***NBA Playoffs Discussion Thread***

Re: ***NBA Playoffs Round 1***

"Where Amazing Happens" . . .

Bulls are playing 5 vs 8

What studs these guys are to pull out a win to force game 7 when Rondo is allowed to slug people in the face, grab people by the arm and throw them out of bounds and not get tossed and even blatantly hit the rim and goal tend in the finals seconds to knock out a layup.

If the Bulls had lost this game Chicago would be joining the F David Stern and his rigged league club.

Re: Bulls are playing 5 vs 8

Great post, Boca.

Rondo has shown his lack of maturity in this series. I don't care how well he is playing.

It must be noted that Doc Rivers has shown to be a bit of a little baby, not that we all already didn't know that.

How bad is Doug Collins when he is trying to see if Rondo touches the ball when he smacks the rim with the ball in the cylinder. 50 years in the game and the old fart does not even know the rules. David Stern should hire him to be a referee.

I love hearing Doc's "coaching" when they mike him: "If we hang together, we're gonna win." Real technical stuff, there.

Man, Rondo has been pissing me off throughout this entire series.

I could not believe Rondo was not tossed for throwing Hinrich into the table. After his foul on Miller there is no reason, besides being a Celtic, that he should have not been ejected.

:ez-roll::ez-roll::ez-roll:

Last year during the NBA finals there were so many C's fans around here that you couldn't start a thread without good ole posting pics of KG every night, and his underlings cracking stale jokes...:ez-roll:

My, my, my how fans forget their teams when things aren't going so well. Front runners at their best. I hope that the Baby Bulls go back to beantown and put the C's away for good. I don't believe that good ole will post here unless the C's find a way to play better. If he does, I leave him with the same thing that he told me about LA playing without Bynum last yr...

NO EXCUSES!!!!!

GO LAKERS!!!!!!

After Dwight's suspension you better believe Orlando will be lobbying the NBA for Rondo's.

rondo should definitely be suspended. he won't be because he plays for boston, but he should definitely be suspended.

That Boston vs Chicago series has been unbelievable. That's why I love the NBA.
This is going to be an exciting playoffs.

Just sucks Boston is so decimated by injuries. Hard to lose your 1st and 3rd best post players, and still be competitive. That said, Big Baby has filled in quite nicely. I never thought he'd do this well in the NBA.

I could not believe Rondo was not tossed for throwing Hinrich into the table. After his foul on Miller there is no reason, besides being a Celtic, that he should have not been ejected.

LMAO.

That isn't how it works. You don't look at past games, past plays, past whatever, and use that to make a call in the current game.

I thought it was borderline as to whether he should have been tossed. But Hinrich is the one that reacted, and came at Rondo pushing/shoving/punching. If Rondo had been tossed, Kirk should have as well.

LMAO.

That isn't how it works. You don't look at past games, past plays, past whatever, and use that to make a call in the current game.

I thought it was borderline as to whether he should have been tossed. But Hinrich is the one that reacted, and came at Rondo pushing/shoving/punching. If Rondo had been tossed, Kirk should have as well.

So, you are telling me that referees don't call games closer and more critically after a play like Rondo's foul on Miller? Rondo may have not been ejected, but it hurt his team. The refs calling the game closer got Perkins and Davis in foul trouble and really allowed the bulls to get into the paint.

So, you are telling me that referees don't call games closer and more critically after a play like Rondo's foul on Miller? Rondo may have not been ejected, but it hurt his team. The refs calling the game closer got Perkins and Davis in foul trouble and really allowed the bulls to get into the paint.

I don't think it hurt them at all. Boston had chances to win the game (as did Chicago before they actually did), and neither team made the plays. Boston has nobody to blame but themselves, as down the stretch, they just didn't get it done.

I still don't agree with Doc leaving Tony Allen did as much as he did. I know it was for defense, but you can't have both he and Rondo on the floor at the end of a game, of course the defense is going to leave them open.

not only is kevin garnett the most overrated player in the game, he's also the biggest punk. i like how he was cussing the chicago bench after the game, screaming mf's in their direction. like you had any effect on the outcome from the bench in your sweater vest.

dude's a punk. all of a sudden he's god's gift after a career's worth of playoff flameouts in minnesota. i don't buy it. dude's a punk.

:clap

I have never liked KG. I still remember he talked all sorts of trash to the Spurs in the 1999 playoffs, including pushing Duncan only to get laughed off.

I love hearing Doc's "coaching" when they mike him: "If we hang together, we're gonna win." Real technical stuff, there.

Well, part of it is what they choose to put on the air, which is the non-technical stuff.

And part of it is that in a timeout there's not exactly time to be breaking down the technical strategy, i.e., if you don't know what you are supposed to be doing against the pick and roll at this point, is a lecture during a timeout going to fix that?

LMAO.

They do it all the time. You don't think it's easier for Artest or Sheed to pick up a T based on reputation?

And Rondo was far more out of line that KH. Especially considering he tripped KH the game before, which is a dangerous move to go after someone's ankles.

Back