NBA- OU players and general (this thread only)

By the time Buddy retires he will be comfortably in the top 10 in career NBA 3-pointers made (he's #29 at the moment). He certainly brings a lot of value to the table. That said, he's not good enough offensively inside the arc and has always been a "minus" defender. As such, no team is going to offer him the money he wants. Regardless, that 4-year $88 million contract (or close to that figure) he signed a few years back had to be very rewarding. If he gets any future offers close to that range, I hope he take it. He's not going to get the money the top players get, plain and simple.

i'm a thunder homer but man it would be nice to see him close his career in OKC. Someone to stretch the floor for SGA, Jdub, and chet

i'm a thunder homer but man it would be nice to see him close his career in OKC. Someone to stretch the floor for SGA, Jdub, and chet

Nothing would please me more than to see Buddy close out his career in OKC! Oklahoma is home! I think he was happy here and would be again.

By the time Buddy retires he will be comfortably in the top 10 in career NBA 3-pointers made (he's #29 at the moment). He certainly brings a lot of value to the table. That said, he's not good enough offensively inside the arc and has always been a "minus" defender. As such, no team is going to offer him the money he wants. Regardless, that 4-year $88 million contract (or close to that figure) he signed a few years back had to be very rewarding. If he gets any future offers close to that range, I hope he take it. He's not going to get the money the top players get, plain and simple.

He’s gonna get one more real good deal. Idk if it’ll
Be $88mil but he still has it.

Just don’t Dennis Schroeder this deal. Get your money!

Not player related but former OU player that is now a coach. Terry Stotts was back with the Bucks as an assistant is stepping down after what's being described as an unexpected rift between him and the coach.

ESPN has started their preseason ranking of the top 100 players in the NBA. The article below shows #100 - #51. Buddy Hield is #87 (#90 last year) and newcomer Austin Reeves is #66. We'll obviously see Trae somewhere in the top 50. In case anyone wants to make a prediction, I'll go with #24.

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/38549013/nbarank-2023-best-players-2023-24-100-51

Trae was #29 (down from 16 last season)

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/38625043/nbarank-2023-player-rankings-2023-24-50-11

Just a heads up; I was looking through my viewing guide & it said that Austin Reaves is slated to be on Jimmy Kimmel tonight.

Trae with 23 points 9 assists in a loss to the Hornets.

Buddy with 14 points 5 assists in a Pacers win over the Wizards.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

AR with 10pts, 2 rebs, & 1 asst in a Laker win over a shorthanded Suns team.

He was on the bench a lot during the crucial 4th qtr minutes. Vincent played most of the 4th, and Reddish & Woods were guarding KD. He probably would have played more if Beal or Booker were playing.

AR with 10pts, 2 rebs, & 1 asst in a Laker win over a shorthanded Suns team.

He was on the bench a lot during the crucial 4th qtr minutes. Vincent played most of the 4th, and Reddish & Woods were guarding KD. He probably would have played more if Beal or Booker were playing.

Had 5 fouls as well which got him off schedule in terms of PT.

Hawks beat the Bucks last night
Trae with 20 points 11 assists to lead the way.

AR had 5 points 2 rebounds 2 assists 1 steal in a loss to the Kings. 1-12 from the field.

Last edited:
Hopefully, AR will be fine. I'm guessing that living up to the pressures of a big contract are making him press too much. He just needs to relax and play his game.

Trae is off to a miserable start shooting-wise. It's just not something he's ever improved on. His assists are still high, he's better than ever at getting to the foul line, and he seems to at least be trying to be an average defensive player...but still misses shots at an alarming rate.

Buddy is coming off the bench, so not getting as many minutes. Regardless, I expect him to be in the top 15-20 in the NBA history in 3-point shots made by the time the season is over (he's #29 now). He still offers amazing value in that regards.

Hopefully, AR will be fine. I'm guessing that living up to the pressures of a big contract are making him press too much. He just needs to relax and play his game.

Trae is off to a miserable start shooting-wise. It's just not something he's ever improved on. His assists are still high, he's better than ever at getting to the foul line, and he seems to at least be trying to be an average defensive player...but still misses shots at an alarming rate.

Buddy is coming off the bench, so not getting as many minutes. Regardless, I expect him to be in the top 15-20 in the NBA history in 3-point shots made by the time the season is over (he's #29 now). He still offers amazing value in that regards.

I agree about AR. I think he's feeling the pressure of being the 3rd scoring option, when he really doesn't need to be. He thrived playing off Bron & AD, and picking his spots when needed. Last night he was pressing to the point they benched him in the 4th qrt and OT.

He will relax and let the game come to him. Vincent finished last night. He also is struggling to make shots right now. A backcourt of AR and Dlo is very challenged defensively, against elite backcourts. Vincent will steal minutes just because he can guard much better than those two.

Trae had 24 points 8 assists. Hawks beat the Wolves 127-113

Buddy Hield had 11 points, 5 rebounds, 4 assists. Bulls beat the Pacers

Reaves with 11 points 3 boards and assists. Lakers beat the Magic 106-103

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Reaves had 20 points 2 assists, steals, and rebounds but the Lakers got blown out by the Magic.

Trae had 22 points 12 assists 5 rebounds in a win over New Orleans 123-105

Buddy Hield with 19 points 6 rebounds in a 125-124 loss to the Hornets.

Back