Overseas games on TV

Joe C. and Co. really dropped the ball on this trip. Very disappointing. If they were going to send the people necessary to shoot and share the highlight videos and photo galleries, they could have streamed the games.

Joe C. and Co. really dropped the ball on this trip. Very disappointing. If they were going to send the people necessary to shoot and share the highlight videos and photo galleries, they could have streamed the games.

They could have easily streamed ... or recorded and replayed. They have the tape.

My guess is this was a strategic decision because Moser doesn't know what he has yet. Only 5 guys returning, lots of young ones. Probably a ton of ROUGH edges. Just giving the team a chance to gel without a lot of nitpicking and evaluation.

They could have easily streamed ... or recorded and replayed. They have the tape.

My guess is this was a strategic decision because Moser doesn't know what he has yet. Only 5 guys returning, lots of young ones. Probably a ton of ROUGH edges. Just giving the team a chance to gel without a lot of nitpicking and evaluation.

If that's the case, it is very disappointing. Every team has rough edges on these tours. Teams usually schedule these trips for seasons when they know they will have lots of newcomers, and use the extra practices as a chance to get a jump start on building chemistry. We wouldn't be any worse off than most the other teams playing abroad right now, and yet those programs are streaming games and/or providing box scores. Plus, if he worried about how the team will look, that seems misguided since only the diehards would watch.

I have no clue if Moser actually didn't want the games streamed, or if there is some other reason. Either way. it was not a good decision by whoever made it.

I was wondering the same thing when Coachtalk or someone said they gave a BS excuse about wireless. I wondered if it was Moser. I don't get what they think they are hiding. Do they really believe the best opponents on the schedule won't have SCADs of tape on us by the time we play?

Smack in the middle of a sports-less summer, streaming the games and giving box scores might have gone further than going to frat houses, yelling, flexing your arms and such trying to get people to come to games that way. OU has a ton of new athletic exciting guys. Why not show them off?

Last edited:
Why not show them off?

I doubt OU really sees the benefit.

Which is what, a few die-hard fans don't cry about the games not being streamed for a few days? Not much of an incentive for OU, IMO.

Which is what, a few die-hard fans don't cry about the games not being streamed for a few days? Not much of an incentive for OU, IMO.

Providing your most loyal fans a chance to watch the team isn't an incentive? Interesting perspective.

You don't grow a following for a team -- any team -- by playing games for which only highlights are available. The men's hoop squad could have had all the attention of Sooner fans. Of course, people are also focused on football, especially given the Gundy mess, but there are currently no OU games to watch. None. The basketball team could have had the stage all to itself.

Just imagine how you'd feel if the Houston Cougars were to play some games abroad and they were not streamed.

Just imagine how you'd feel if the Houston Cougars were to play some games abroad and they were not streamed.

He would still see it because he would have his 24/7 Sampson live feed up. :)

I think OU has more basketball fans than you think. And would have even more if they didn't pull **** like this.

The Twitter page has more than 582K followers. Imagine if they were streaming the game on that platform.

They finally deigned to give a score update on today's game, btw.: OU up, 19-11, after one quarter.

Sooners lead at the half, 38-25. It would appear we're facing stiffer competition today.

Not that i'm a huge transitive guy but Clemson beat them twice, once by 40 and the next day by 42.

Lame. For somebody that thinks of themselves as an intellectual, sometimes you post some really dumb stuff.

I think OU has more basketball fans than you think. And would have even more if they didn't pull **** like this.

I just don't think it makes a difference.

I'm a pretty big OU basketball fan. I don't have much interest in watching us play a mid-day game, against HS-level competition, on what was likely to be a terrible feed/stream.

Would I have? I probably would have tried to watch some of it, sure. But those that have jobs that don't let them be glued to their phone/computer during the day? Those that are more casual fans? And again, what's the loss for OU? OU isn't LOSING fans by not streaming these games. All of ya'll that are mad, you are still going to watch the games next year. Go to the same number of games you'd have gone to before. And all of that jazz.

So I'll say it again, there really isn't much incentive for OU to find a way to broadcast these games.

Lame. For somebody that thinks of themselves as an intellectual, sometimes you post some really dumb stuff.

I think of myself as an intellectual?? That's news to me.

I must have missed the post where skyvue mentioned that he thinks of himself as an intellectual. But if it's true, that makes two of us on this board. ;)

I just don't think it makes a difference.

I'm a pretty big OU basketball fan. I don't have much interest in watching us play a mid-day game, against HS-level competition, on what was likely to be a terrible feed/stream.

Would I have? I probably would have tried to watch some of it, sure. But those that have jobs that don't let them be glued to their phone/computer during the day? Those that are more casual fans? And again, what's the loss for OU? OU isn't LOSING fans by not streaming these games. All of ya'll that are mad, you are still going to watch the games next year. Go to the same number of games you'd have gone to before. And all of that jazz.

So I'll say it again, there really isn't much incentive for OU to find a way to broadcast these games.

Incentive for the University!!!?? The very idea that OU admins would need more of an incentive to do everything they can to showcase our players and coaches pisses me off! The realization that you may be right intensifies my anger!

This is all too typical of basketball being shoved to the side to make more room for football! Why are some of you pretending to be surprised? There is nothing new to see here, folks! Basketball fans have been victims of disappointments like this for as long as I can remember. And, you wonder why OU is thought to be a football only school?

Don’t get me wrong, I love OU football! I can’t wait for the season to start! But I’m not going to pretend that I was shocked when basketball got shoved to the side, again! I’m accustomed to it, and you should be too by now!

Back