Pledger Vid

BigTime

The Red Wig
Reaction score
Sorry if Germans....

Source Link

One thing that you really have to like about this guy (really all or our guys minus Kyle) is that he already has a Big 12 ready body. That was something that really hurt Ray last year....

Sorry if Germans....

Source Link

One thing that you really have to like about this guy (really all or our guys minus Kyle) is that he already has a Big 12 ready body. That was something that really hurt Ray last year....

Every year I go to the Boo Williams Nike Invt. In Hampton...This yr I went and saw Pledger sporting and "Ou" T-shirt walking around with Kendle Marshall and James Macado....I was like wow...If Jmac is 6'8", then Pledger is 6'6" easy and he looks slimmer in person....I saw were someone compared him to Brandon Roy...well his body looks just like that...He looks slimmer and stronger at the same time, and had bricks for calves...I said " Jmac would look good in crimson and cream" and he said i'm working on it...seems to be a nice kid...I'm reading all the stuff you guy's are writing and Pledger or bird as Kendle was calling him is ready he was with his dad (I think), they went on a empty court and he shot around for about and 1.5 hours...I'm not pulling anyones leg he his first 14 3point shots from the top of the key while talking to Kendle...then he and his dad broke into this shooting drill and the few people that was around the court started laughing...the kid hit 29 shots in a row, from 3 different spots! I think he shot close to 200 shots and missed about 8 - 12....He can flat out shoot folks

Last edited:
Every year I go to the Boo Williams Nike Invt. In Hampton...This yr I went and saw Pledger sporting and "Ou" T-shirt walking around with Kendle Marshall and James Macado....I was like wow...If Jmac is 6'8", then Pledger is 6'6" easy and he looks slimmer in person....I saw were someone compared him to Brandon Roy...well his body looks just like that...He looks slimmer and stronger at the same time, and had bricks for calves...I said " Jmac would look good in crimson and cream" and he said i'm working on it...seems to be a nice kid...I'm reading all the stuff you guy's are writing and Pledger or bird as Kendle was calling him is ready he was with his dad (I think), they went on a empty court and he shot around for about and 1.5 hours...I'm not pulling anyones leg he his first 14 3point shots from the top of the key while talking to Kendle...then he and his dad broke into this shooting drill and the few people that was around the court started laughing...the kid hit 29 shots in a row, from 3 different spots! I think he shot close to 200 shots and missed about 8 - 12....He can flat out shoot folks

That's the kind of info I like to hear....thanks for posting!

Awesome! Thanks for the update.

Sharp1, I firmly believe that Steven's ability to knock down a high percentage of shots from the perimeter, combined with his D-1 ready body and skill set will make it virtually impossible to keep him off the floor next season. I'm not saying he will start from the get-go. But I think he has an excellent chance to get starter-like minutes by conference time if he can defend at a high level. That is the one area I am not sure of at this point.

I know one thing, I am extremely impressed that a kid who is already one of the best three point shooters in the 2009 class continues to work on his game by taking several hundred shots from three every day. I can't wait to see him in a Sooner uniform!

Sharp1, I firmly believe that Steven's ability to knock down a high percentage of shots from the perimeter, combined with his D-1 ready body and skill set will make it virtually impossible to keep him off the floor next season. I'm not saying he will start from the get-go. But I think he has an excellent chance to get starter-like minutes by conference time if he can defend at a high level. That is the one area I am not sure of at this point.

I know one thing, I am extremely impressed that a kid who is already one of the best three point shooters in the 2009 class continues to work on his game by taking several hundred shots from three every day. I can't wait to see him in a Sooner uniform!

That's the big key to me as well. He is the son of a military dad (who is also a coach). I am not worried about his work ethic. Defense will be the key.

Sharp,

Have you heard when Steven is supposed to get into to town?

Long, lean, athletic, disciplined and can really shoot the ball. Sounds good.

So, if we hadn't gotten in early on him and he was still available for being signed in the spring period, how many schools do you guys think would be hawking the kid. I bet a lot.

So, if we hadn't gotten in early on him and he was still available for being signed in the spring period, how many schools do you guys think would be hawking the kid. I bet a lot.

From what I hear around this area, he would have went to Wake Forrest....with Georgetown and marylad coming on strong.

He probably would have been one of the hottest prospects in the spring signing period if he would have made it that far. NC State, Georgetown, Miami, Virginia, Maryland, Va Tech, and the other East coast schools would have been after him. Georgetown ended up signing a project play in Vee Sanford out of Kentucky to shore up their wing situation. His play style would fit in perfectly at a school like Gonzaga.

I think this kid will be chasing Cade, Tony, or Ray for PT by the end of the season. If he comes in and is able to adjust to the speed of the college game, defensive intensity, and is able to knock down shots, he'll have a very productive freshman year. His basketball IQ may enable him to play some backup PG.

Back