>>>>>Oklahoma [1-0] vs. Tulane [1-1] Gameday Thread<<<<<

Re: >>>>>Oklahoma [1-0] vs. Tulane [1-1] Gameday Thread<<<<<

Lol..Woodard is NOT the guy to interview. Lov him you can tell he's not a talker.

I do think we will be much better in march. Next year...wow. If we can land Young...

If we land young and keep this 11 man roster in tact (Minus Jordan), this team could be a top 15 team in 2017-18

I like how we play. It pleases me even if not some of you.

Count me in! Maybe we're just easier to please, but I saw a lot of positives in that game to be excited about.

Didn't get to see much of the game, but love the great spin move by Odomes for a basket, and a great drive-by Doolittle . Buford better watch out or he'll lose a lot of his playing time

Kruger has the starting 5 right at this point of the season. I saw things from each of them that I really liked. Also, McNeace had a nice game.

Doolittle: Wow!! 12 boards, handled the ball better than I expected. Future star
Lattin: So athletic. Much better this year. Needs to stay out of foul trouble
Woodard: Crafty PG. He controlled the game in the 2nd half. Solid
Odomes: Finally saw what he can do in a game. Great slasher and very good defensively
James: Star. Probably our best player.

McNeace: 9 rebounds. Much improved and so athletic. Needs to get better defensively.

also liked how we're progressing defensively. the on-ball defense at the top of the game was very good. it initially caught the wave offguard and they had little pops and deflections thru the game. you can see the effort is coming. Freeman has some terrible defensive struggles!!

Team is already fun to watch and look forward to watching them improve. It has to be fun to coach a young team with this potential.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It was a good game.......the competition wasn't the best, but we're young.

One of the coaches needs to take Odomes to the gym and teach him how to shoot free throws.

It seemed like we were making some poor passes....probably because some of the players weren't used to each other. But the young players showed some talent and didn't have a lot of turnovers.

All in all, a good win.

:dance005:

doolittle is going to be a star for us IMO. hope its just an off night for most of these players

Agreed. And to go a bit further, look at all the big guys. Put the stats together? Nice for a front court (and yes, on offense Freeman is anything but front court). But who cares? He stretches the floor!

UNI will be a difficult matchup for this squad. We came really close to playing them twice last season in Hawaii and in OKC. Very well-coached and disciplined. The definition of a team that doesn't beat themselves with mistakes and turnovers. We have to have better possessions, get better looks, and take care of the ball much better than we have to this point to win.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not a bad game. Looks like our depth is working for us and several of them will only get better as they gain experience.

New Orleans is not a bad team. They are well coached and have some players. North Carolina only beat them by 20.

We will get more from McGusty as the season goes along. He is still trying to do too much.

Maybe the best game or at least the best second half in Woodard's career. McNeace also his best game when we really needed it from him. Doolittle like a baby bull.

Looks like at least a 9 man rotation this year and I don't know who gets left out. Probably Sherherd. Buford will not play until Sunday. Everyone played at least 13 minutes tonight.

I'm a little surprised to see some are disappointed with the win. I thought the second half was very solid for us.

I'm a little surprised to see some are disappointed with the win. I thought the second half was very solid for us.

me too. I was very enthused with their response to Tulane a few minutes into the second half. made me even more excited for the season!!

There was one disappointing stretch in the first half, but i am always very happy to have a 20 or so point win. Like Cool said, we responded very well in the 2nd half and should have a good team to cheer on all year

Back