||||||||||| OU vs. Texas Tech Gameday Thread ||||||||||

Teams are packing it in the paint and daring us to beat them from deep. McGusty is the only one who can right now. It cuts out Odomes driving.....

honestly I see it philosophy, which leads to poor shooting...forced shots, nothing open..

Agree...once again we are shooting 32% from the field and 25% from three. This team plays nowhere near good enough defense to continually shoot like that and still have more than a puncher's chance of winning....even against so/so teams like Tech.

On a positive note .... McGusty in double figures for the 10th straight game. Sets a record for an OU freshman. Congrats.

Lattin showing James how it's done. 12 three pointers taken and McGusty is the only one to make any.

Teams are packing it in the paint and daring us to beat them from deep. McGusty is the only one who can right now. It cuts out Odomes driving.....

We're shooting a decent 36% from 3 for the season

But we take the least amount of 3s in the conference

yes, due to our philosophy of the 3 man weave up top, then the post comes and sets a pick, so we either force a 3, or try to drive with 3 def in the paint...again, I always understood the further out you have to shoot the % goes down...:facepalm

Good news .
McGusty is quickly becoming one of the best freshman in the COUNTRY.

bad news .
He might have to average 40 next year for us to make the big dance

I really don't get why we don't set a double screen, overload one side...so many options with Doolittle and McGusty..

Last edited:
Good news .
McGusty is quickly becoming one of the best freshman in the COUNTRY.

bad news .
He might have to average 40 next year for us to make the big dance

lol...yup.

IF we don't get a better PG we're going to struggle again.

I'd like to see LK be more creative subbing out Woodard, similar to how Capel used to sub for Blake.

Take him out at 13:00 left in the half and use the TV timeout for extra rest, then get him in with like 11:00 left. You can squeeze a lot of rest in a couple minutes of game time.

Even if he doesn't shoot well, OU can't win without him in there.

Back