 - 80
Your totals add up to 84 points per game. As much as I'd like for us to push the pace that much, I'm afraid we won't get anywhere close to it. Heck, I'll be surprised if we average 75 points a game.

Capel said the other day on the radio that he was going to play the interior by committee. If so, then I don't think anybody averages 25 minutes, certainly not 30 minutes. Unlikely that Tiny or Drew average 30 minutes anyway as Blake didn't as a freshman. I doubt that either are in shape as freshman to play those kind of minutes. I would really like to be wrong about this, but don't think I will be. I think Tiny is going to be great.

The only sure fire 30 minute player would seem to be Crocker. He is a 4th year senior and starter and I think Capel will really lean on him this year. I do think that this year Capel will run the offense through WW, and I think he will be our best player and could get 30 minutes. I think WW would definately get 30 a game, but we will have a lot of guys on the perimeter to give minutes to that might detract from WW's minutes e.g. coach may rest WW all he can through the year.

NCAA minutes are another thing. In the NCAA, I say WW, Crocker, Tiny, and Tommy (if he is the starting point by then) all get 30 minutes per game. Coach, like just about every coach, will really lean on his starters in the tournament.

If Pledger gets on the floor, look out...he might be a bit of a liability on defence to start out, but on offence he will shine, watched him all summer during AAU, and a little this fall the kid can score from any where 25 feet and in...he's an excellent passer and the big on his side of the floor will play 1 on 1 basketball...because of his range...Did anyone watch his AAU team Boo Williams on tv...He was the best player no one talks about...I think he lead all scores that game...Andy Katz called him a hidden gem

If Pledger gets on the floor, look out...he might be a bit of a liability on defence to start out, but on offence he will shine, watched him all summer during AAU, and a little this fall the kid can score from any where 25 feet and in...he's an excellent passer and the big on his side of the floor will play 1 on 1 basketball...because of his range...Did anyone watch his AAU team Boo Williams on tv...He was the best player no one talks about...I think he lead all scores that game...Andy Katz called him a hidden gem

sharp,

Always appreciate the insight on Steven's game. I agree with you that defense is the key to getting minutes for him. Cade Davis brings it everyday in the weightroom, during practice, and on gameday. IF Steven can model his work ethic after Cade, then I think he has a great shot to see some minutes as a true freshman.

I can't speak for all Sooner fans, but I would guess that many are being cautious with Steven and his production next year because of what happened with Ray Willis last year (also a hidden gem and a dynamic scorer that shot well from deep). The biggest difference to me is that Steven has the body to compete at a high major where Ray did (and still may) not.

You also have too look at the AAu program Steven came from, he played with and against High major prospects in practise daily...From Donte Hill: Clemson, J. Parker: Cincy, Andre Dawkins: Duke, Tristen Sprulock and Jontel Evens: UVA...he did his thing night in and night out, started, was best perimeter defender, and 1st or 2nd leading scorer...If he gets on the floor...watch out

You also have too look at the AAu program Steven came from, he played with and against High major prospects in practise daily...From Donte Hill: Clemson, J. Parker: Cincy, Andre Dawkins: Duke, Tristen Sprulock and Jontel Evens: UVA...he did his thing night in and night out, started, was best perimeter defender, and 1st or 2nd leading scorer...If he gets on the floor...watch out

If he is good enough, he will play next year. There is a spot there for the taking. Cade will get his minutes, but there are 5-10 minutes on the table that Omar Leary filled last year. Ray or Steven have a great chance to get those minutes and push Cade for some of his.

Back