OU vs TCU 8pm CST on ESPN2

Why does Tanner keep jacking 3 from top of the key. Once he misses, there is no one to rebound. He need to get his basket inside.

Why does Tanner keep jacking 3 from top of the key. Once he misses, there is no one to rebound. He need to get his basket inside.

He can’t score inside either against Big 12 centers

It’s like this team can only focus on one thing at a time. When we rebound well, we turn it over 20-30 times and shoot terribly. When we take care of the ball, we get demolished in all other areas.

I didn’t have high hopes for this team but we’re gonna finish in last freaking place.

We need to replace 75% of this crappy roster.

If he was under the basket their is still no one there to rebound.

If he was under the basket their is still no one there to rebound.

And the other problem is the whole preseason and non conference has been based around running the offense through Tanner Groves. Now that it’s become obvious that he can’t get in done in the big 12, it’s a free for all with whoever has the ball trying to get theirs. Generally that has been Harkless and Goldwire.

To put my last statement in perspective, what if Kruger ran the offense through Brady Manek who is 20 times the player Groves is.

Think you are a little unkind to Tanner. He has had some good games for us but not tonight.

We just got our buts kicked in almost every way. Rebounding, loose balls, even good bounces on 50/50 plays. Suprised we didn't get beat by 20 the way we played.

Want to see more of Noland. He is trying to score without forcing it. We have too many guys not looking to score leading to too many forced shots.

He’s very skilled and a good offensive player. Athletically he’s not this level as a starter, more specifically as the go to guy. Maybe a 10 to 15 minute off the bench guy he can do.

That’s a lot to ask of Noland…. Not truth is he should get Jacob Groves minutes. We play Jacob and Tanner at the same time. That means one guy is getting beat on the perimeter with no threat of the other guy protecting the rim.

Last edited:
Play for the future now. We're prolly 98% out now barring some miracle turn around

Had a lot of forgivable losses piling up, but we just ventured into unforgivable. Tough pill to swallow being swept by TCU.

Terrible loss.

I was right, at least, on two of my three predictions. Goldwire and Harkless did play pretty well (led the team in scoring with 13 each). I was, of course, way off on predicting that our Sooners would win handily. :facepalm

Just really frustrating. We all know this team is limited, but we're better than this. Just not playing well, mostly offensively, but it's starting to carry over to our defense.

The thing that bugs me the most is that I don't currently see next year's roster as being much better. Still think we need to be looking at a transfer or two this offseason.

First time of watching the Sooners since the Arkansas game..Looks like two different teams.

First time of watching the Sooners since the Arkansas game..Looks like two different teams.

This team loss the chance to go to the tournament tonight, they needed the next three games to even have a chance. As for Tanner, he just can't play with the bigs in the Big 12.

This team loss the chance to go to the tournament tonight, they needed the next three games to even have a chance. As for Tanner, he just can't play with the bigs in the Big 12.

Our backs are against the wall now. We will have to win another game we are not favored to win a la @wvu. Gotta hold serve at home and win at osu and ksu.

My Take on the Game:

First, TCU is a pretty good team this year. Best TCU team I have seen in years.

Second, 42-20 on the glass.

Third, defense could have been better in spots, but sometimes they just hit hard and guarded shots. This tends to happen when you aren't under pressure. They had the lead the entire game and just play loose.

Fourth, we missed way to many open 3s.

That is about it.

Back