Nebraska signs 6'11'' 315 juco post....

thebigabd

Reaction score
One of the top post players in the junior college ranks last year, Almeida will add to what is expected to be a huge front court for the Huskers next season as Nebraska currently has three freshmen and sophomores who stand at least 6-10.

“Andre is as talented as he is big,” Sadler said. “He has good hands and footwork and he knows how to get around in the paint and score. He has tremendous strength, and when you’re that big, it’s hard to be moved around. Andre will help us when we get into Big 12 play where we’re facing great big men every night. He also has a tremendous work ethic and I think Nebraska fans will enjoy seeing him play alongside some of our other younger big guys.”

A 2010 NJCAA Division preseason All-American, Almeida is the fifth international player to sign with the Cornhuskers under Sadler.

During his first season in the United States, Almeida led Arizona Western College to a 26-6 record in 2008-09, including an 18-4 mark in conference action, as AWC finished the year ranked 17th nationally in NJCAA Division I. The Matadors won their fourth regional title in five years before falling in the district finals. Almeida led the way as he averaged 13.8 points over 32 games while ranking first in the nation in field-goal percentage by hitting an outstanding 71.0 percent (184-of-261) from the floor. He also led the league in blocked shots with 3.5 per game (112 total) while adding 7.9 rebounds and 1.6 assists per contest.

http://www.huskers.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=20&SPID=24&DB_OEM_ID=100&ATCLID=204833493

Nebraska has a legit frontcourt next year with Christian Standhardinger (6'8'' 210), Brian Diaz (6'11'' 235, averaging 10 a game this year as a freshman), Andre Almeida (6'11'' 315), Chris Neimann (6'11'' 265, supposed to be a starter this year and last year but has blown his knee out twice), Brandon Ubel (6'10'' 220, starting this year as a freshman averaging 7 and 3), and Quincy Hankins (6'8'' 240).....

Standhardinger is their best player, Diaz is looking like a really nice player as a freshman, Ubel can play, and Neimann was supposed to be a starter.

Funny how they go from being the smallest team in the country to one of the biggest. Also funny that 4 of their post players are international.

Legit at the Huston Huffman maybe. In college basketball not so much.

move over Shane Dirks Turks there's a new prospect in town.

6'11" and 315 pounds? Are you sure you're not posting about the wrestling team?

Between Standhardinger and Almeida they will be a lock to go to the Final Four next year!

I look forward to guarding him with Keiton Page. Like we did against Utah's 7 footer.

It was only for like a second, but let that visual sink in.

If this were true, he would not be going to Nebraska.

Doc Sadler is 4-2 against Mike Anderson. They land some good players, they just have not been able to put together a complete team or have any depth, which is tough to do at Nebraska. They are getting close.

Next year they will have 5 post guys that can play. Standhardinger, Diaz, Ubel, Niemann, and Andre. It will be the most talented and deepest frontcourt Doc has had there.

Last edited:
I dont care if he were a 100-0 against John Wooden, nebraska still sucks and aint going to the NCAA tourney.

I dont care if he were a 100-0 against John Wooden, nebraska still sucks and aint going to the NCAA tourney.

I bet they make the dance in 2010-2011.

Back