**nba playoffs** second round

Status
Not open for further replies.
The most overrated players in all of the NBA are the 3rd best player on crappy teams.

They get their 15-18 ppg because somebody has to. And yes I consider Westbrook better than Green.

Riiiight. And the 6th and 7th best players on playoff teams are awesome players? Gimme a break.

Davis is a nice player but he won't see anywhere near that type of money until he produces for a meaningful stretch of time. I think he is coming around and getting punked by Garnett on the sideline has him playing tougher. He could definitely be a quality starter in the league or a terrific 6th man.

Lets get this thing back up near the top.....

Time 2 close out 2nite!!

GO LAKERS!!!!!!!

Lakers should close it out unless they just don't care. Denver is hot, maybe the Lakers series going 7 and letting Denver cool off takes away their momentum.

bocabull;94874[B said:
]Lakers should close it out unless they just don't care. [/B]Denver is hot, maybe the Lakers series going 7 and letting Denver cool off takes away their momentum.

Depends on which Laker team shows up. If it's the one in game five that assumed a Yao Ming-less Rocket team will be easy, I look for the series to go seven. If we see a determined game six Laker team, tonight's game will be no contest.

I have been frustrated the entire season by the Laker's lackadaisical approach to some games. That's what I meant before when I agreed with jmizzy's comments about a lack of toughness from players like Gasol, Odom, Bynum and Walton. I believe we'll know in the first fifteen minutes if this will be one of those nights.

But Ada, the Lakers got beat in game 4 for 1 simple reason. Aaron Brooks outscored Kobe 34-15. Like I previously said, turn that around and the Lakers would have won 106-80.

So I scratch my head when you blame the inside guys when the guards lost them the game.

Anyway, it will be interesting to see how Denver plays Kobe. They let Dirk roam free and still won with ease. They may do the same thing. Let Kobe score 35 ppg like Dirk and stop everybody else.

Boca, is Kobe to blame for high gas prices and global warming? Just thought I'd ask. ;)

Boca, is Kobe to blame for high gas prices and global warming? Just thought I'd ask. ;)

the oil lobby has that one wrapped up

but that monopoly is about to come crashing down

there is a new generation

Is it inte collective bargaining agreement that players are allowed to complain after, literally, every possession?

I love the NBA, but these guys are acting like huge prima donnas.

:clap:clap:clap:):)

Scola is schooling Odom, Gasol, Bynum AGAIN in the paint, but surely somehow its Kobe's fault......

Last edited:
Depends on which Laker team shows up. If it's the one in game five that assumed a Yao Ming-less Rocket team will be easy, I look for the series to go seven. If we see a determined game six Laker team, tonight's game will be no contest.

I have been frustrated the entire season by the Laker's lackadaisical approach to some games. That's what I meant before when I agreed with jmizzy's comments about a lack of toughness from players like Gasol, Odom, Bynum and Walton. I believe we'll know in the first fifteen minutes if this will be one of those nights.

:)

:clap:clap:clap:):)

Scola is schooling Odom, Gasol, Bynum AGAIN in the paint, but surely somehow its Kobe's fault......

Scola's high for the series before tonight was 12 points. That sure is some abusing. Brooks has done the abusing in Rocket wins.

Scola's high for the series before tonight was 12 points. That sure is some abusing. Brooks has done the abusing in Rocket wins.

If you understand b-ball, then you know that total pts aren't the only measure of domination. Right now Scola has Gasol's heart in his hip pocket. You keep talking about Brooks vs Kobe, how about Brooks vs Fisher? Kobe doesn't guard Brooks, ever.

I know I'm young, but Aaron Brooks is the fastest mf'er with a basketball in his hands that I've ever seen

I know I'm young, but Aaron Brooks is the fastest mf'er with a basketball in his hands that I've ever seen

VERY fast..... Fisher needs to play minimal minutes in the 2nd half. He helps LA very little against these guards. Farmar and Brown are the best options against the little smurf fast guards.

Why don't they put Kobe on Brooks? Brooks is just abusing Fisher EVERY TIME down the court. Holy cow.

Why don't they put Kobe on Brooks? Brooks is just abusing Fisher EVERY TIME down the court. Holy cow.

Fisher can no longer guard quick/fast pg's. Williams from Utah abused him as well. He actually matches up better against Billups because Chauncey isn't a fast pg. They are equaly strong and physical types of players. He matches up terribly against the Rocket guards. Not having T-Mac helps the Rockets against LA, because if T-Mac was playing, her would be dominating the ball, and taking the ball out of Brooks' hands alot.....

Phil needs to play Farmar and Brown in the 2nd half. It won't matter if Gasol continues to be MIA. Scola has his heart in his hip pocket right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back