OU vs UF Jumpman Inv. 830 CST on ESPN2

I just got back from the game, so thought I would type up a quick post before going to bed. I thought both teams played very good defense throughout, especially the good guys. I loved the defensive intensity from the OU side from start to finish. Florida just didn't get that many open looks. Their center, Castleton should not have any need to complain about the officials. They let him drive his shoulder into Tanner Groves over and over again. I'm surprised Florida wasn't trying to get him the ball on every position.

Offensively, I loved how we worked the ball around on almost every possession to try to get a good shot. As we all know, this is a limited team offensively, but they really are well-coached. The one thing that kept raising my blood pressure? Jalen Hill not understanding the concept of physics. I don't know how it looked on TV, but live, it was excruciating to watch him think he was Tim Duncan down low. Everyone in the arena could see that his shots were going to get blocked. The Florida fans nearby were chuckling as I was getting visibly frustrated with Hill. He did a great job, though, rebounding the ball. All in all, though, it was a must win, and it felt good to leave the arena with that W.

How refreshing it is to see something positive posted here. Almost everything on this board is negative – and that's in games we win.

This team is not now and never will be an offensive juggernaut. But the Sooners play to their strength on offense, and defensively the team is one of OU's best since the Sampson era. Moser knows how to get the most out of the talent that's available to him.

Enjoy the wins, guys. These Sooners are better than most of you give them credit for.

Recorded the game and got to watch most of it early this morning. It was a pretty ugly game, but it was a win. Sherfield is a closer.....gawd he reminds me of Chris Paul more and more each time that I see him. Tanner was ok, but frustrating at times as usual. Uzan played fairly well, Jacob was off and Hill was hit/miss although we can always count on him to play defense and rebound.

This was a game they could NOT afford to lose and they got past it.....whew. Now there is another week+ to work out a few more kinks. Texas without Beard is a winnable game, but it will be extremely tough.

One little tidbit I forgot to mention. My buddy and I were having a bite at a bar before the game and we met a couple of NC fans. Since we had our OU attire on, they came over to us and said that they were attending the OU-Florida game to cheer on the Sooners as appreciation for "sending us Brady Manek" :). Anyway, we met a few other NC fans at the game also thanking us for Brady Manek. I would jokingly say "you're welcome" as if I had something to do with him transferring there. Another asked me if there were hard feelings from the OU fans. I said the overwhelming majority of OU fans, including me, were genuinely happy for him. The guy played 4 years at OU and gave it his all.

One little tidbit I forgot to mention. My buddy and I were having a bite at a bar before the game and we met a couple of NC fans. Since we had our OU attire on, they came over to us and said that they were attending the OU-Florida game to cheer on the Sooners as appreciation for "sending us Brady Manek" :). Anyway, we met a few other NC fans at the game also thanking us for Brady Manek. I would jokingly say "you're welcome" as if I had something to do with him transferring there. Another asked me if there were hard feelings from the OU fans. I said the overwhelming majority of OU fans, including me, were genuinely happy for him. The guy played 4 years at OU and gave it his all.

cool i would be on your side as well .... he is an OU grad and a forever Sooner

Good for you, WF! I feel the same way about Brady. He’s not just a Sooner, this state is his home!

:chestram2:

Back