OU vs Seton Hall 7pm CST ESPN2

That’s what I figured. I really thought Keita would be our 3rd big, and I thought Schroeder would be stealing minutes by now.

I think missing time in the summer with injuries makes it really difficult for newcomers to crack the rotation. They both probably would have gotten some minutes by now if we had blown teams out in those first four games, but we only spanked one team badly enough to get them in at the end.

Tough game with both teams having good defense. Good to see Sherfield show up. He did better when he started looking for his shot more.

Good guard play support by Bijan and Usan. Don't understand the minutes Noland gets. He seems to have digressed from his first season.

Finished with ball handlers in the game. I would have made that change sooner.

Great back up when we really needed it from Godwin. Someone commented that he was a poor defender. I believe he is the best inside defender we have. We only gave up 26 points in the paint. We usually give up over 30. Still would like to see he and Tanner in the game some. Would possibly put us in foul jeapordy.

Usan and Cortes are really sound ball handlers. Good to see Bijan start looking to score more.

Second game where Joe Bam did not contribute. What is going on with him. He looked so good in earlier games.

We should be undefeated but I have yet to see anything to indicate that we are better than the bottom half of the Big 12. Hope I have to eat those words. If we finish in the top half it will be a good sign that Moser is developing into a Big 5 Conference coach.

Another great team win! A bunch of positives, as everyone has mentioned.
I thought the communication between players last night was the best we've seen so far. Also loved the composure to withstand runs, and keep playing smart, one possession at a time basketball on both ends of the floor. I only remember Moser using a timeout to stop momentum once. Finally, I thought our ball movement on offense was the best it's been, even though it was against an aggressive defense.

I'm still hoping to see Noland show up a little more often, especially on offense, and curious if Bam can get going. I'd also like to see Tanner get away from those silly frustration fouls by keeping his poise a little better at times. Thank goodness Godwin has been such a pleasant surprise! I don't think we win that game without him...and he's fun to watch!

I've enjoyed watching him all along, but waiting to get too excited until the level of competition improved. There may be some conference games where he's overmatched, but seeing him against Seton Hall confirmed he's a quality player.

Everyone is overwhelmed with Texas 5 stars at times.

Maybe I've missed it, but what's the deal with Joe B? He was supposed to be an impact player for us this year.

Especially on defense.

He's just playing too fast. What's the old saying? Play quick but don't hurry? He seems to be in a hurry every time he hits the floor. Shot selection is not good, and defensively he gets lost. He and Oweh are about at the same level. One of them needs to step up for us.

I like how he came off the bench yesterday and got 3 good rebounds and didn't force his shot. Just be a team player and help any way you can. With his athleticism, i'd be going for every board and going for steals. That would ensure Moser would play him more and then let the offense come to him.

I wish Oweh could get more involved. He seems like he's losing confidence. Seems like he has such incredible tools. I hope those two start contributing more and don't lose morale. Still a long season to go.

You would think a guy with 2 years experience who started 29 games last season would be a little more "ready". Moser's system can't be that complicated can it?

You would think a guy with 2 years experience who started 29 games last season would be a little more "ready". Moser's system can't be that complicated can it?

From the few comments I’ve heard Moser make about him, it sounds like Moser isn’t a fan of his defense and that’s what is keeping him off the floor. I think he played relatively well last night. Got two or three boards in limited action and didn’t try to do too much when he was on the floor. We need him to step up … we aren’t talented enough to have one of our better athletes on the bench all season.

Back