Northstar Blog lists OU as favorite for Terrance Jones

Sam

Reaction score
Never heard of it before and I have no idea if the guy is credible but I figured it was worth mentioning.
In all likelihood, Jones will not go any farther east than Oklahoma, and the Sooners seem to be the front runner. The summer stock booster is considered to be an OU lean, and Jeff Capel's best recruiting tool might be to tell Jones that he just produced a power forward who was the #1 pick in the NBA Draft in Blake Griffin, though the two are very different players. Do not rule out Oregon State. Once a Pac-10 bottom feeder, Craig Robinson has rejuvenated the program and brought in a big-time class in 2009. With a player of Jones' caliber in the Beaver State, one can only imagine how badly Robinson wants to land him. Arizona is working to get Jones as well and could be a possibility if Jones wants to stay on the West Coast, but still venture a bit away from home. Sean Miller is a tireless recruiter, and Jones would be a huge get. Maryland is the odd one out here, as it is the lone east coast program listed. The Terrapins are a long shot for Terrence, but his relationship with Maryland-commit Terrence Ross '10, who is originally from Oregon, could be a factor, and is the main reason UMD has a shot. It likely will not be enough though. Just as Oregon State should not be crossed off the list, Oregon should not be either. With Ernie Kent on the hot seat, getting a pledge from the state's best player would be big, so he is doing what he can to keep Jones in-state and convince him to be a Duck.
Source
Also predicts Lamb to KU and McCallum to UCLA.

Site doesn't seem that legit, but I'll take any good feelings about Terrance Jones coming here.

Man, we sure are bumping heads with Arizona quite a bit this year...

Jones, McCallum Zeigler and Lamb...

I say Capel and Miller just put their names in a hat and draw for the players. I would be happy with any combination of two of those...

I believe Northstar Blog to be 100 percent credible and this report to be 100 percent true. :)

Never heard of it before and I have no idea if the guy is credible but I figured it was worth mentioning.

Source
Also predicts Lamb to KU and McCallum to UCLA.

Site doesn't seem that legit, but I'll take any good feelings about Terrance Jones coming here.

I have heard some similar talk on Jones. Capel will be in home with Jones today and I've heard Cape is absolutely in love with him as a basketball player.. I'm sure Jones can feel the love. Time will tell, but I've heard Oklahoma is in very good shape at this point.

Oh wow! I would be on floatin in the clowds if we got jones! I am just trying to imagine the following lineup:

1)TMG
2) ??
3) Clark
4) Jones
5) Gallon

We would be so good...I think in this scenario tiny comes back!!

How about Zeigler, Lamb or even Pledger at the SG spot? Heck, Cade Davis will be a senior at that point. Might be nice to have one senior in the lineup with all those young guys.

A lineup of TMG, Pledger, Clark, Jones, and Gallon would be really young but so talented. If they could keep that lineup for one more year then you would be talking Final Four.

Don't forget Taylor, Willis, and Steven Pledger. One of those guys could easily plug into that spot.

How about this!!

1) TMG
2) Mcallum
3) Clark
4) Jones
5) Gallon

I know, I know I am getting ahead of myself expecting both jones and macallum to sign....but boy that would be a fun squad to watch play

How about this!!

1) TMG
2) Mcallum
3) Clark
4) Jones
5) Gallon

I know, I know I am getting ahead of myself expecting both jones and macallum to sign....but boy that would be a fun squad to watch play

haha count me on board?! :ez-roll:

Terrence Jones, a 6-foot-8, 220-pound small forward from Portland (Ore.) Jefferson High ranked No. 13 in the Class of 2010, has a big week of in-home visits coming.

Sept. 21 – Oklahoma

Sept. 22 – Kentucky

Sept. 23 – Maryland

Sept. 24 – Arizona

Sept. 27 – Kansas

Terrence Jones, a 6-foot-8, 220-pound small forward from Portland (Ore.) Jefferson High ranked No. 13 in the Class of 2010, has a big week of in-home visits coming.

Sept. 21 – Oklahoma

Sept. 22 – Kentucky

Sept. 23 – Maryland

Sept. 24 – Arizona

Sept. 27 – Kansas

and on Sept. 29th my 21st B-day Jones gives me a present with a commit to OU!!

and on Sept. 29th my 21st B-day Jones gives me a present with a commit to OU!!

Better still, I would like to see Jones cancel the other in-homes after Capel's visit and announce he plans to be a Sooner! :woot

That is a nice list of teams that have in-home visits. Hope these guys know what they are talking about; hopefully distance is not a factor [or a good factor if he wants to see a different area of the world].

With UNC off the list that is encouraging. KU is on Adrien Payne pretty heavy so that might help us. UK is also in line to get CJ Leslie.

Back