OSU-Pittsburgh

Slightly off topic, but I'd just like to say kudos to OSU and Travis Ford for the year they had, as much as it pains me to say it. If you would have told me two months ago they would end the year the way they did I would have had you committed.

OU and OSU will both dance.

Alright. Well I disagree. If you are so confident that Napoleon will get them back without Eaton and Anderson, how about you play the betting game, and have to put up an OU avatar of my choosing if OSU doesn't make the dance next year?

I know you Enid guys can't resist a good bet.....:BillSelf

There's no guarantee that Anderson is gone, though...

Alright. Well I disagree. If you are so confident that Napoleon will get them back without Eaton and Anderson, how about you play the betting game, and have to put up an OU avatar of my choosing if OSU doesn't make the dance next year?

If Anderson returns OSU I will take the bet. As long as you're not like Nortwah on the Owen Field board. He still needs to pay up on OSU v. Washington St.

Hey BigTime -- weren't you the one here a couple of months ago talking about how OSU would finish 6-10 in the Big 12 and there was "no way" that we would make the tournament.... constantly talking about how our lack of size would be "exposed".... ?

And yet you are just so 100% certain that we WON'T make the tournament next year, despite not knowing if Anderson will return and not having seen any of our newcomers for next year play.

Pardon me if I doubt your prognostication abilities, vis a vis OSU.

Hey BigTime -- weren't you the one here a couple of months ago talking about how OSU would finish 6-10 in the Big 12 and there was "no way" that we would make the tournament.... constantly talking about how our lack of size would be "exposed".... ?
that was denversooner.

And yet you are just so 100% certain that we WON'T make the tournament next year, despite not knowing if Anderson will return and not having seen any of our newcomers for next year play.

That was me and I was wrong.

i think a bunch of us said that. and we were wrong. you guys played really well this season. I applaud you. I can always be wrong again but i see next year being a step back for osu

If Anderson returns OSU I will take the bet. As long as you're not like Nortwah on the Owen Field board. He still needs to pay up on OSU v. Washington St.

What if Anderson doesn't return (I think he is going pro)?

Wright and Allen are nothing compared to Taylor and Blake. Patillo is inconsistent. That front line isn't exactly intimidating.

Both teams will be riding heavily on freshmen next year both at the point and on the block.

There are a lot of questions for next season.

You can claim it is not intimidating all you want but that would be a legitimate Big XII front court. Obviously it is not Blake Griffin and Taylor Griffin but those three guys could be a serviceable front court in the Big XII. I have seen Sampson teams with less do just fine in this conference. Additionally you are making an assumption that Ryan Wright would not be a respectable player with 35 mintues a game. I think he would. The guy has a lot of athletic ability. He has just never gotten a chance to really play. I certainly don't think he would be a double double guy but I think he could grab 7 boards and about 10 points a game, which is servicable.

You can claim it is not intimidating all you want but that would be a legitimate Big XII front court. Obviously it is not Blake Griffin and Taylor Griffin but those three guys could be a serviceable front court in the Big XII. I have seen Sampson teams with less do just fine in this conference. Additionally you are making an assumption that Ryan Wright would not be a respectable player with 35 mintues a game. I think he would. The guy has a lot of athletic ability. He has just never gotten a chance to really play. I certainly don't think he would be a double double guy but I think he could grab 7 boards and about 10 points a game, which is servicable.

Unfortunately Wright would also have fouled out with eight minutes to go. Patillo is the only "big" who showed a great deal of promise that the Sooners have returning. Wright and Allen are both turnover/fouls waiting to happen when they are out there. I realize they should improve by next season, but I hope for a lot more help in the trenches than what we have returning.

Having said that, I also see a similar problem for OSU and doubt seriously that Page will be able to fill Eaton's extra-wide sneakers.

I was also one of the many here that said OSU would not make the big dance this season. Don't mind being wrong once in a while but it is usually a good bet to pick against the pokes.

What if Anderson doesn't return (I think he is going pro)?

Would you take the bet if Willie Warren doesn't come back?

I don't mean for that to sound snarky or anything, i'm just wondering.

Would you take the bet if Willie Warren doesn't come back?

I don't mean for that to sound snarky or anything, i'm just wondering.

Yes, I still think we make the dance even if Willie doesn't come back. We will have 2 McDAAs (and I don't think either are going to be disappoint) plus Crocker and Pattillo. I also think folks are going to really be suprised regarding Ray Willis once he learns how to defend at a high level.

That being said, imo there is a better chance of Willie coming back than Anderson.....

Well hell, I guess I won the bet. Lucky for big time that we're already 10 days in.

What's with all these aggies digging up ancient posts and calling out Sooner fans? They're lucky they're allowed to post here at all; similar behavior to theirs from Sooner fans would amount to immediate banning from most aggies sites.

What's with all these aggies digging up ancient posts and calling out Sooner fans? They're lucky they're allowed to post here at all; similar behavior to theirs from Sooner fans would amount to immediate banning from most aggies sites.

It sometimes feels like a Sooner fan can get banned from OSU sites just by waking up. Maybe an exaggeration, but I've heard some of the things we've been banned for and am like WTF?

Back