**nba playoffs** second round

Status
Not open for further replies.

thebigabd

Reaction score
All second round posts go in here!

NBA.gif

I am going with 16 threads that ended up getting merged with this one, any other predictions?

I'll start things off with a hearty...

Go Lakers!!!!!!!!

In case you're wondering how jmizzy anticipated my post, he's physic. ;)

Beat LA!

Beat LA!

Beat LA!

Beat LA!

Beat LA!

Kendrick Perkins cannot guard Dwight Howard. Problem is, their other options in the post are even weaker defensively.

My Lakers better get the intensity up!! If Kobe has to take 30+ shots a game for them to have a chance, then I don't like our chances.

The biggest flaw which I STILL see is the lack of toughness in the Laker players. They don't have that 1 guy who everyone knows is in there to play hard D, foul the heck out of someone, get a big steal, etc. It will be interesting to see how they respond. When Boston hit them in the mouth last yr, they didn't hit back.....

Odom and Gasol look good when they are having their way, not so much against tougher teams. Fisher looks old, IMO. This is going to be a tough series for LA to survive.

GO LAKERS!!!!!!!

My Lakers better get the intensity up!! If Kobe has to take 30+ shots a game for them to have a chance, then I don't like our chances.

The biggest flaw which I STILL see is the lack of toughness in the Laker players. They don't have that 1 guy who everyone knows is in there to play hard D, foul the heck out of someone, get a big steal, etc. It will be interesting to see how they respond. When Boston hit them in the mouth last yr, they didn't hit back.....

Odom and Gasol look good when they are having their way, not so much against tougher teams. Fisher looks old, IMO. This is going to be a tough series for LA to survive.

GO LAKERS!!!!!!!

Fisher cannot guard Brooks, but The Laker's bigs cannot allow him to have uncontested layups. Second game should be interesting.

Kendrick Perkins cannot guard Dwight Howard. Problem is, their other options in the post are even weaker defensively.

Um not a Celts fan by any means, but I'm pretty sure Dwight has done worse against the Celts than any other team because of Kendrick Perkins, but even with that said, Perkins won't be able to hold him off alone for a seven game series.

I'm afraid the Celt's are going to run out of gas. With their depth problems, I just don't think they needed all those minutes against Chicago. And now with the home loss, gonna be tough, as I don't think we've won in Orlando in quite some time.

Nuff said..............

yao-ming-running.jpg

Just the fact that Yao is dumb enough to be out running in high tops on a track is laughable. I love when basketball guys do that then complain about shin splints.

Besides that, I have to say GOOOOOO CAVS!!!

Um not a Celts fan by any means, but I'm pretty sure Dwight has done worse against the Celts than any other team because of Kendrick Perkins, but even with that said, Perkins won't be able to hold him off alone for a seven game series.

Dwight's stats this year against Boston:

1. 14 pts, 15 rbs
2. 11 pts, 11 rbs
-----------------
3. 18 pts 15 rbs
4. 24 pts, 21 rbs

The reason for the division was that the first two regular season games were when Kendrick had help defensively from KG. Note how Dwight's stats improved when Kendrick was left on an island, so to speak.

Dwight's stats this year against Boston:

1. 14 pts, 15 rbs
2. 11 pts, 11 rbs
-----------------
3. 18 pts 15 rbs
4. 24 pts, 21 rbs

The reason for the division was that the first two regular season games were when Kendrick had help defensively from KG. Note how Dwight's stats improved when Kendrick was left on an island, so to speak.

You make it sound as though there is any team that could lose their starting PF (who doubles as their backup center), and still defend Howard as well. Boston did fine against him last night, Howard only had 16 points. Boston is going to have to find a way to stop guard penetration, and to avoid the scoring droughts, especially early in the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back