**nba playoffs** second round

Status
Not open for further replies.
They will builds statues of Paul Pierce.
In fact, they may start tonight.

Meanwhile, Orlando is a dreadful 6 for 24 from three point range, and Dwight Howard has only 10 shots. They were 5 for 27 shooting from three point range a game ago. What was it Shaq said about Stan Van Gundy as a coach?

That he's a master of panic, Shaq is right too. The Magic players zone him out on the bench.

Glen Davis is going to make way more money than Jeff Green the next couple of years.

What is a 17 PPG young playoff starter who makes clutch shots worth? Economic times are tough but Big Baby will make somewhere between Marquise Daniels $6.9 million and Carlos Boozer $11.5 million a year.

Both were draft misses who got their payday after 2 years just like Big Baby will be getting his.

Why, b/c he plays for a local team? Or was drafted higher?

I just don't see it.

You don't see how he's better than Leon Powe? Come on! Green averaged 16 and 6 this season while Powe averaged 7 and 5. I'll admit, Davis has had a great postseason but in his regular role he averaged 7 and 4. Powe and Davis just play on a way better team.

Isn't Davis and Powe to Green apples and oranges?
Davis and Powe are more protypical big men while Green is an hybrid 3/4 that is fairly atheltic.

Celtics scoring the post season:

Paul Pierce - 261
Ray Allen - 228
Rajon Rondo - 207
Glen Davis - 202
Kendrick Perkins - 143
Eddie House - 100

Pretty amazing they could make the conference finals.

They have no depth. After House they drop down to Marbury and Scalabrine scoring about 4 ppg. I know people have knocked Doc Rivers for some reason, but the guy is getting all he can from this group.

You don't see how he's better than Leon Powe? Come on! Green averaged 16 and 6 this season while Powe averaged 7 and 5. I'll admit, Davis has had a great postseason but in his regular role he averaged 7 and 4. Powe and Davis just play on a way better team.

Seriously?

Powe got hurt before he could ever play starter minutes. When he has, when he's played big minutes, he has produced. Powe doesn't have the jumper that Big Baby has, but Powe is really good at the trash buckets, rebounds really well, and plays pretty good defense. Powe also had some big games last post season.

When Powe did get a chance this year, he had a four game stretch of 20, 12, 23, and 30 points, and averaged about 11 boards per game. And two of those games were against Cleveland and Orlando.

The most overrated players in all of the NBA are the 3rd best player on crappy teams.

They get their 15-18 ppg because somebody has to. And yes I consider Westbrook better than Green.

Glen Davis is going to make way more money than Jeff Green the next couple of years.

What is a 17 PPG young playoff starter who makes clutch shots worth? Economic times are tough but Big Baby will make somewhere between Marquise Daniels $6.9 million and Carlos Boozer $11.5 million a year.

Both were draft misses who got their payday after 2 years just like Big Baby will be getting his.

Who's going to pay him that? That's more than Rondo and Perkins are making right now. He'll definitely get a pay raise the next few years but it will won't be that much. Most likely in the 1-3 million range.

Isn't Davis and Powe to Green apples and oranges?
Davis and Powe are more protypical big men while Green is an hybrid 3/4 that is fairly atheltic.

You are correct. Hard to compare them because they play different styles of ball. Big Baby can step out and hit the mid range jumper, but he doesn't have the range of Green. Green can't bang in the paint like Powe does. Big Baby is a liability on defense. Most PF's shoot over the top of him, quicker, smaller forwards go right by him. He will be a good guy coming off the bench giving energy and a nice shooting touch. If he starts in Boston, they have obviously had something go wrong, like injuries, players leaving, etc.

I love Big Baby's enthusiasm. He is making the most of his audition. I feel the same about Shannon Brown of the Lakers. He is forcing his way into the guard rotation by playing good whenever he gets a chance.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back