OU vs UF Jumpman Inv. 830 CST on ESPN2

Glad we won. It was a grind. Missed FTs in the last 2:00 really grind my gears but we won.

Florida isn’t very good. Our continued struggle to score more than 60 points a game is going to get us killed in the Big12. We are skating on thin ice as far as our tourney hopes this season.

Sherfield is just terrific. I fully expected him to be our best player the second he announced he was coming, but he’s been even better than I anticipated. Also seems like a really good teammate and person. He is absolutely indispensable to our team.

That was a rough and ragged game on both sides, but sometimes you just have to tough it out. Proud of the guys for closing out the win.

Fantastic win by the Sooners!!! The LNC needs to be packed on the 31st against Texas.

Really really ugly win, but a win no doubt.

I really like our freshman… I still think 9-9 in b12 will be the ceiling. Not sure we’ll break 20 wins.. it’ll be close.

D was pretty good tonight although Florida offense not great. If we are going to win some close conference games that we lost last year, D has to be like that but O has to be better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We need just a little more scoring from the other guys across the board. Nothing they aren’t capable of but they have to execute better. Uzan with a solid line but would like just a little more scoring from him. Not expecting him to go off but just a little more to ease the burden on sherfield, groves. Easier said than done.

If uzan, Jacob, hill, Oweh, and Cortes all made just one more basket, that’s 10 points and a commanding lead that turns into a blowout. We just need a little more from those guys and we will be much more capable of competing in the Big12.

We need just a little more scoring from the other guys across the board. Nothing they aren’t capable of but they have to execute better. Uzan with a solid line but would like just a little more scoring from him. Not expecting him to go off but just a little more to ease the burden on sherfield, groves. Easier said than done.

If uzan, Jacob, hill, Oweh, and Cortes all made just one more basket, that’s 10 points and a commanding lead that turns into a blowout. We just need a little more from those guys and we will be much more capable of competing in the Big12.

yep and i like your point that it just needs to be a little bit from all of them

I just got back from the game, so thought I would type up a quick post before going to bed. I thought both teams played very good defense throughout, especially the good guys. I loved the defensive intensity from the OU side from start to finish. Florida just didn't get that many open looks. Their center, Castleton should not have any need to complain about the officials. They let him drive his shoulder into Tanner Groves over and over again. I'm surprised Florida wasn't trying to get him the ball on every position.

Offensively, I loved how we worked the ball around on almost every possession to try to get a good shot. As we all know, this is a limited team offensively, but they really are well-coached. The one thing that kept raising my blood pressure? Jalen Hill not understanding the concept of physics. I don't know how it looked on TV, but live, it was excruciating to watch him think he was Tim Duncan down low. Everyone in the arena could see that his shots were going to get blocked. The Florida fans nearby were chuckling as I was getting visibly frustrated with Hill. He did a great job, though, rebounding the ball. All in all, though, it was a must win, and it felt good to leave the arena with that W.

Their center, Castleton should not have any need to complain about the officials. They let him drive his shoulder into Tanner Groves over and over again.

Couldn't agree more. He initiates the contact on offense and defense and gets away with it. And he whines to the refs despite them letting his fouls go unwhistled.

I just got back from the game, so thought I would type up a quick post before going to bed. I thought both teams played very good defense throughout, especially the good guys. I loved the defensive intensity from the OU side from start to finish. Florida just didn't get that many open looks. Their center, Castleton should not have any need to complain about the officials. They let him drive his shoulder into Tanner Groves over and over again. I'm surprised Florida wasn't trying to get him the ball on every position.

Offensively, I loved how we worked the ball around on almost every possession to try to get a good shot. As we all know, this is a limited team offensively, but they really are well-coached. The one thing that kept raising my blood pressure? Jalen Hill not understanding the concept of physics. I don't know how it looked on TV, but live, it was excruciating to watch him think he was Tim Duncan down low. Everyone in the arena could see that his shots were going to get blocked. The Florida fans nearby were chuckling as I was getting visibly frustrated with Hill. He did a great job, though, rebounding the ball. All in all, though, it was a must win, and it felt good to leave the arena with that W.

thanks for the recap cool that you got to see the win in person

Glad we won. It was a grind. Missed FTs in the last 2:00 really grind my gears but we won.

Florida isn’t very good. Our continued struggle to score more than 60 points a game is going to get us killed in the Big12. We are skating on thin ice as far as our tourney hopes this season.

bedwetter

The one thing that kept raising my blood pressure? Jalen Hill not understanding the concept of physics. I don't know how it looked on TV, but live, it was excruciating to watch him think he was Tim Duncan down low. Everyone in the arena could see that his shots were going to get blocked. The Florida fans nearby were chuckling as I was getting visibly frustrated with Hill. He did a great job, though, rebounding the ball.

It was a win and much needed even though I think Florida is a mirror image of us in many ways. I couldn't agree with you more about Hill. I love having him on our team and 12 rebounds is fantastic but why do we try to post him up? You really can't blame him because it is obviously a called strategy from time to time and the amazing thing is both Moser and Kruger have thought this was a good thing. I just don't get it.

Completely agree on Hill. I really like him, and he does so many good things, but finishing around the rim is not his strength.

Moser's offense is good at creating looks near the basket, I'd love to see what we could do with someone like the Castleton (sp?) guy to finish more consistently.

Speaking of Castleton, the refs were kind to him. Between ignoring travels and calling fouls on other Gators (or nobody) that should have been on him, I thought he had little to complain about. Good player though, we're lucky he didn't touch the ball even more than he did.

I was hopeful to see more from CJ. He had that corner 3 the last game, and the team really rallied around him. I was hoping that was the start of something. I didn't expect him to start filling up the stat sheet, but maybe give us some good minutes here and there.

I thought Oweh brought good energy in his few minutes and Uzan was really good.

We've got a nice backcourt rotation going with Uzan, Cortes, and Sherfield. They're making us much harder to press and trap effectively, but we, currently, have no usable depth if injuries/fouls/suspensions become a problem down the stretch.

Just my 2 cents...

Back