**nba playoffs** second round

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is why people are jabbing Kobe, because he does do it often and Lebron (for the most part) doesn't. I don't mind the subtle trash talk, that's all good competitive fun...but the woofing so loud that the TNT cameras pick it up gets old.

KG basically cusses out his opponents EVERY GAME. Jordan and Bird were 2 of the biggest trash talkers ever. LaBron postures and poses after most every dunk. Paul Pierce threw up a gang sign last yr after a key bucket, to go along with his throat slashes that the NBA told him to stop using....

Artest has trash talked Kobe since he came into the league. In fact, Kobe isn't even recognized as a major trash talker. He is more of a trash responder. His lightweight taunts of battier last night were directly after the Fisher incident. Had the Fisher incident not happened, the tech on Kobe wouldn't have happened.

Lightweight trash talk occurs every game, after every dunk, etc in the NBA.

Actually, the mouthing that got him the technical was weak. That was probably the least amount of barking and woofing to everyone in the arena he did the entire game. It simply gets annoying to see him give that little arrogant face and starting yelling at everyone, making sure everyone is aware of who made the shot. Again, all the greats talk trash, but to make it become such an outward action gets old.

My contention is that it's a bit fake for someone soft like Lamar Odom (who was getting punked in the paint, legally) start jawing and getting altercations where there was no reason to. I would rather see him toughen up and act like a 6'11 guy and not get abused in the lane by somebody smaller than him as opposed to this fake tough guy attitude. And what you say about Fisher is my point. He's a tough defender and he gives the Lakers an edge with that, but like you said he has never been a dirty guy and for him to all of a sudden do it to "prove a point" seems fake and manufactured.

Toughness to me is not sizing a guy up and by checking him with an elbow, or by getting in a guy's face because he got physical (legally) with you, especially a guy like Odom who was having a horrible game and getting his ass kicked up and down the floor. How about playing harder, Lamar?

I see your point about Odom. He is up and down. He will never be a physical player. Physical players usually take him out of his game. I like Odom, but I hoped that LA would have moved him for a more physical presence last year, but they didn't. You can't have 2 soft bigs like Gasol/Odom. You need a Scola, type to protect your scorers/stars. I believe that Jackson emphasized being tougher to the team. He was pretty disgusted after the 1st game. IMO, he did that for yrs in Chicago. He was FINALLY able to get Pippen to at least fight back after he had been punked for yrs by the Knicks/Pistons.

If Pippen had never toughened up, MJ would not have won 6 rings, IMO. LA at least needs Odom to stand up, along with Gasol. Both would rather play a finesse type of game, and finnesse isn't Houston's style. That is why Bynum playing better and staying on the court will be so important in Houston. He is the only Laker big who invites contact.

KG basically cusses out his opponents EVERY GAME. Jordan and Bird were 2 of the biggest trash talkers ever. LaBron postures and poses after most every dunk. Paul Pierce threw up a gang sign last yr after a key bucket, to go along with his throat slashes that the NBA told him to stop using....

Artest has trash talked Kobe since he came into the league. In fact, Kobe isn't even recognized as a major trash talker. He is more of a trash responder. His lightweight taunts of battier last night were directly after the Fisher incident. Had the Fisher incident not happened, the tech on Kobe wouldn't have happened.

Lightweight trash talk occurs every game, after every dunk, etc in the NBA.

Oh I agree, about KG, his act was getting annoying based from the fact he wasn't even playing. You have to be honest, Kobe is much more flamboyant, vocally, when it comes to the trash talk. I agree Lebron poses after dunks all the time, but personally I find that less condescending than someone turning and yelling at the defender. Does Lebron do it from time to time? Yes...but not even near the amount that Kobe does. Kobe definitely feels slighted that he didn't get the MVP and probably to a larger extent, that the NBA has turned into a one giant Lebron fest.

The whole thing started last night when Odom got in in the face by Scola, Lamar and Sasha responded like prima donnas because Odom got hit in the face on some incidental contact.

I won't argue with lightweight trash talk at all, as I said earlier. It's the bellowing so everyone can hear it that gets old.

2 games vs the rockets and 2 wimpy cheap shots by Kobe. When Battier was getting after him in game 1 he elbowed him in the head, now in game 2 when Artest is battling for position he throws a girly elbow in his throat.

Seriously, the more you watch this guy the more you understand what happened in that hotel room in Colorado and why he paid that girl off.

Rape? Maybe not, but when things aren't going his way he is a little cheap shotting wuss.

As soon as the glamour of his NBA lifestyle is over his wife is gone. And he will go OJ. Mark that down.

Last edited:
I don't think Kobe wants to tussle with Ron Artest.

What Fisher did is nothing compared to Kobe's sissy elbow toss.

Fisher put a mans move on Scola. A body to body blow to send a message, not some wussy cheap shot.

