OU/Arkie

DanielOcean

Reaction score
As I sit in the BOK Center waiting for Fleetwood Mac to come onto stage, I got to thinking. How awesome would it be if we did a yearly game with the Hogs in Tulsa at the new BOK. Home team fans wear white to match the uniforms and road team fans wear red. Tulsa is right between Titletown and F'ville. Could be our answer to Indiana and Kentcuky or our basketball teams RRS.

Chew on that.

Sounds like a great idea. I hope someone will see this that knows the right channels that could possibly get something like this done.

How many OU fans will travel to Tulsa though? If an agency in Tulsa, whether it be the Williams Company or an Oil company can get something with OU, Arkansas, ORU and Tulsa. Only drawback Tulsa has kind of dried out as a recruiting area. I'm for OU doing something in Dallas and Houston.

How many OU fans will travel to Tulsa though? If an agency in Tulsa, whether it be the Williams Company or an Oil company can get something with OU, Arkansas, ORU and Tulsa. Only drawback Tulsa has kind of dried out as a recruiting area. I'm for OU doing something in Dallas and Houston.

This

Ummm...all of the OU fans in Tulsa would travel to Tulsa for the game.

The OU/Tulsa game had a crowd and it wasn't like it was mostly Tulsa fans at BOK.

OK. I didn't see that game. Fan support is always a concern. If it is supported by fan support, it's probably a good idea.

It sounds like a great idea, but it seems like OU and arky have trouble getting together to play. They seem like a natural rival that we would play in all sports, but it doesn't seem like there is much talk between the two athletic departments.

I know we played them this year and there was a baseball game this past week but it doesn't seem like the schools matchup very often.

It sounds like a great idea, but it seems like OU and arky have trouble getting together to play. They seem like a natural rival that we would play in all sports, but it doesn't seem like there is much talk between the two athletic departments.

I know we played them this year and there was a baseball game this past week but it doesn't seem like the schools matchup very often.

We played last year in bball and we play again next year as well. I think there is another game in F'ville the year after as well.

The Arkansas AD, Jeff Long, was formerly as associate AD under Castiglione at OU. I have a feeling we'll be playing the piggies in many sports for years to come.

Back