New ARENA as part of entertainment District

I think we have to incorporate the culture wall in the design. Maybe build the arena within the wall, kind of like the baseball stadiums in Baltimore and San Diego utilize existing structures to really capture the identity and feel of the area.
Outdoor basketball. A court that can "roll" onto Owen Field.

ON CAMPUS

Parking garage.

Statues of the GOAT Wayman, Buddy, & Griffin. Maybe Tubbs? A play on Heisman Park.
I've never understood why the lack of recognition of the GOATs with OU basketball. A statue of Wayman should be a no-brainer.

But there isn't anything around the arena to properly honor Wayman or Billy as I put them above the rest. No statue, no name on the court, etc. Crap, it took 30 years for them to even recognize Billy with a banner in the rafters. Which, BTW, we still don't have Hollis up there for some stupid reason as he was a four-year player, Big XII POY, and All-American, and still is in the top 5-10 in several categories. No excuse. And it's been now a little over 8 seasons- time to get Buddy's number up there, too.

Only having one of the display cases with a couple of pictures and team photos in the upper concourse is an insult to some of these guys.

Of course, the cynic (or realist) in me just shows yet another way that the OU admin and athletic department doesn't give a crap about OU basketball.

We need that Headington guy to just build a new 8,000 seat arena on campus and quit messing around.

Back