NBA- OU players and general (this thread only)

Austin Reaves hit a game clinching 3 late in the game vs the Suns to win the in season tournament game for the Lakers. 20 points, 6 rebounds, 2 assists. Lakers beat the Suns 106-103

Austin Reaves hit a game clinching 3 late in the game vs the Suns to win the in season tournament game for the Lakers. 20 points, 6 rebounds, 2 assists. Lakers beat the Suns 106-103

will be fun to watch the Lakers in the in season tourney semi finals in Vegas

AR with 17 7 and 5 in only 23 min in the Lakers IST semifinal blowout win over the pelicans

they play in the IST finals on Sat night 730 on ABC

[TWEET]https://twitter.com/Lakers/status/1732955295436222891?s=20[/TWEET]

[TWEET]https://twitter.com/Lakers/status/1732955852301369354?s=20[/TWEET]

BH had 8 points and 11 boards in the pacers win over the Bucks

2 Sooners tomorrow for the first ever NBA CUP >.....

also buddy is following the squad ..

[TWEET]https://twitter.com/BasketballGuruD/status/1733227189691462004?s=20[/TWEET]

BH had 8 points and 11 boards in the pacers win over the Bucks

2 Sooners tomorrow for the first ever NBA CUP >.....

also buddy is following the squad ..

[TWEET]https://twitter.com/BasketballGuruD/status/1733227189691462004?s=20[/TWEET]

Love it!!!!

[TWEET]https://twitter.com/OU_MBBall/status/1733684179815034957?s=20[/TWEET]

pretty nice first half by AR

AR with 28 2 and 3 in the IN season tourney WIN

Buddy with 8 5 and 4 in the loss

Feels like the lakers got a steal with AR’s new contract.

He was getting lots of props last night by the announcers. Basically, they were pointing out that he has emerged as the Lakers third best player in spite of coming off the bench. This will make him a very strong candidate to win the NBA's "6th Man" award this season. I just wish I understood the psychology of being better coming off the bench as opposed to starting (while receiving starter's minutes).

I'm not convinced he can't be effective as a starter. I tend to think his early struggles this season had more to do with the self-imposed pressure created by his big new contract.

I'm not convinced he can't be effective as a starter. I tend to think his early struggles this season had more to do with the self-imposed pressure created by his big new contract.

Could be that and the way the team is built. With James and AD early on it's probably more important for them to dominate action early on. When he's coming off the bench he may not be on the court with both of them so he can dominate play more.

He was getting lots of props last night by the announcers. Basically, they were pointing out that he has emerged as the Lakers third best player in spite of coming off the bench. This will make him a very strong candidate to win the NBA's "6th Man" award this season. I just wish I understood the psychology of being better coming off the bench as opposed to starting (while receiving starter's minutes).

I watch every Lakers game, and in my opinion, when he is starting with this current roster, he has to defer playmaking and ball-handling duties to LBJ & Russell. Of course, you also have AD getting his touches, so sometimes AR fades back, trying to follow the game plan. When he comes off the bench, that usually means two of the mentioned guys are off the floor. AR becomes the primary or secondary scorer and facilitator. He gets into his rhythm, early in the game, and he knows he is expected to be aggressive.

If he is on, which he usually is, it means Russell loses 2nd half and 4th quarter minutes, because LBJ and AD trust him more anyway, and he's in rhythm. He's usually fresh late in the game, and he becomes the primary playmaker, even with the other big two on the floor. I think he will play well if he is thrown back into the starting 5, but coming off the bench seems to be a better fit right now.

You can't have him & Russell as your starting guards from a defensive standpoint. With Reddish and Prince on the court, AR and Russell don't have to guard the other team's primary scoring guard, and that means a lot because both are challenged trying to guard elite scoring guards and super quick point guards. Prince and Reddish did a great job on the Pelicans and Pacers guards.....

I watch every Lakers game, and in my opinion, when he is starting with this current roster, he has to defer playmaking and ball-handling duties to LBJ & Russell. Of course, you also have AD getting his touches, so sometimes AR fades back, trying to follow the game plan. When he comes off the bench, that usually means two of the mentioned guys are off the floor. AR becomes the primary or secondary scorer and facilitator. He gets into his rhythm, early in the game, and he knows he is expected to be aggressive.

If he is on, which he usually is, it means Russell loses 2nd half and 4th quarter minutes, because LBJ and AD trust him more anyway, and he's in rhythm. He's usually fresh late in the game, and he becomes the primary playmaker, even with the other big two on the floor. I think he will play well if he is thrown back into the starting 5, but coming off the bench seems to be a better fit right now.

You can't have him & Russell as your starting guards from a defensive standpoint. With Reddish and Prince on the court, AR and Russell don't have to guard the other team's primary scoring guard, and that means a lot because both are challenged trying to guard elite scoring guards and super quick point guards. Prince and Reddish did a great job on the Pelicans and Pacers guards.....

well said i 100% agree and I also watch every lakers game ..

TY with 19 and 9 in a loss to the Nuggets

BH with 16 in a win vs the pistons

Buddy had 7 points 3 rebounds, 2 assists in a loss to the Bucks. They gave up 64 to Antetokounmpo. 140-126 final.

Hawks lose to the Raptors 135-128. Trae 35 points 17 assists 4 rebounds

Austin Reaves 15 points 8 assists, 4 rebounds. Lakers beat the Spurs 122-119.

In the past couple of days, Trae Young has continued his torrid streak with 38 points Friday and 35 last night. He had double-digits assists both nights and is hitting 50% of his shots. He was really struggling to hit a decent percentage of his shots in November, but really coming on strong this month. With Tyrese Halliburton playing like he is, Trae will need to keep playing well to make the All-Star roster (Halliburton is a lock at this point). The Hawks split the two games as their defense continues to struggle.

The Pacers defense is even worse as they have lost the last two nights. Buddy is in a shooting slump right now as he got shut out last night after scoring 11 on Friday - both losses.

The Lakers just aren't a good team without both LeBron and Anthony Davis on the court. AD did not play Friday night (and neither did D Russell) and the Lakers got blown out by San Antonio - a previous 3-win team. Austin Reaves still knocked down 22 as he has distanced himself from the pack to be the Lakers third best player.

Back