**nba playoffs** second round

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone seen Jmizzy today. He has a lot of questions to answer with this absymal showing. The Lakers are going to get exposed by the Cavs.

Lebron > Kobe.

I'm here Rule. I checked in earlier, but it was on the old LNC board. Pretty much what I said is that:

1) Gasol and Odom both need to go see the Wizard and get some heart. I love both players, but one or the other needs to be shipped for a less talented, less money seeking big man who plays D, rebounds, and brings some attitude in the paint. When your top 2 bigs are both finesse players, you gotta have a tough small forward who can bang inside. LA has no one. Ariza is playing good, but he isn't really a presence at the small forward, more of a swingman....

2) May have to cut Fisher's minutes in favor of Farmar/Brown. The penetration of Brooks, Lowry, Wafer, EVERYONE, is killing the D, and the bigs are terrible at helping and recovering.

3) Kobe may have to score 40 EVERY night for us to win. The other guys seem to play when they feel like it.

4) Bynum is really in a funk. He looks like a shell of the guy who was playing prior to the injury. I don't expect LA to beat the Nuggets, IF they survive Houston, without a contribution from Bynum in the paint. He is the only semblence of a presence on D. Heck I would have played Mbenga(sp?) today. At least he will bang bodies and rebound, and he acts like he at least likes to play D.

5) Still with the Lakers til the wheels fall off. I don't jump ship when things get tough. Never abandoned then when we struggled with guys like Smush Parker, Van Exel, Ceballos, etc. I'm a Laker fan, just like numerous people in this thread aren't fans of ANY particular team, they are either Kobe haters, or Labron bandwagon riders. I would rather stick with my boys.:):)

I thought it was disgusting the way Battier was preening at half court and talking trash after hitting all those 3s on Kobe. Wait, what?

:ez-roll::ez-roll:

Good point Pauls. I saw that too. Remember that its only bad when Kobe does it!!! Kobe has his own set of standards and rules. I'm sure that he will give them something to moan about on tues night.

Artest got away with an elbow to ARIZA's head as well. Of course Ariza pushed him back and he drew the foul. Soopa probably will post the video later.....

:ez-roll::ez-roll:

Good point Pauls. I saw that too. Remember that its only bad when Kobe does it!!! Kobe has his own set of standards and rules. I'm sure that he will give them something to moan about on tues night.

Artest got away with an elbow to ARIZA's head as well. Of course Ariza pushed him back and he drew the foul. Soopa probably will post the video later.....

I was being sarcastic. Battier just ran down the court after making each 3. And Artest seemed to be boxing out to me, with his arms up. Probably should have just been a no call...

hmmmm Ray Allen and Glen Davis for Jeff Green? Somebody got robbed. Presti may not be as sharp as people want to think.

I would take Davis over Green head to head.

I was being sarcastic. Battier just ran down the court after making each 3. And Artest seemed to be boxing out to me, with his arms up. Probably should have just been a no call...

They showed the replay of Battier giving the business to the Lakers bench in the 2nd quarter. No big deal to me, but he was pumped and let the Lakers know that he was in the zone.

Artest blocking out, PLEEZE. The guy pushes off almost every play, including when he drives to the right. He uses his free arm to shield the defender as an equalizer to his piss poor ball handling ability. He mugs people under the boards on most every play. Rucker Park rules is all that the idiot knows. Straight NYC streetball. I hope that he stays cold from 3 because he may just shoot LA to the Western Finals. OVERRATED player, IMO.

If anyone thinks that most all NBA players don't do alot of talking, then he or she should get some court side tickets sometime.... I had the fortune of having courtside tickets to several NBA games in the past 10 yrs, and alot of so-called good guys talk trash during the game. I have no problem with it personally. The only person who ever bothered me was KG because he says some things that I didn't want my daughter hearing...

I attended a Timberwolves/Wizards game a few yrs ago, and he was into it with the Wolves bench. I was sitting courtside with my daughter and wife, and we got an earful from KG all game..... Most of it went like this: You f'ing beyotch azz fockers can't stop me with a tank nigga. F u niggas trying to guard me, beyotches need to get off my dick, blah, blah, blah...... My daughter covered her ears. LOL. He was pretty graphic the entire game. Iverson does some of that as well, as does Rasheed, Kobe, Shaq, andStephen Jackson. There were many more, but those guys stuck out.....

Battier just let the Lakers know that they weren't going anywhere today... Had Kobe done thatr, it would have been a 20 pg thread by now.... No biggie, see them in LA tues night.... Early prediction: Kobe for 35+, LA by 10+.:)

Last edited:
hmmmm Ray Allen and Glen Davis for Jeff Green? Somebody got robbed. Presti may not be as sharp as people want to think.

