OU vs osu 8pm CST on ESPN2 **FREE**

You state one fact over and over and imply that makes us a quality offensive team. Our effective FG number doesn’t get us anywhere. It would be like if a hitter was the best in baseball at getting ahead 1-0 in the count, but hit below the Mendoza line with no power. We are bad at pretty much everything except else offensively, and our defense is trending in the wrong direction, along with our effort.

They're 37th in adjusted offensive efficiency on KenPom as of now, which is points per 100 possession adjusted for the level of opponent you play.

OU's rank by year:
2022 - 40th
2021 - 35th
2020 - 58th
2019 - 57th
2018 - 37th
2017 - 118th
2016 - 16th

The issue with this team isn't the offense. They generate good looks, usually shoot well on them (see Boulder's eFG posts). Since they don't have a lot of athleticism or talent at certain positions, they're a jump shooting team. Until they start getting better talent and fixing all of the mistakes from 2018-2021 in recruiting, it will take time.

Once again, we are struggling to get into the 60s in a conference game. Moser's offensive system simply doesn't translate very well in this league. Sure we've missed some open looks, but if you're going to run this motion/dribble handoff, you need a beast down low and at least two or three guys that can go get their own shot. It wouldn't hurt to have another sharpshooter as well.

Lol sure, he also had Manek and Harmon on that team. I guess Lon should have had ten years of players lined up so poor Porter could have a chance. Something tells me in a decade, there will still be people acting as if Moser had no chance because of this crazy belief that he took over a terrible program.

lol Tcu's best player is miles Ku's best player is Wilson they are in those years

They're 37th in adjusted offensive efficiency on KenPom as of now, which is points per 100 possession adjusted for the level of opponent you play.

OU's rank by year:
2022 - 40th
2021 - 35th
2020 - 58th
2019 - 57th
2018 - 37th
2017 - 118th
2016 - 16th

The issue with this team isn't the offense. They generate good looks, usually shoot well on them (see Boulder's eFG posts). Since they don't have a lot of athleticism or talent at certain positions, they're a jump shooting team. Until they start getting better talent and fixing all of the mistakes from 2018-2021 in recruiting, it will take time.

thank you

and we are getting better talent and more athletic talent

Shot 20 more FT's and still got our butts kicked. Some of ya'll are going to have to find a different excuse for this one.

bad loss no other way to look at it

it is now a must win at WVU on Sat

OU's rank by year:
2022 - 40th
2021 - 35th
2020 - 58th
2019 - 57th
2018 - 37th
2017 - 118th
2016 - 16th

You're somewhat correct. This team's biggest issue on offense is pace. They play so methodically that if they have an off night or get behind, then they are screwed. They don't have the collective skill to compete in a league like this....and that is mostly attributable to Moser not understanding what is needed to win in this league (from a personnel standpoint). He will get one more year, but I've seen enough to know he likely isn't what we need.

OU's rank by year:
2022 - 40th
2021 - 35th
2020 - 58th
2019 - 57th
2018 - 37th
2017 - 118th
2016 - 16th

That is acceptable to you?

Not to me.

Defense has been the bigger problem this year, but we aren't going to achieve what most of want OU basketball to achieve with an offense hovering around 40th, unless we have a top 5 defense to go with it. And guess what? We don't have a top 5 defense to go with it.

You're somewhat correct. This team's biggest issue on offense is pace. They play so methodically that if they have an off night or get behind, then they are screwed. They don't have the collective skill to compete in a league like this....and that is mostly attributable to Moser not understanding what is needed to win in this league (from a personnel standpoint). He will get one more year, but I've seen enough to know he likely isn't what we need.

We are in the capel zone. Porter has to pull one out of his ass next year or hes gonna get fired. Abysmal.

We are in the capel zone. Porter has to pull one out of his ass next year or hes gonna get fired. Abysmal.

Yep, I never thought we would reach Capel level this quickly. And as much as I dislike Capel, he actually did have an impossible task his first year since we graduated so many guys Kelvin’s last season, and lost that great recruiting class, and didn’t have the portal. Joe C pulled the trigger after two straight awful seasons after Blake left … I can’t imagine Porter getting a fourth year unless next season is much better and ends with a tournament bid.

That is acceptable to you?

Not to me.

Defense has been the bigger problem this year, but we aren't going to achieve what most of want OU basketball to achieve with an offense hovering around 40th, unless we have a top 5 defense to go with it. And guess what? We don't have a top 5 defense to go with it.

lol that is 40 out of 352 yeah that is acceptable all day every day

Hill/Groves/Groves 3-14, 12 points. Sad

Groves jr is not a big 12 player. He should only be a 8th-9th player on this team. He needs his minutes cut. He nearly does nothing but negatives. Oweh is rawww but he at least had athleticism. If groves jr misses his first couple of shots, he should be pulled and oweh go the rest of his minutes

Hill is such a frustrating player. But hes still a keeper on this and better than any other options

Older groves is the most frustrating. He cant finish sometimes at all and throws the basketball at the rim like a caveman. He usually is in foul trouble on some of the dumbest giveaway fouls ive ever seen an ou player give up. And hes just too slow and unathletic to compete night in and out. His 3s have been brutal all year whixh really hurts. Sometimes he can finish.

Back