ORU won at Stanford 83-81....

thebigabd

Reaction score
Good win against a Pac-10 team for Oral Roberts.

Wow! That's a very nice win for ORU. Stanford is coached by Johnny Dawkins aren't they? BOOMER SOONER BABY!!!

Bigabd, is this a year when OU, OSU, Tulsa and ORU could all make the tourney?

I think that has happened in the past. I know there was a stretch in the 90s when OU, OSU and Tulsa were consistently making the tourney.

I think the game might have been in Cancun or something.

Is that Scott Sutton's team? I think OSU took the wrong Sutton.

People have been saying that for a long time.

The job Sutton has done at ORU has been very good. They have had nothing less than a 20 win season going on 4 years now. He has done a great job with "lesser" talent.

Sooner or later, a higher profile school is going to come knocking on his door. Of course, he may not answer it. I think he is happy at ORU, and it would take something unique or special to get him to leave.

Bigabd, is this a year when OU, OSU, Tulsa and ORU could all make the tourney?

I think that has happened in the past. I know there was a stretch in the 90s when OU, OSU and Tulsa were consistently making the tourney.

Don't forget Colorado.

count me as someone who never wants stanford to lose.

count me as someone who never wants stanford to lose.

same here. We need the Duke admin to think Dawkins is CoachK Jr. Quite frankly, Dawkins has sucked as a recruiter.

Dominique Morrison is a pretty good player from Raytown MO. I believe.

Last edited:
No, the game was in Stanford. ORU took numerous screwcalls at the end of the game. Came away with the win anyway. Morrison,guard, for ORU is a player. Not real flashy but ice in his veins and can make any shot.

Morrison was a high major recruit. big coup by ORU. They're recruiting has struggled lately and he has been the one bright spot.

People have been saying that for a long time.

The job Sutton has done at ORU has been very good. They have had nothing less than a 20 win season going on 4 years now. He has done a great job with "lesser" talent.

Sooner or later, a higher profile school is going to come knocking on his door. Of course, he may not answer it. I think he is happy at ORU, and it would take something unique or special to get him to leave.

You are correct about this. Scott loves it at ORU and his wife loves Tulsa. I talked to Scott about this a few years ago. His "dream job" was given to Pelphrey. That is the job he would leave ORU for. He said that despite living in Lexington, Fayetteville, and Stillwater growing up, Fayetteville feels like home to him.

Morrison had been underperforming thus far, so it was good that he had a break out game. Wake Forest beat ORU pretty bad but the Deacs outrebounded them like 50 to 25 which is what killed Scott's boys. I think they got it corrected last night. They have that Bell-Holter kid who's a true freshman but he's a big ol' boy that they'll need production from inside along with Kevin Ford.

Scott Sutton has done a real nice job of finding obscure recruits and JUCO players. His teams seem to be well coached and play hard on defense.

On a side note, did anybody else see Eddie Sutton in St. Louis Tuesday night? They showed him in the stands during the Arkansas game.

Back