NBA- OU players and general (this thread only)

he also just signed an 8 figure (10 mil a year) shoe deal and i'm sure that partner wanted him to stay in LA also ..

and again .. he got the 4th year player option .. which is a massive win for him and just about guarantees that his 4th year pay will make up for most of the money he "left" on the table ..

Okay good!

I just don't get why AR would do that.. i get there is something to be said about having an established spot and the big market blah blah blah, but LA would drop him in a second if he doesn't produce. I think he was given bad advice or made a bad choice bc he still should have secured his bigger bag imo. Makes LA more committed to him too (i.e., can't drop him at the drop of the hat)

I totally get this line of thinking. We all know AR has always bet on himself and does things differently than most. Either way, I'm glad he stayed with my Lakers and helped us secure a couple of other FAs....:):D:woot

Yep. LA can move him very easily with that contract if they want.

It's pretty unlikely, though. He fits really well with this current team, and the GM essentially came out and stated they drafted the first-round PG this year with the expectation of pairing him with Reaves for years to come. Obviously people say things to the media they don't mean, but given that this came right before trying to convince DLo to return as a UFA, it seemed like a statement you'd have to mean to say.

It's pretty unlikely, though. He fits really well with this current team, and the GM essentially came out and stated they drafted the first-round PG this year with the expectation of pairing him with Reaves for years to come. Obviously people say things to the media they don't mean, but given that this came right before trying to convince DLo to return as a UFA, it seemed like a statement you'd have to mean to say.

I’m saying maybe year 2 or 3 when Lebron leaves & possibly AD. They might sign different stars that play Reeves’ position & move him for another starter at a different position.

My one non-OU summer league observation….the announcers in the Spurs hornets game kept comparing Wembyama to Kevin Durant on how they came into the league very lean and not physically strong….the one thing they failed to mention is Durant could shoot the lights out….Wemby has not shown he can shoot over 30% from three at any level.

Guy will be a a shot block/altering machine but his shooting has a long ways to go.

My one non-OU summer league observation….the announcers in the Spurs hornets game kept comparing Wembyama to Kevin Durant on how they came into the league very lean and not physically strong….the one thing they failed to mention is Durant could shoot the lights out….Wemby has not shown he can shoot over 30% from three at any level.

Guy will be a a shot block/altering machine but his shooting has a long ways to go.

It looked like somebody had a conversation with him at halftime. Played way harder in the 2nd half. Idk who to compare him to because there’s never been anything like him. Right now I’d say he can be a taller AD.

It looked like somebody had a conversation with him at halftime. Played way harder in the 2nd half. Idk who to compare him to because there’s never been anything like him. Right now I’d say he can be a taller AD.

his comps (and i think this is very good)

best case KD on O and KG on D

worst case he becomes a better AD ..

of course the real worst case is injury prone every year ..

Blake Griffin looking for new home after release by the Celtics.
Several teams listed as possible landing places so assume his career is not over unless he wants to retire.

Blake Griffin looking for new home after release by the Celtics.
Several teams listed as possible landing places so assume his career is not over unless he wants to retire.

Yes! I want him to increase his hall of fame chances. Last i saw it was supposedly projecting to be 50/50ish

If you put him in the Hall it's probably for his first 8 or so years. He was one of the top PFs in the league then. But since about 2019 he just has no knees. Can't do what he used to. He's basically a bench player now.

If you put him in the Hall it's probably for his first 8 or so years. He was one of the top PFs in the league then. But since about 2019 he just has no knees. Can't do what he used to. He's basically a bench player now.

No doubt, but the Naismith Basketball HOF is different than the other pro sports in that one's college stats are also factored in (which explains why those like P Maravich, B Walton and R Sampson made the HOF so easily). As such, Blake's monster 2009 season will come into play when determining his credentials.

OU does have one representative in the Naismith HOF. Without looking it up, does anyone know who that is?

No doubt, but the Naismith Basketball HOF is different than the other pro sports in that one's college stats are also factored in (which explains why those like P Maravich, B Walton and R Sampson made the HOF so easily). As such, Blake's monster 2009 season will come into play when determining his credentials.

OU does have one representative in the Naismith HOF. Without looking it up, does anyone know who that is?

Adams?

My guesses were Tisdale if not Adams.

I cheated and looked it up -- that was tough even with Google!

Alex Spaulding?

The answer might surprise a few - Bruce Drake. He was inducted dure to his innovative offensive style of basketball. There will be a writeup on him in the HOF website as they have with all the inductees.

I'm staying on record as saying Blake Griffin will be inducted within five years of once he becomes eligible. The HOF gives more weight to guys who were GREAT players when they were healthy (think R Sampson, Yao Ming) as opposed to guys who were really good for a long period of time (think Louis Dampeer and Jo Jo White - both in, but it took a long, long time).

What about Wayman, Alvan Adams or Paul Courtney for inclusion in the HOF?

Back