I would take Davis over Green head to head.

Yep, you and no other NBA GM. There's a reason that Green was lotto and Davis was second round. Of course in your bizarro world that must make Davis better.

Yep, you and no other NBA GM. There's a reason that Green was lotto and Davis was second round. Of course in your bizarro world that must make Davis better.

Maybe you are too busy serving fries to notice but Glen Davis has started every playoff game, playing 37 minutes, shooting 49.3%, scoring 16.4 points & grabbing 6 boards a game. And knocking down series changing game winners.

LOL @ you calling him a "2nd rounder". He is better than Jeff Green.

Maybe you are too busy serving fries to notice but Glen Davis has started every playoff game, playing 37 minutes, shooting 49.3%, scoring 16.4 points & grabbing 6 boards a game. And knocking down series changing game winners.

LOL @ you calling him a "2nd rounder". He is better than Jeff Green.[/QUOTE]

Come on Boca..... You know that if KG and Powe were healthy, Big Baby would be buried on the bench. I applaud the guy for making the most of his opportunities, but Jeff Green is a level above him. Green can guard and rebound as good or better than BB, and he plays offense much better at this point. JG could hit the open jumpers that Big Baby hit today. In fact, Green hit them all year.

On the same note, I believe that as well as LaBron and the Cavs are playing, if KG were healthy, the C's would still win the east. I believe that with KG the C's dominate the Magic. With no inside defensive presence, the C's are reluctant to play hard perimeter D which would push the Magic shooters off the line and force dribble penetration.

Jmizzy uncorked.

Hahahaha!!!! Glad to see Cheno and Grace posting in this thread. I have been getting killed by the Kobe haters.;) I know that Cheno and Grace both love NBA hoops, and they always add great insight. I wish that Edmond, Soopa, and Ada would join in more.

Speaking of NBA hoops talk, where is good ole???? He headed up the Celtic cheer squad last yr. Please don't tell me that he's a frontrunner who jumped ship/bandwagon when KG went down??:p

I think I would chime in more if there was less Kobe talk. I'm tired of talking about Kobe personally. I find it sad there isn't much NBA talk unless Kobe is involved.

Boca, right now the C's got the better of the deal in getting a hall of famer and a player that has really overachieved. With that said, Jeff Green may be playing for the Thunder for a long time while Davis will be gone next season and Allen within three years.

I'll take Jeff Green's upside over what Davis brings to the table. I don't think I have ever loved/hated a player like I do Glen Davis. He'll knock down a great shot then the very next play give up a layup or turn the ball over. A little more maturity and he'll be much better. I don't think that will be with the C's though.

jmizz, if KG and Powe weren't injured the C's would probably be up 3-1 on the Magic right now. As for the Cavs, whomever had home court advantage you have to give the edge. Neither team has lost a home game against each other in like 16 games.

Unfortunately looks that way. When the LAL role players like Ariza and Farmar hit their shots, they are impossible to beat. Lakers are also very underrated on defense. They forced Houston into some very poor shots last night...

for a reason :ez-laugh:

LOL @ you calling him a "2nd rounder". He is better than Jeff Green.

He's also being defended by Rashard Lewis who isn't a PF and isn't considered a defensive ace by any stretch. Let's see him average those for a whole season like Green has. He is a nice player but he isn't close to Green in skill or potential.

And you can laugh all you want at the 2nd rounder but that's what he was, but I know you're not real interested in facts.

The Laker's defense was pathetic yesterday. They were playing 5 on 4 basketball and still couldn't stop the Rockets. Did Houston EXPOSE the Lakers for being a FRAUD or has the league become MEDIOCRE? If LA is considered a championship caliber team, the fans are getting RIPPED OFF.

5653b2ae0275a0fa

The Laker's defense was pathetic yesterday. They were playing 5 on 4 basketball and still couldn't stop the Rockets. Did Houston EXPOSE the Lakers for being a FRAUD or has the league become MEDIOCRE? If LA is considered a championship caliber team, the fans are getting RIPPED OFF.

5653b2ae0275a0fa

You make that statement based on one game. Amazing.

Come on Boca..... You know that if KG and Powe were healthy, Big Baby would be buried on the bench.

To be fair, Green would probably be buried behind those two as well.

Guys, Big Baby averaged 4 minutes more per game during the regular season than Powe and started ahead of him in game 1 vs Chicago prior to his injury.

As for being a "2nd round" draft pick, you are only a draft pick on draft day, after that you are an NBA player and judged by your skills and accomplishments. If there was a redraft Davis would soar and I think even ahead of Green.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back