NBA- OU players and general (this thread only)

It's worth it to check out the highlights, especially that last play which you detailed.

Yes, this was the best game ever by an NBA Sooner. Prior to that, I would have gone with a game by Wayman Tisdale which he made 14 shots in a row on his way to a 44-point game...and it was against a Michael Jordon Bulls team.

Here’s the game winning play. Blake had two of the NBA’s top five plays in that game:

https://mobile.twitter.com/NBA/stat...3?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^tweet

Hawks came back from a large deficit to win in their home opener (down by as many as 25 perhaps). Trae scored 17 points and got off to a slow start but he did have a highlight reel move where he dribbled between the legs back and forth followed by a spin move and took it to the basket and made an off balance shot which really fired up the crowd (not sure how he wasn't fouled on the play).

Hawks came back from a large deficit to win in their home opener (down by as many as 25 perhaps). Trae scored 17 points and got off to a slow start but he did have a highlight reel move where he dribbled between the legs back and forth followed by a spin move and took it to the basket and made an off balance shot which really fired up the crowd (not sure how he wasn't fouled on the play).

https://twitter.com/worldwidewob/status/1055271470962786304?s=21

https://twitter.com/gswchris/status/1055274625800712197?s=21

Buddy led Sacramento to a win. 23 points.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

Trae scored 17 points and got off to a slow start but he did have a highlight reel move where he dribbled between the legs back and forth followed by a spin move and took it to the basket and made an off balance shot which really fired up the crowd (not sure how he wasn't fouled on the play).

this makes me smile. so much for "he won't make those plays against the pros". even wondered that some myself. but he's really showing some shine even early. I hope he plays amazing and they follow a little of "the process". it would be nice to see a strong team in atlanta again.

Buddy led Sacramento to a win. 23 points.

Wow -- he must have come on strong late. He started very slowly in that game.
He had seven rebounds and a couple of assists, too.

this makes me smile. so much for "he won't make those plays against the pros". even wondered that some myself. but he's really showing some shine even early. I hope he plays amazing and they follow a little of "the process". it would be nice to see a strong team in atlanta again.

After watching him in HS, I said the same thing about college and then said the same thing about him with regards to the NBA. Kid is a freak.

Did you see the intimidation attempt by Wesley Matthews and Deandre Jordan prior to two late game FTs? Vince Carter stepped in between Trae and Matthews. Funny, Carter could be his dad and, sort of, acted like it there. Then Trae drained both FTs.

He is fun to watch. Sooner hoops needs to use the OU DNA social media the football uses. Be a good recruiting tool right now.

Blake has a legit shot this year at being NBA All First team! I really believe he is going to continue to put up huge numbers in the East.. If the Pistons can finish in the top 4-5 as well that would look good for him. I always said from day 1 that he had a shot at becoming one of the top 5-7 PFs of all time! I still believe that as well :) One of my favorite players of all time!

Blake has a legit shot this year at being NBA All First team! I really believe he is going to continue to put up huge numbers in the East.. If the Pistons can finish in the top 4-5 as well that would look good for him. I always said from day 1 that he had a shot at becoming one of the top 5-7 PFs of all time! I still believe that as well :) One of my favorite players of all time!

good point. a guy with those physical abilities and his work ethic can be a legend.

After watching him in HS, I said the same thing about college and then said the same thing about him with regards to the NBA. Kid is a freak.

Did you see the intimidation attempt by Wesley Matthews and Deandre Jordan prior to two late game FTs? Vince Carter stepped in between Trae and Matthews. Funny, Carter could be his dad and, sort of, acted like it there. Then Trae drained both FTs.

He is fun to watch. Sooner hoops needs to use the OU DNA social media the football uses. Be a good recruiting tool right now.

I wish a social media savvy guy would whip up some videos of our 3 stars. Really fun time for ou hoops in the nba! Hopefully we can get Harmon in the league too and hopefully a rando like Victor or someone

I wish a social media savvy guy would whip up some videos of our 3 stars. Really fun time for ou hoops in the nba!

Yes, this is the best it has been since the mid-90s when there were 6 OU guys - Tisdale, Blaylock, Grant, King, Price and Bowie. Actually, we had 7 guys one year ('94-'95) when Jeff Webster was on the Washington Wizards roster. Ricky Grace also had a couple of those "10-day contracts", but I couldn't remember when that was.

Yes, this is the best it has been since the mid-90s when there were 6 OU guys - Tisdale, Blaylock, Grant, King, Price and Bowie. Actually, we had 7 guys one year ('94-'95) when Jeff Webster was on the Washington Wizards roster. Ricky Grace also had a couple of those "10-day contracts", but I couldn't remember when that was.

Unfortunately before my watching days.. i pretty much only had Najera ha. So this is the best ive had and I'm already selfishly wanting more :ez-roll:

These 3 might average more ppg than those 6, if things keep up!

These 3 might average more ppg than those 6, if things keep up!

You may be right. Based on career averages, this is an educated guess on what their PPG average would have been in a typical year.

Tisdale - 15
Blaylock - 14
Grant - 10
Price - 7
King - 6
Bowie - 6

It may be pretty close by season’s end! I can definitely see our 3 averaging 20 a game combined.

26 points 10 rebounds, 3 assists for Blake.

This is easily the best we've seen from OU players in the pros since 1992 or 93. 1991-92 Anthony Bowie averaged 15 points. Harvey Grant averaged 18.2 points 7 rebounds. Blaylock 13.8 points 6.8 assists. Really that was about what he did every year more or less. Tisdale was at 16.6 6.5 rebounds. But sadly it didn't really equate to Billy Tubbs recruiting around this time. Ryan Minor was really the only top player we had after Webster for Tubbs.

Buddy with 20 points. Kings lead Wizards late in the 4th

Buddy just iced the game with 2 FTs to win it for Sacramento. 22 points. 5 rebounds, 2 assists, and 1 block.

I may have called it too soon. Wizards only down 2.

Back