2 games vs the rockets and 2 wimpy cheap shots by Kobe. When Battier was getting after him in game 1 he elbowed him in the head, now in game 2 when Artest is battling for position he throws a girly elbow in his throat.

Seriously, the more you watch this guy the more you understand what happened in that hotel room in Colorado and why he paid that girl off.

Rape? Maybe not, but when things aren't going his way he is a little cheap shotting wuss.

As soon as the glamour of his NBA lifestyle is over his wife is gone. And he will go OJ. Mark that down.

Wow. Once again Boca seems clueless.....

Can I ask you an honest question? If your wife or gf had been raped, would you want her to take a payoff to remain quiet? I happen to work in the human services/social work field. I did an internship at the rape crisis center a few yrs ago. I asked several women how they felt about that, and ALL said that no money, payoff, gifts, etc could replace the desire to see their perp/rapist convicted.... Just something to think about. I won't even go into the multiple semen samples in her panties, along with the fact that HER BOYFRIEND and other close friends testified how she ALWAYS said that she would set up a celebrity to get rich.

You nor I truly know what happened in that hotel room. 2 People know, and one said rape the other said consensual, yet the rape victim was willing to shut up once she got the money..... Rape is a serious crime and one that needs to have the perp convicted/punished so that other women are protected. Most rapist don't rape once and stop. Most rape until forced to stop. You should be careful making those types of blanket statements because you dislike a guy....

The evidence isn't anywhere near as clear cut as you portray. If Kobe is a rapist, then he needs to be prosecuted, bottom line.

Obviously you didn't look at the video that Soopa posted, or you are just ignoring because it doesn't support your Kobe hater filled rants. Anyone in their right mind can see the way Artest was shoving KB, using his forarm in the back of KB's head, and pushing him under the basket..... The video doesn't lie. Have you guys forgotten the Bulls/Pistons series'? Has everyone forgotten the playoff rules of no layups, no intimidation taken on your home court? Do the names Mahorn, Rambis, Truck Robinson, Maurice Lucas, Dennis Rodman, Bruce Bowen ring a bell? This is the playoffs!!!! This is why cute little teams like Phoenix and Dallas don't win titles. The playoffs are a battleground, and last night LA fought the schoolyard bully toe to toe and won....

don't forget the elbow kobe threw at millsap late in the first series.

Wow. Once again Boca seems clueless.....

Can I ask you an honest question? If your wife or gf had been raped, would you want her to take a payoff to remain quiet? I happen to work in the human services/social work field. I did an internship at the rape crisis center a few yrs ago. I asked several women how they felt about that, and ALL said that no money, payoff, gifts, etc could replace the desire to see their perp/rapist convicted.... Just something to think about. I won't even go into the multiple semen samples in her panties, along with the fact that HER BOYFRIEND and other close friends testified how she ALWAYS said that she would set up a celebrity to get rich.

You nor I truly know what happened in that hotel room. 2 People know, and one said rape the other said consensual, yet the rape victim was willing to shut up once she got the money..... Rape is a serious crime and one that needs to have the perp convicted/punished so that other women are protected. Most rapist don't rape once and stop. Most rape until forced to stop. You should be careful making those types of blanket statements because you dislike a guy....

The evidence isn't anywhere near as clear cut as you portray. If Kobe is a rapist, then he needs to be prosecuted, bottom line.

Obviously you didn't look at the video that Soopa posted, or you are just ignoring because it doesn't support your Kobe hater filled rants. Anyone in their right mind can see the way Artest was shoving KB, using his forarm in the back of KB's head, and pushing him under the basket..... The video doesn't lie. Have you guys forgotten the Bulls/Pistons series'? Has everyone forgotten the playoff rules of no layups, no intimidation taken on your home court? Do the names Mahorn, Rambis, Truck Robinson, Maurice Lucas, Dennis Rodman, Bruce Bowen ring a bell? This is the playoffs!!!! This is why cute little teams like Phoenix and Dallas don't win titles. The playoffs are a battleground, and last night LA fought the schoolyard bully toe to toe and won....

It was Kobe's shoulders, but a foul nonetheless.

FALSE. Fisher has been tough his entire career, though he has never been a guy who would cheapshot a guy so blatantly. Houston operates with physical play and intimidation. The Lakers came into the season vowing to not get pushed around like they did against Boston. No different than Clevelands change of attitude about playing defense.

When Bynum is healthy, he plays tough. Ariza is a tough kid. Odom and Gasol are probably the main 2 regulars who both need to be a little tougher. I think that last night was just the Lakers letting Houston know that they aren't going to be pushed around.... Artest and Scola are bullies. Rockets management did a great job of putting the right supporting pieces around Yao. They are enforcers who protect him. The best thing that happened to Houston was having She-Mac go down with an injury.....

