Overseas games on TV

Hope that's the case. I remember the one with Buddy, OU coasted the first two or three games then got their asses handed to them by a bunch of grown men the last game. I distinctly remember Kruger saying he loved it. Was good lesson in physicality..

Those games were also broadcast on soonersports.com

Last edited:
Is the game today being broadcast and if so, where? Thanks

None of the games are being broadcast or streamed in any way, shape or form.

Latest Twitter update on today's game: OU up, 17-7.

Sooners up, 51-27, with two minutes to go in the first first half.

OU up, 73-43, with three minutes to go in the third quarter.

81-49 entering the fourth quarter.

In each article on Soonersports the first two games every player mentioned has been a newcomer. Bodes really well for this season I think. Sure wish we could have some boxes to analyze.

In each article on Soonersports the first two games every player mentioned has been a newcomer. Bodes really well for this season I think. Sure wish we could have some boxes to analyze.

I think some of that is by design. Older guys know their roles and what is expected. Younger guys and newcomers are fighting for minutes and showing what they can do.

Moser did mention that he’s going to have a minutes problem because there are so many guys that can play. Solid 11 deep.

I expect Noland starts and Uzan plays 6th man to spell Noland and Sherfield. Cortes probably odd man out there. Godwin and Northweather are going to be really interesting. Wonder if either can crack the lineup this year.

When Jon Rothstein made the starting lineup prediction of Sherfield--Bam--Oweh--Hill--Groves, I thought it was crazy. But watching Oweh briefly and looking at his size and athleticism he seems to be a shoo--in to start or play major minutes. It looks like Los Uzan has been extremely impressive also and i'll bet he is the 6th man beating out both Noland and Cortes. I'll bet Noland gets good minutes, but watching Sherfield, Bam, and Oweh so far they look miles better than Noland, Cortes, and JGroves not only in talent but in length and athleticism.

PG--Sherfield
2--Bamisile
3--Oweh
4--Hill
5--TGroves

6th man--Uzan
Second guard--Noland
First big--Northweather
Spell Hill--JGroves

Think they have a minute problem now, wait till Schroeder gets back if he's as good as advertised. Only way I see Noland or JGroves starting is out of some kind of returner loyalty. See this is why we need the box scores HA.. Heck at this point i'd just be interested to know who started both games.

This thread will be one worth revisiting in December or January when the competition ramps up and everyone is complaining that we have no depth and our bench sucks every time they have a rough game. Probably the most consistent annual trend on the board is people loving our depth in the summer and fall, then doing a 180 during the season.

I have no idea how many guys will be good enough to consistently contribute in conference play, but I am almost certain this will be the most athletic roster we have had in several years. The difference between the new guys in the backcourt and the guys who left is significant.

There's always more depth before real competition starts. You get the rotation down by at least halfway through the non-conference schedule. I do think we'll be a bit deeper at guard than we were last year. But you only can have so many guys rotate and play a role throughout the season.

Probably the most consistent annual trend on the board is people loving our depth in the summer and fall, then doing a 180 during the season.

Yeah, we do get that a lot :). Every year is going to threaten 1990 as the deepest team ever, and every year, we don't come close. Terrance Mullins was the 6th man as a freshman on OU's best team EVER, in 1988. Two years later, as a junior, he was often the 11th man. Now, THAT was depth. We'll likely never have a team deeper than that, but it's fun to think about before the season starts.

[TWEET]https://twitter.com/OU_MBBall/status/1556031652295544832?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1556031652295544832%7Ctwgr%5E40eda782ba781105fea1a65cc3176d211080ad50%7Ctwcon%5Es1_c10&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fsoonersports.com%2Fnews%2F2022%2F8%2F6%2Fmens-basketball-sooners-top-maresme-select.aspx[/TWEET]

Back