**nba playoffs** second round

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm feeling an Artest meltdown. You can just see it coming. He's about to snap.

I know that the pick and roll is a major staple of NBA offenses, but I have never seen more moving screens by one team than Houston. Brooks is hard enough to guard off the dribble without Scola being allowed to set sliding screens on most every possession.

Hey mizzy, I thought the officiating in this game alone has been a HUGE joke. Carry on.

Hey mizzy, I thought the officiating in this game alone has been a HUGE joke. Carry on.

I agree. About par for the course, but LA can't use that for an excuse. If they had started the game like they have played the 2nd half, it wouldn't even be close. I give Houston credit though, they play hard.....

Unable to keep Brooks from penetrating, and guys like Carl Landry(who???) stepping up big = game 7. If houston can box up the gameplan and take it to LA, we may have a Denver/Houston western finals. Are you kidding me???? Landry and Scola own Gasol/Bynum/Odom.......

Horrible execution all night by the Lakers. No desire to run inside out. No desire to drive the paint. Settle for jumpers all night, except for the 3rd. No desire to crash the boards.

Horrible execution all night by the Lakers. No desire to run inside out. No desire to drive the paint. Settle for jumpers all night, except for the 3rd. No desire to crash the boards.

Exactly. Just look at Scola/Landry/Hayes, vs Odom/Bynum/Gasol. The match-up shouldn't even be close..... Horrible by the Lakers, just horrible.....

Landry/Hayes are borderline NBA players at best. Gasol/Odom are supposed to be all-star caliber.

Exactly. Just look at Scola/Landry/Hayes, vs Odom/Bynum/Gasol. The match-up shouldn't even be close..... Horrible by the Lakers, just horrible.....

Landry/Hayes are borderline NBA players at best. Gasol/Odom are supposed to be all-star caliber.

Jmizzy, I disagree full-heartedly. This is clearly on the head of Kobe Bryant. There is no one better then him supposedly in the game, but he has underperformed in this series. Guys can look at Odom, Bynum, and Gasol, but no one should be able to hold Kobe.

He needed to take this game over.

Last edited:
Jmizzy, I disagree full-heartedly. This is clearly on the heads of Kobe Bryant. There is no one better then him supposedly in the game, but he has underperformed in this series. Guys can look at Odom, Bynum, and Gasol, but no one should be able to hold Kobe.

He needed to take this game over.

Kobe is averaging over 28.0/gm in the series. Not sure that he hasn't done enough if the others do their part. When Kobe shoots it excessively, everyone complains that he doesn't trust his guys. He is trying to play within the system. I'm sure sunday we'll see him locked and loaded.

If he scored 45 tonight, and the Laker bigs let the Houston bigs go 17-28, then LA still loses by 10+. Kobe hasn't played his best ball this series, but its not Kobe killing LA other than game 3 when he had only 15 pts. Kobe could have scored 70 tonight, and the penetration of Brooks, and the play of the Houston big guys would have been the difference, IMO.

Last edited:
There is something that a huuuuuuuuge favorite doesn't want in a 7 game series.

That is a game 7.

There is something that a huuuuuuuuge favorite doesn't want in a 7 game series.

That is a game 7.

AMEN...

I dont know if it is just because this is a horrible matchup for the Lakers or if they have just sunk this low...

I want to say it is a bad matchup because of the quicker guards and smaller yet more physical inside play, but you have the worlds best or second best player on your team...a 3rd team All-NBA performer and a cast that last year everyone was saying was the best in basketball...granted that cast has underperformed for most of this season but the level of intensity is inexcusible...

The Rockets just want this more, and the Lakers are showing they think a little too highly of themselves...

It is hard to look at this very objectively because i am a Kobe fan and a Laker fan, but i do think they still will win the Western Conf and make it to the finals...although they arent playing like the team that swept both Boston and Cleveland in the regular season, could be another dud of a finals and the Lakers getting embarrased with this type of effort...

Screw the Lakers. Celt's let one get away last night. Pierce and Allen need to step it up a notch.

I know that the pick and roll is a major staple of NBA offenses, but I have never seen more moving screens by one team than Houston. Brooks is hard enough to guard off the dribble without Scola being allowed to set sliding screens on most every possession.

Watch ANY NBA game and you will see hundreds of illegal picks, they don't call it at all.

all hail the houston rockets, and the new beast that is Carl Landry ... thanks for showing up last night!

Houston_Rockets.jpg

:clap

go lakers!!!!!!!!!!​

go lakers!!!!!!!!!!​

go lakers!!!!!!!!!!​

go lakers!!!!!!!!!!​

go lakers!!!!!!!!!!​

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back