OU vs osu 8pm CST on ESPN2 **FREE**

We can keep sucking or we can fire moser and try again. He is NOT the man for the job at OU. His tenure has been total failure. We are as bad as a Jeff capel team.

Moser reminds me a bit of Bill Carmody who was at Princeton and took over at Northwestern years ago. Princeton was always a darling in the NCAA Tournament with their deliberate style.

Carmody brought that Princeton offense to the Big 10 and didn't win, not because the system was bad (it won in the Ivy league) but because he couldn't get good enough players to win in a tougher league.

Moser has recruited some guards with potential and has two solid wing players coming in next year. Athletic bigs are a problem right now for sure and that has to be addressed without a doubt.

Moser may not be the answer and no one is happy with the results right now but I think needs a little more time.

We can keep sucking or we can fire moser and try again. He is NOT the man for the job at OU. His tenure has been total failure. We are as bad as a Jeff capel team.

I never thought he was a great fit. Or honestly, even a very good coach. Long career and just a few seasons at the end that were worth a crap.

Joe C. needs to figure out what he wants this program to look like, and go hire a coach that produce under that image. Better be somebody that can coach defense and develop players.

Last edited:
I never thought he was a great fit. Or honestly, even a very good coach. Long career and just a few seasons at the end that were worth a crap.

Joe C. needs to figure out what he wants this program to look like, and go hire a coach that produce under that image. Better be somebody that can coach defense and develop players.

I don't think he's a great coach either. But, OU is stuck with him for atleast eighteen more months.

This offseason will be the most important of his career. He needs to keep Uzan, Oweh, Shroder, Northweather, Godwin, Hill, Cortes, and the incoming freshman. Process out Jacob, CJ, Bamisile (he may not transfer again but who knows), and Yaya (I wish he could stay healthy). Then he needs to get the most athletic players he can off the portal (easier said than done). That's the hole he's in right now. I will have hope if he can do that. If that doesn't happen then it's going to be another very long season followed by another coaching search. IMO

Moser has recruited some guards with potential and has two solid wing players coming in next year.

Can they shoot? Everyone he has brought in are not good shooters except for Grant.

Can they shoot? Everyone he has brought in are not good shooters except for Grant.

Yep. And I think our overall lack of athleticism is a bit overrated. We have a few guys that aren't great athletes, but I think Moser is coaching the athleticism out of some of them, especially on the offensive end. Hesitancy can make players look less athletic.

lol that is 40 out of 352 yeah that is acceptable all day every day

Down to 46 on offense and 51 on defense. THIS is the kind of team efficiency numbers in that range produces.

I want better for OU Sooner basketball. I don't give a sh*t about the other 351 teams.

Yep. And I think our overall lack of athleticism is a bit overrated. We have a few guys that aren't great athletes, but I think Moser is coaching the athleticism out of some of them, especially on the offensive end. Hesitancy can make players look less athletic.

I 10000% think this could be part of the issue.

Very good point. Hard to look athletic when you're constantly looking at the sideline and seeing your coach put his hands out to slow things down.

Disagree.... its not a good thing when I have seen more dunks and big plays out of Sam Godwin than anyone else. The team isn't very fast, don't make many electric plays, and are generally not as athletic as peer competition.

really disappointing to see Hill play his worst game since the season opener ..

i think Oweh should replace Jacob in the starting lineup .. he makes winning plays and could be a spark in the starting lineup

really disappointing to see Hill play his worst game since the season opener ..

i think Oweh should replace Jacob in the starting lineup .. he makes winning plays and could be a spark in the starting lineup

I think many would agree, fans are begging for a youth/talent/athleticism infusion. I sure have in previous posts. But I don't think Moser wants to hurt either of the Groves brothers' feelings.

I agree with Big.

Seems to me our most skilled players aren't our most athletic or ready to play. Not sure what Coach should do in this situation.

I thought we would be a better team this year. I was wrong. Oddly I think, our weakness is defensively. Grant is a better player than Goldwire on offense but not near the defender. Harkless was better on defense than Noland. Milos etc. We didn't play Jacob in the starting lineup last year and he tries hard but just can' t defend anything on the perimeter.

Milos and Oweh have bright futures in my opinion. But, we need better post play and some taller more athletic wings. I haven't seen them play, but maybe Cooper and Cole fit this description.

I agree with Big.

Seems to me our most skilled players aren't our most athletic or ready to play. Not sure what Coach should do in this situation.

I thought we would be a better team this year. I was wrong. Oddly I think, our weakness is defensively. Grant is a better player than Goldwire on offense but not near the defender. Harkless was better on defense than Noland. Milos etc. We didn't play Jacob in the starting lineup last year and he tries hard but just can' t defend anything on the perimeter.

Milos and Oweh have bright futures in my opinion. But, we need better post play and some taller more athletic wings. I haven't seen them play, but maybe Cooper and Cole fit this description.

Cooper and Cole are definitely taller/longer athletes than on the current team for sure. I'm not sure their skill level but they all had good offers.

Play for the future now and get all of the young players experience and figure out if any of them have a future on the team

Back