**nba playoffs** second round

Status
Not open for further replies.
Perkins with an elbow to the throat of Pietrus. Hey, it's not just Kobe, people...

I have not seen a guy allowed to hover in the lane on offense as much as Yao. It reminds me of when a young Shaq use to set up a shop in the lane, and 3 seconds was never called. Yao may as well pitch a tent....

Houston IS NOT BETTER THAN LA in any facet of the game, offense, defense, transition, etc. LA should be disapointed if they don't win this thing.

Houston turns it over way too much as well to win this series.....

Good win for LA. Farmar actually matches up alot better against the quick Houston guards than Fisher. Artest hurt his team tonight. Typical Artest. Confusing how everyone has suddenly fallen in love with him. Kobe has owned him for yrs.....

I listened to Doug Collins on XM radio. He made some great points. He said that everyone went Houston crazy after they caught a lax LA team at home in game one. He then said that if LA plays their best, and houston plays their best, LA wins the series every time. LA IS the better team, and it has shown for the last few yrs against Houston.

Gasol didn't play well tonight. If Ariza, Odom, Farmar, Fish, Sasha, etc can hit open looks, they will win out. Kobe drives and no less than 3 rockets smother him, play after play. He created so many open looks for the guys that they had to start hitting some....

Time to get greedy and win on sunday which will put alot of pressuer on Houston. They better hope that Yao is ok.

Lakers/Rockets series is over.

Unfortunately looks that way. When the LAL role players like Ariza and Farmar hit their shots, they are impossible to beat. Lakers are also very underrated on defense. They forced Houston into some very poor shots last night...

Unfortunately looks that way. When the LAL role players like Ariza and Farmar hit their shots, they are impossible to beat. Lakers are also very underrated on defense. They forced Houston into some very poor shots last night...

Great point. LA's defense has been better all yr. That is why I chuckled all week when everyone was talking about LA's manufactured toughness, etc. Last year Boston pushed LA around in the paint, and it was obvious how much LA missed Bynum down low. Bynum is not anywhere near full speed yet. He says that its a mental thing, and that he doesn't trust his leg yet.... Common after a serious ortho injury.

Kobe, Fisher, and the bench guards have always played tough. Kobe has been battling people like Artest for yrs. Nothing manufactured about not letting thugs like Artest push you around. LA pushed back...... Ariza is a tough kid. He won't back down, and with Bynum, Gasol can play his natural PF position without having to bang with stronger centers.

Like you said, if those guys are hitting the open looks that they will get, LA is going to be hard to beat. Every time Kobe makes an effort to penetrate, ESPN slo mo shows at least 3 guys following him, which leaves shooters wide open.

Lakers/Rockets series is over.

Definitely. The better team won last night and that's not changing.

Now here's a story you people will get a kick out of. I live in Scottsdale, so this is mainly Suns/Laker hater country, but there are plenty of Laker fans roaming around. Watched the game with with a group of people, some of who I know and others I don't, after a round of golf with the adult beverages flowing.

Early third quarter, with the Lakers up by a couple, after watching Houston fighting from behind, trying and failing to get ahead all game long I proclaimed "THIS GAME AND SERIES IS OVER". My buddy Terrence asked why I would say that in a 2 point game with the series tied 1-1. I said the Lakers could put together a 10-0 run and get separation and the Rockets couldn't. You could just see it.

Well half the room jumped all over me saying I was wrong and the Lakers sucked, etc etc. Of course the Lakers got that 10 point separation pretty fast and as you all know with me, I couldn't resist (especially after a couple shots) of saying "SEE, IT"S OVA".

Now a few of the most vocal started acusing me of being a "closet Laker fan" and that since I love LA so much I should move there, etc etc. HA HA HA HA

It was hillarious, I was thinking O man I wish Mizzy and grace could hear this, they would fall out of their chairs.

Of course it was all in good fun.

Definitely. The better team won last night and that's not changing.

Now here's a story you people will get a kick out of. I live in Scottsdale, so this is mainly Suns/Laker hater country, but there are plenty of Laker fans roaming around. Watched the game with with a group of people, some of who I know and others I don't, after a round of golf with the adult beverages flowing.

Early third quarter, with the Lakers up by a couple, after watching Houston fighting from behind, trying and failing to get ahead all game long I proclaimed "THIS GAME AND SERIES IS OVER". My buddy Terrence asked why I would say that in a 2 point game with the series tied 1-1. I said the Lakers could put together a 10-0 run and get separation and the Rockets couldn't. You could just see it.

Well half the room jumped all over me saying I was wrong and the Lakers sucked, etc etc. Of course the Lakers got that 10 point separation pretty fast and as you all know with me, I couldn't resist (especially after a couple shots) of saying "SEE, IT"S OVA".

Now a few of the most vocal started acusing me of being a "closet Laker fan" and that since I love LA so much I should move there, etc etc. HA HA HA HA

It was hillarious, I was thinking O man I wish Mizzy and grace could hear this, they would fall out of their chairs.

Of course it was all in good fun.

:ez-roll::ez-roll::clap

I got you a Kobe jersey packed and ready to mail!!!

Oh the classic Mavs meltdown. Question for any Mavs fans. Do the Mavs ever lose because of things they do, or is it always the refs fault?

I've never seen such a whiny fan base. It's like they all take their cues from Cuban.

If you are going to intentionally foul somebody, just grab them. Wright didn;t grab Melo and then even pulled back after he swatted at the ball like he didn't foul.

It doesn't matter though, the Nuggets were clearly the better team.

Melo vs Kobe.

Don't underestimate the Colorado Rockies. They are playing some good basketball.

Lebron is the best player in the game, and it's not even close.

Does Lebron even know how good he is?

Very good question. Just think if he had the attitude/killers instincts that Jordan had. The thought is just scary....... The dude is a one man gang.

Very good question. Just think if he had the attitude/killers instincts that Jordan had. The thought is just scary....... The dude is a one man gang.

I think he has the instinct mixed with humility and respect for his opponents. There was a pretty loud chant of MVP when he was shooting free throws at the end of the game in Atlanta yesterday. That is unheard of.

He is a fine young man you naturally rout for.

Last edited:
I think he has the instinct mixed with humility and respect for his opponents. There was a pretty loud chant of MVP when he was shooting free throws at the end of the game in Atlanta yesterday. That is unheard of.

He is a fine young man you naturally rout for.

I agree.

I like how he ALWAYS gives credit to the NBA legends as well. I have heard him credit Magic, Dr. J, Bird, Jordan, on many occasions. Very humble young man....

Speaking of character, I gotta admit that I hate seeing Yao struggle with the injuries. He is a good guy, and he shows alot of enthusiasm and love for the game. Hard to root against a guy like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back