NBA- OU players and general (this thread only)

Griffin hitting 6/14 ..3's . Nice..had 29 pts last Friday

trae looks good at the start of this knicks/hawks game. he's been very good so far dishing out the ball. hope he keeps this up!

Last edited:
yikes. this atlanta team is horrid. zomg.

19 points for Buddy

14 points for Trae

Blake with 26 points and 8 boards.

All 3 started.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

Blake has always worked hard to improve his game. He was horrific from the free throw line a few years ago.

He was very early in his career, but has been a good free throw shooter for several years now and an above average perimeter shooter for a big. Like you point out, it's a credit to his work ethic.

The Kings to me have a ton of raw talent on Paper...Fox, Bagley, Giles, JUSTIN (not Josh) Jackson, Cauley Stein, Frank Mason...Buddy I think is in a position to be a VERY good player for this team if 1 or 2 of those guys becomes a superstar.

19/6 on 50% shooting is a really good opening night stat line.

Last edited:
The Kings to me have a ton of raw talent on Paper...Fox, Bagley, Giles, Josh Jackson, Cauley Stein, Frank Mason...Buddy I think is in a position to be a VERY good player for this team if 1 or 2 of those guys becomes a superstar.

19/6 on 50% shooting is a really good opening night stat line.

I was talking about this with someone last night -- the Kings are a perfect example of how good the NBA is. They have a roster with several guys who within the last few years were first-team All America and extremely high draft picks, yet they will almost surely be one of the two or three worst teams in the league. Some of that is due to youth, but they also have some holes in their roster, mainly in the front court. Josh Jackson plays for the Suns, by the way, it is Justin who plays for the Kings -- I'm sure that was just a typo.

I was talking about this with someone last night -- the Kings are a perfect example of how good the NBA is. They have a roster with several guys who within the last few years were first-team All America and extremely high draft picks, yet they will almost surely be one of the two or three worst teams in the league. Some of that is due to youth, but they also have some holes in their roster, mainly in the front court. Josh Jackson plays for the Suns, by the way, it is Justin who plays for the Kings -- I'm sure that was just a typo.

Yeah the guy from UNC..my B lol

The ONLY reason Blake hasn't made the All-Star team the past three years is because he has gotten injured in December (or early January) and missed several weeks. If he can stay healthy, then he and Drummond look like a dangerous 1-2 punch inside.

I'm really excited about Buddy's first game because each of the past two years he has gotten off to really slow starts. It looks like he has been working on his inside-the-arc game. I noticed he was taking more inside shots during preseason and it has carried over to the first regular-season game. No doubt he is trying to become a better all-around player.

I have no idea what we'll get out of Trae this year, but the Hawks will likely have the most ping pong balls in the draft next year. That is why the Hawks organization will give him every possible opportunity to better himself throughout the year.

Being in the West hasn't helped Blake either. If he's healthy Blake will easily be an All Star in the East.

Buddy will probably benefit from being slightly under the radar. But he needs to continue being consistent. Since going to the Kings he's averaged 14 a game.

Trae will be on a terrible team. He just needs to keep putting up around 12-15 a game and at least 5-7 assists a night and he's a piece they can try and build around. It's hard to say a team will win this many games this early but Atlanta should be solidly at the bottom of the east. Maybe they win 20 games just because the east has some more winnable games but it won't be pretty.

Buddy and Trae both had a very good first half tonight. Trae with great vision as always and getting into the lane with ease. And as bad as Atlanta is, at least his teammates can finally catch his passes! :) Buddy shot well in both quarters, 12 pts on 5-7.

Trae Young with over 20 points 9 Assists so far but the Hawks defense is so bad. They will end up losing by twenty.

Kings are in the same boat. Scored 129 points and lost by 20. Buddy with 17 points

Blake Griffin had a great game in leading the Pistons to a 118-116 win over Chicago. He finished the game with 33 points (5 of 7 from three), 12 rebounds, 5 assists and 1 block.

Buddy plays at OKC tonight.

The Kings and Thunder are both 0-2 and tip off at 7pm at Chesapeake Energy Arena.

Back