**nba playoffs** second round

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everyone keeps coming up with the NBA conspiracy theories, while MLB continues to unveal CHEATING SUPERSTARS. I'll take the NBA any day......
anyone who watched the lakers and kings a few years ago knows there are higher forces at work in the nba.

anyone who watched the lakers and kings a few years ago knows there are higher forces at work in the nba.

Possible..... And everyone who thinks that the owners/admin are not facilitating steroid use in the NFL/MLB is just burying his or her head in the sand. Lets go with boxing..... Don King corrupted that years ago..... Lets try college hoops. Just watch ANY Duke/UNC games and see officiating at its finest. Well, lets try college football.... USC/ESPN West gets a free pass to a BCS bowl yearly because of the lovefest.....

We could go on and on. Its all about the money, and the NBA isn't the only one with some questionable moments. Its the nature of big business. I love the NBA, NFL, and college sports. MLB can take a flying leap, IMO. I grew up loving the Yanks and Dodgers. I can't stomach watching them anymore because all of my faves are cheating......

Agreed. And I think the fact that ESPN is airing a Kobe documentary on Saturday night in the middle of the playoffs in which his team is involved is the reason for these "questioned" results...

I thought Kurt Schilling was in your fav 5 mizzy?

Hahahaha. Top 5 buffoons maybe.:ez-roll:

Like I said, every sport has its good and bad. I'm sure that NFL defenders would tell you that they would like to be able to hit Brady and Manning without the zebras interfering, but it won't happen.

I bet that pitchers would like to face A-Fraud and Man Ram without 15 times the amount of steroid in their bodies as a horse can handle. The NBA is no worse than any of those sports, IMO. The NBA gets hammered as being the league of thugs, etc when MLB and the NFL, along with college athletics regularly have more arrests, scandals, and blow-ups per capita than the NBA.

Stereotyping at its best..... or worst

Last edited:
Agreed. And I think the fact that ESPN is airing a Kobe documentary on Saturday night in the middle of the playoffs in which his team is involved is the reason for these "questioned" results...

They did one on D-Wade last week just as the Heat were getting their exit papers. They profiled the Steelers ad naseum the week of the Superbowl. UNC's hoops team had several tear jerking documentaries during March Madness. Conspiracies all around us!!!:ez-roll::ez-roll:

Heck, come to think of it, TEBOW had his own power hour daily leading up to the BCS title game.....

It all started with the WEAPONS OF MASS DESTRUCTION CLAIMS!!!:ez-roll::ez-roll:

Let me make sure that I got it all straight.....

IF the Lakers win it all, then ESPN and the NBA staged it so that Kobe could win????

IF the Lakers lose to Houston, Denver, Dallas, Cleveland, Boston, Orlando, or Atlanta, then Kobe is not a leader, and he isn't capable of taking his team to the highest mountain????

Well heck, we may as well call it now and get ready for some college football off season conversation......:(:confused:

What happens if LA or Cleveland get upset before the finals???? Does that mean that the NBA isn't as good at cheating as SAAAY,,,,,,, MLB???????

Kobe gets all the calls, Lebron James doesn't. Lebron has to work for everything, Kobe gets away with blatant cheating.

I know. That was a joke, I just wanted to see what you were going to say. LOL.

2de1c9b60fccba36
edaf344c9ee62a58

mizzy is active today ... his juices are flowing for tonights game ... he knows this is a do or die

They did one on D-Wade last week just as the Heat were getting their exit papers. They profiled the Steelers ad naseum the week of the Superbowl. UNC's hoops team had several tear jerking documentaries during March Madness. Conspiracies all around us!!!:ez-roll::ez-roll:

Heck, come to think of it, TEBOW had his own power hour daily leading up to the BCS title game.....

It all started with the WEAPONS OF MASS DESTRUCTION CLAIMS!!!:ez-roll::ez-roll:

I think that things like this just point to who these networks WANT to win. Is there a conspiracy involved? Probably not, but it does make one wonder how much influence the ESPNs and TNTs actually have...

mizzy is active today ... his juices are flowing for tonights game ... he knows this is a do or die

Yep. Probably too pumped for just a 2nd round game.:ez-laugh:

I don't really consider tonight do or die, but it really will be a big psychological advantage for whoever wins tonight. LA just needs 1 in Houston. I know that both teams want to make a statement tonight.

Like I said earlier, this is Kobe's chance to silence his critics. If LA doesn't win it all with an old Spurs team, and KG out with injuries, then I will stop mentioning Kobe as one of the greatest ever.

No way MJ loses the tiltle to anyone this yr, if he were on the Lakers with the team that KB has. No way Magic, or Bird don't win it all........

Like I said earlier, this is Kobe's chance to silence his critics. If LA doesn't win it all with an old Spurs team, and KG out with injuries, then I will stop mentioning Kobe as one of the greatest ever.

No way MJ loses the tiltle to anyone this yr, if he were on the Lakers with the team that KB has. No way Magic, or Bird don't win it all........
Very honest assessment, Jmizzy. Sometimes we overstate things like this, but I think what you are saying is pretty accurate. I will say though that the team in Cleveland is awfully, awfully good and if the Lakers were to lose in 7 or something to them, it's hard for me to get too hard on Kobe. Like you said, time will tell. We'll know pretty soon.

I agree with that. On paper the Lakers have the best talent this year. If Kobe doesn't win a title this year I don't think he'll ever win another one.

Very honest assessment, Jmizzy. Sometimes we overstate things like this, but I think what you are saying is pretty accurate. I will say though that the team in Cleveland is awfully, awfully good and if the Lakers were to lose in 7 or something to them, it's hard for me to get too hard on Kobe. Like you said, time will tell. We'll know pretty soon.

I actually think the Lakers match up better with the Cavs then with the full strength Celtics. The Lakers size in the middle make it more difficult for Lebron and the triangle gets them good matchups on the offensive end.

The key is that the Cavs have been super focused and are playing better right now. We all know from last year that it doesn't always translate to the finals.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back