I agree.

Fisher has always played tough. People may not like Kobe but he has always went hard in the paint. His game is so nice you may not see how aggresive and hard he goes at people in the paint. Odom goes hard also. People get to see a little more of it because he is finally healthy. Bynum goes hard and so does Ariza. Gasol is the only one that plays soft when somebody puts some weight on him.

What Fisher did is nothing compared to Kobe's sissy elbow toss.

Fisher put a mans move on Scola. A body to body blow to send a message, not some wussy cheap shot.

I love Fish, but that was a terrible cheap shot at a guy who wasn't prepared to take it. Comparing that body shot which could have injured the guy badly, to a lightweight elbow in RETALIATION to a mauling just further proves that you post out of hatred/emotion, and not common sense or basketball IQ.

I love Fish, but that was a terrible cheap shot at a guy who wasn't prepared to take it. Comparing that body shot which could have injured the guy badly, to a lightweight elbow in RETALIATION to a mauling just further proves that you post out of hatred/emotion, and not common sense or basketball IQ.

bocabull hasn't changed one bit.

Really? A body to body block will hurt somebody more than an elbow? That is just silly. Fisher body blocked Scola, chest to chest, Fisher took as much contact as Scola, he just initiated the contact.

LOL @ that being more dangerous than an elbow above the shoulders. Artest is bigger and stronger and he has his hip on Kobe and was working him out of position. Was it a foul? Probably. But it was not cheap. Kobe was getting bullied so he responded like a wuss.

As for the Colorado situation, I said it may or may not have been rape. But watching the way Kobe resorts to cheap shots when things aren't going his way and how pathetic his personality is, that certainly leans towards the accusation that he got physical when he wasn't getting what he wanted.

As for the girl dropping the case, she dropped it because she got paid and why go through the 24/7 character assassination from Kobe's multi million hit squad?

Remember Kobes twin OJ got off too initially.

We were talking about this at lunch today, who would you not want to p--- off in the NBA?

Artest's name came up quite a bit.

I would not want to piss off Ron Artest or Kenyon Martin, I can tell you that.

Really? A body to body block will hurt somebody more than an elbow? That is just silly. Fisher body blocked Scola, chest to chest, Fisher took as much contact as Scola, he just initiated the contact.

LOL @ that being more dangerous than an elbow above the shoulders. Artest is bigger and stronger and he has his hip on Kobe and was working him out of position. Was it a foul? Probably. But it was not cheap. Kobe was getting bullied so he responded like a wuss.

As for the Colorado situation, I said it may or may not have been rape. But watching the way Kobe resorts to cheap shots when things aren't going his way and how pathetic his personality is, that certainly leans towards the accusation that he got physical when he wasn't getting what he wanted.

As for the girl dropping the case, she dropped it because she got paid and why go through the 24/7 character assassination from Kobe's multi million hit squad?

Remember Kobes twin OJ got off too initially.

Seriously? You're about as biased as they come, and honestly dont have a clue. Start with your point about how Fisher and Scola hit "chest to chest", look at the gif that is posted on this thread. Realize how stupid you sound when obviously twisting facts, and then read the rest of your post.

chest to chest, shoulder into his chest, whatever, it is body on body, not sharp elbow to soft neck or face. Wusses throw elbows. The same type of wuss who would push around a girl. Just like Rafer slapping House. Rafer and Kobe = women.

Seriously? You're about as biased as they come, and honestly dont have a clue. Start with your point about how Fisher and Scola hit "chest to chest", look at the gif that is posted on this thread. Realize how stupid you sound when obviously twisting facts, and then read the rest of your post.

Kimber you are 100% correct, but Boca won't admit it. He hates Kobe that much.... Notice he hasn't attacked Kobe's play since the 3rd game of the Utah series. Now he's trying to equate a blatant cheapshot which could have ended a guys season with one of the weakest flagrant elbows that I have seen in awhile. Elbows like that happen on most every rebound scrum in the NBA. Not saying that KB shouldn't have been called, but as much as I love Fish, his play was one of the seasons worst. Flat out cheapshot against an unsuspecting oponent.

Kobe responded by single handedly eliminating Utah, and he lit the rockets up last night against tough defense. He made some very difficult shots.... Once Kobe has another bad game, Boca will be back discussing how over-rated he is, etc... For now, a weak elbow is all that he has to hang his hatred,,,, I mean hat on.:D:D

chest to chest, shoulder into his chest, whatever, it is body on body, not sharp elbow to soft neck or face. Wusses throw elbows. The same type of wuss who would push around a girl. Just like Rafer slapping House. Rafer and Kobe = women.

Is Dwight Howard a woman? What about his blatant head hunting elbow to Dalembert?????

LeBron just barrelled over Josh Smith. Obvious charge, but it's a blocking foul on Smith.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back