OU vs osu 8pm CST on ESPN2 **FREE**

I feel like we are one of those NBA teams that is in the purgatory between being good and being bad enough to get a lottery pick

Looks like Moser goal will to over 500% and get into the NIT.
OU men's basketball is in the sewer.

You're somewhat correct. This team's biggest issue on offense is pace. They play so methodically that if they have an off night or get behind, then they are screwed. They don't have the collective skill to compete in a league like this....and that is mostly attributable to Moser not understanding what is needed to win in this league (from a personnel standpoint). He will get one more year, but I've seen enough to know he likely isn't what we need.

Agreed, they could play faster but don't think they necessarily have the talent for that yet. When you're a less talented/athletic team, the goal should be to minimize variance. The methodical approach that Moser is taking with this group is fine imo. They could play faster, but who the 2nd best player on offense is changes from night to night. There isn't much consistency outside of Grant.

No doubt, Moser has made some mistakes in the portal. Hindsight is always 20/20, but I bet Moser wishes he didn't pursue the Groves' brothers. This off-season will be big for portal recruiting.

Groves jr is not a big 12 player. He should only be a 8th-9th player on this team. He needs his minutes cut. He nearly does nothing but negatives. Oweh is rawww but he at least had athleticism. If groves jr misses his first couple of shots, he should be pulled and oweh go the rest of his minutes

Hill is such a frustrating player. But hes still a keeper on this and better than any other options

Older groves is the most frustrating. He cant finish sometimes at all and throws the basketball at the rim like a caveman. He usually is in foul trouble on some of the dumbest giveaway fouls ive ever seen an ou player give up. And hes just too slow and unathletic to compete night in and out. His 3s have been brutal all year whixh really hurts. Sometimes he can finish.

Play the hell out of uzan, oweh, and schroder and let’s go down with some style.

Not if you want to be a top 30 team it isn't.

Lol, no offense but please do some research next time.

TCU has the 44th ranked offense.
Iowa St. is 64th.
Arkansas 62nd.
KState 34th.

I imagine J Groves will transfer after this season since big bro will be gone.

I feel like we are one of those NBA teams that is in the purgatory between being good and being bad enough to get a lottery pick

Sadly, NIL determine who gets the lotto pick nowadays. And our boosters/admin is entirely focused on the football team and getting them ready for the SEC.

Just for sobering kicks, I pulled OU’s record against conference teams since the final four run. We’ve certainly overachieved in Morgantown, but otherwise, this is straight up bad:

Baylor: 2-11
ISU: 6-8
Kansas: 3-11
KSU: 6-6 (still have to play em twice this year)
Osu: 5-10
TCU: 9-5
Texas: 4-9
Texas tech: 5-9
WVU: 9-5

It’s time to start Oweh in place of Jacob….IMO.

Ugly stats….osu 29-67 shooting OU 16-46…..offensive rebounds osu 14 and OU 6 with 13 second chance points to our 2.

Agreed, they could play faster but don't think they necessarily have the talent for that yet. When you're a less talented/athletic team, the goal should be to minimize variance. The methodical approach that Moser is taking with this group is fine imo. They could play faster, but who the 2nd best player on offense is changes from night to night. There isn't much consistency outside of Grant.

No doubt, Moser has made some mistakes in the portal. Hindsight is always 20/20, but I bet Moser wishes he didn't pursue the Groves' brothers. This off-season will be big for portal recruiting.

Again, I pretty much agree with you, I don't want to play up and down the floor all game. But I wish we would push the pace a little more often in transition. This team has such a damned hard time scoring in the halfcourt at times, that maybe we could at least draw a few more fouls or get FTs in transition. Getting an extra 6 to 8 points instead of slowing down and grinding it out in the halfcourt could have made the difference in so many games this year.

Lol, no offense but please do some research next time.

TCU has the 44th ranked offense.
Iowa St. is 64th.
Arkansas 62nd.
KState 34th.

And three of those four teams have top 13 defenses. So yeah, sure, you can have a little worse offense if your defense is elite. I mentioned that already. Go read it. But OU doesn't have an elite offense, so the goal should be to get both of those numbers inside the top 30 or so, and be a top 30 team that is well rounded. Because we sure as heck aren't going to put an elite offense or defense on the court anytime soon.

It’s time to start Oweh in place of Jacob….IMO.

Ugly stats….osu 29-67 shooting OU 16-46…..offensive rebounds osu 14 and OU 6 with 13 second chance points to our 2.

Gotta get better bigs. I like Godwin, but he's not your primary big. Gotta upgrade from JG.

Sadly, NIL determine who gets the lotto pick nowadays. And our boosters/admin is entirely focused on the football team and getting them ready for the SEC.

I just feel like this is an excuse. Not every team kicking our butts is paying big NIL money to their basketball players.

Groves jr is not a big 12 player. He should only be a 8th-9th player on this team. He needs his minutes cut. He nearly does nothing but negatives. Oweh is rawww but he at least had athleticism. If groves jr misses his first couple of shots, he should be pulled and oweh go the rest of his minutes

Hill is such a frustrating player. But hes still a keeper on this and better than any other options

Older groves is the most frustrating. He cant finish sometimes at all and throws the basketball at the rim like a caveman. He usually is in foul trouble on some of the dumbest giveaway fouls ive ever seen an ou player give up. And hes just too slow and unathletic to compete night in and out. His 3s have been brutal all year whixh really hurts. Sometimes he can finish.

his min have been cut

I just feel like this is an excuse. Not every team kicking our butts is paying big NIL money to their basketball players.
Yep and we pay players more than most. Fact is we don't have talent. That's on coaches for not recruiting well. Our most consistent freshman this year is arguably a walk on.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Our guards are physically just inferior to any team we play in the Big 12. Bigs break down eventually because they are just average at best. We can't score consistently from some of our best offensive talent. And because the defense is so poor we need those guys to be on more often.

Yep and we pay players more than most. Fact is we don't have talent. That's on coaches for not recruiting well. Our most consistent freshman this year is arguably a walk on.

Uzan is a walk on?! No way

Back