**nba playoffs** second round

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's see him average those for a whole season like Green has.

I have now heard it all. Let's see him do it in the regular season? For a 23 win team when the other team is playing at half speed? Vs in the playoffs when everybody is giving 100%?

Green is just another nice beanpole NBA player. Davis is an immovable force with unparalleled touch and quickness.

Last edited:
I have now heard it all. Let's see him do it in the regular season? For a 23 win team when the other team is playing at half speed? Vs in the playoffs when everybody is giving 100%?

Green is just another nice beanpole NBA player. Davis is an immovable force with unparalleled touch and quickness.

:ez-roll:

lol @ the mavs and anything in Texas.

Yes camp I do hold a special place in my heart for Davis the way he sent those longhorns packing in the elite 8 his soph year. I'm a lifetime fan of anybody who takes a dump on anything in that pathetic state.

Feel free to give us another 300 lb player with his touch and quickness.

Davis scores 26 as Tigers outlast No. 2 Texas

060325_lsu_vmed_7p.widec.jpg

Last edited:
To be fair, Green would probably be buried behind those two as well.

Not sure Green would be buried behind Powe....... Powe can't score from the perimeter like Green can. Powe usually spells Perkins because both are traditional lowpost players with no range. Green can step out and hit the jumper, so he would probably spell KG now that I think more about it.

There are no words to respond to this kind of ridiculous post.

Yes, regular season performance has always been the measuring stick over playoff performance. That's how all the great ones are measured.

Yes, one playoff performance has always trumped 82 games. Sure. The guy is playing terrific but we'll see what happens next year and in their careers.

Yes, one playoff performance has always trumped 82 games. Sure. The guy is playing terrific but we'll see what happens next year and in their careers.

To be fair, Big Baby has been playing this way since late in the regular season, and the entire playoffs. I think he is for real. Not an all star, but definitely a very solid player that does certain things really well. He is a good fit for Boston.

A playoff series is more important than all 82 games. Big Baby has now made a name for himself because of the playoffs, if he put up the same exact numbers through a stretch of 10 games in the regular season nobody would care.

Tayshaun Prince did something similar in the playoffs as a rookie. He came in off the bench and played great for Detroit and really made a name for himself.

A playoff series is more important than all 82 games. Big Baby has now made a name for himself because of the playoffs, if he put up the same exact numbers through a stretch of 10 games in the regular season nobody would care.

Tayshaun Prince did something similar in the playoffs as a rookie. He came in off the bench and played great for Detroit and really made a name for himself.

No it's not. Lot's of guys have come up big in playoff performances but have had mediocre careers. We aren't talking about who is playing better in the playoffs, the question is who is the better player and will be the better player. Up until this point Green has been seen as the better player and prospect.

Now, if Big Baby continues this type of play into next season consistently it will be a good discussion. Let's not forget we aren't too removed from him crying like a baby on the sidelines this year.

He played well at the end of the season, averaging 14 and 5 in April and 11 and 6 in March. You can argue that Green does it on a losing team but I could also argue that Green is gameplanned for as the second option on the Thunder while Davis is at best a 4th option for the Celtics. He's getting really good looks because Allen/Pierce are drawing so much attention and he's playing with a PG who's playing at an All Star level.

To be fair, Big Baby has been playing this way since late in the regular season, and the entire playoffs. I think he is for real. Not an all star, but definitely a very solid player that does certain things really well. He is a good fit for Boston.

this i can agree with...

I personally never doubted his offensive abilities after watching him in college. He must improve his defense and other areas of his game to merit big minutes when the others come back.

this i can agree with...

I personally never doubted his offensive abilities after watching him in college. He must improve his defense and other areas of his game to merit big minutes when the others come back.

Agreed, though I see his ceiling as a Corliss Williamson type. I think Jeff Green's ceiling is an Antawn Jamison type. He just has a higher ceiling than Big Baby.

Agreed, though I see his ceiling as a Corliss Williamson type. I think Jeff Green's ceiling is an Antawn Jamison type. He just has a higher ceiling than Big Baby.

I like Jeff Green and think he's very skilled, but he's just a soft dude. Reminds me of the softness of Rashad Lewis.

Presto got schooled by Ainte.

Name the last GM who was trading an All Star with a huge salary who didn't get schooled. You never get equal value out of those deals. McHale did pretty well to get Jefferson from Boston but considering Garnett led Boston to a championship I would say Ainge schooled his buddy as well. :)

Some deals can be win/win situations. I consider the Boston/Minnesota deal to be just that. Boston needed some experience. Minnesota needed to start over. Both teams got players to do just that.

What I'm interested to see, is what Boston is going to do in the next couple of years when those guys start aging. Curious as to what Danny's next plan is. Hopefully it isn't another 15-20 years of futility.

Some deals can be win/win situations. I consider the Boston/Minnesota deal to be just that. Boston needed some experience. Minnesota needed to start over. Both teams got players to do just that.

What I'm interested to see, is what Boston is going to do in the next couple of years when those guys start aging. Curious as to what Danny's next plan is. Hopefully it isn't another 15-20 years of futility.
Ainge's concern over the next 10 years is going to be "how do we catch up to Cleveland." Now of course, that goes out the window if Lebron bolts.

Yeah, I included that deal because it was about as close as you get to a win/win. Though considering KG won a title in his first year there you could say that Ainge swindled McHale a bit.

In a sense, McHale came out as good as Ainge, because KG had made it known that he was gone in free agency the next yr anyway. Minnesota pulled the trigger because they didn't want to be left with nothing for KG. They actually did well getting a young star caliber player.

The Laker's defense was pathetic yesterday. They were playing 5 on 4 basketball and still couldn't stop the Rockets. Did Houston EXPOSE the Lakers for being a FRAUD or has the league become MEDIOCRE? If LA is considered a championship caliber team, the fans are getting RIPPED OFF.

5653b2ae0275a0fa

JMizzy said it best a few pages back. Gasol and Odom have no heart and Bynum is a shell of his former self. I'll add that Walton would not even be in the top eight rotation on most teams. He's a bigger wuss than Gasol and Odom.

In short, the Lakers do not have a quality big with the toughness to win championships. The only players on that team with heart are in the back court. I don't condone what Fisher did in game three, but maybe he felt he had to set an example for his teammates.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back