Pokes appeal denied

They were very naughty.

Thanks for taking time off your high horse to deal with the unwashed masses. We should be thankful that the enlightened ones such as you and Sooner04 grace us. And for the record, I have no problem with Eddie or anyone else posting here. I just think it’s pretty self-important for anyone to label people you disagree with as mouth breathers or OUanon.

As for your points, a banner won’t mean squat to the players if they can’t play in the tournament. And as of now, they are also banned from the conference tournament.

OUanon members have more sway these days. Where they go one, they go all.

Here is what should happen related to this OSU situation, because the truth of the matter is it hurts the entire league.

1.) All Big 12 coaches, including the new members of the conference that have not officially joined, should protest and condemn the NCAA decision.

2.) If OSU would have clearly qualified for a bid into the NCAA Tournament, either At-Large or by winning the league, they should still hang a banner in GIA. That will still honor the kids for a successful season.

3.) OSU's mindset should be to treat the Big 12 Tournament as their NCAA Tournament, and go 100% all in to winning it to get another banner and make some noise. Keeping a conference champion out of the NCAA Tournament, under protest of all league coaches, sends a message.

I guess

They were very naughty.

OUanon members have more sway these days. Where they go one, they go all.

Here is what should happen related to this OSU situation, because the truth of the matter is it hurts the entire league.

1.) All Big 12 coaches, including the new members of the conference that have not officially joined, should protest and condemn the NCAA decision.

2.) If OSU would have clearly qualified for a bid into the NCAA Tournament, either At-Large or by winning the league, they should still hang a banner in GIA. That will still honor the kids for a successful season.

3.) OSU's mindset should be to treat the Big 12 Tournament as their NCAA Tournament, and go 100% all in to winning it to get another banner and make some noise. Keeping a conference champion out of the NCAA Tournament, under protest of all league coaches, sends a message.

lol

i swear you were switched at birth. You would fit in perfectly as a poke

osu doesn't get to play in the big 12 tourney

lol

i swear you were switched at birth. You would fit in perfectly as a poke

You can blame Ryan Minor for me becoming an OU fan.... Never seen a basketball game before, mid-90's... like 10 or 11 years old, maybe 12... Flipping around on the TV and see an OU vs. Kansas basketball on. I want to say they had Jacque Vaughan or someone like that at the time.

We had Minor, Dion Barnes, Erdmann, Hootie Wiley, etc.

Somehow got hooked... I did a quick search for the game I believe it was.

March 3rd, 1996. OU vs Kansas.

https://www.spokesman.com/stories/1996/mar/03/oklahoma-stuns-no-3-kansas/

You can blame Ryan Minor for me becoming an OU fan.... Never seen a basketball game before, mid-90's... like 10 or 11 years old, maybe 12... Flipping around on the TV and see an OU vs. Kansas basketball on. I want to say they had Jacque Vaughan or someone like that at the time.

We had Minor, Dion Barnes, Erdmann, Hootie Wiley, etc.

Somehow got hooked... I did a quick search for the game I believe it was.

March 3rd, 1996. OU vs Kansas.

https://www.spokesman.com/stories/1996/mar/03/oklahoma-stuns-no-3-kansas/
Nice

osu doesn't get to play in the big 12 tourney

Correct, that is part of the penalty unless something changes. And a fake banner doesn’t accomplish anything. It won’t make any member of that team feel better if they hang one, any more than the fake national title claimed by UCF a few years ago.

Circling back to a couple prior posts in this thread — I have no problem with Eddie or anyone else posting. I do find it a little annoying that 04 and Abd are so condescending with their mouth-breather and OUAnon snark. You can make your points without acting like you’re more enlightened than the unwashed masses.

Correct, that is part of the penalty unless something changes. And a fake banner doesn’t accomplish anything. It won’t make any member of that team feel better if they hang one, any more than the fake national title claimed by UCF a few years ago.

Circling back to a couple prior posts in this thread — I have no problem with Eddie or anyone else posting. I do find it a little annoying that 04 and Abd are so condescending with their mouth-breather and OUAnon snark. You can make your points without acting like you’re more enlightened than the unwashed masses.

i have a lot more respect for the UCF fake football title then i do osu's fake stolen valor one ..

$300 to a current player. Along the same lines as Sampson’s text messages. It sucks but you just move on and put it behind you.

Interesting to see what happens to Kansas which had 5 major infractions. White privilege?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Teddy Lehman and Gabe Ikard were going off on this decision during the most recent episode of their podcast, and while I very much enjoy their podcast and generally agree with them, they got some stuff so wrong.

1. They were squawking about the NCAA announcing this now. "Why didn't they announce it last year? It was because the NCAA wanted Cade Cunningham in the tourney, which is its cash cow."

But it was osu who appealed the ruling, which caused the delay, and I suspect for the very reason Gabe accused the NCAA of: Cade Cunningham. osu wanted to Cunningham to play in the tourney, hoping he'd go on a tear and get them to the Sweet 16 or Elite Eight before they were placed on probation.

2. Gabe then went on and on about what an amazing guy Boynton is and how he's building a strong program the right way. Except Evans was his guy -- "his brother." He surely knew about Evans' past troubles but brought him in anyway.

3. Then there was the moaning and groaning about the poor, poor players. There is no way to penalize a program that doesn't impact the current players. There just isn't. Fines don't have any impact. And has been pointed out several times above, every player on the team knew osu was in potential hot water when they signed on with the program.

Last edited:
When you have several schools involved in a federal court type thing like this all those schools involved should have had punishment that year. This case it would ahve been like 3-4 years ago. Then maybe later scholarship and more if it's proven one did more. That seems to be the most fair way to do this.

Maybe OSU gonna take the punishment for Kansas, Dude, UK :)

Justice delayed is justice denied... These kids were 8th and 9th graders when this stuff happened. What was OSU supposed to, just shut the program down for 5 years waiting on a ruling? Should no recruits have gone to OSU for 5-6 years?

There is nothing right about this.... It's not consistent with what happened with other programs, it was significantly delayed, they took advantage of OSU having the #1 pick, etc. Just no good all the way around.

1. They were squawking about the NCAA announcing this now. "Why didn't they announce it last year? It was because the NCAA wanted Cade Cunningham in the tourney, which is its cash cow."

But it was osu who appealed the ruling, which caused the delay, and I suspect for the very reason Gabe accused the NCAA of: Cade Cunningham. osu wanted to Cunningham to play in the tourney, hoping he'd go on a tear and get them to the Sweet 16 or Elite Eight before they were placed on probation.

2. Gabe then went on and on about what an amazing guy Boynton is and how he's building a strong program the right way. Except Evans was his guy -- "his brother." He surely knew about Evans' past troubles but brought him in anyway.

3. Then there was the moaning and groaning about the poor, poor players. There is no way to penalize a program that doesn't impact the current players. There just isn't. Fines don't have any impact. And has been pointed out several times above, every player on the team knew osu was in potential hot water when they signed on with the program.

"Moaning and groaning"-Skyvue
"Poor, poor players"- Skyvue
"Went on and on about Boynton"- Skyvue
"They were squawking"-Skyvue

I rate this post A+ for extreme bias, and minimal objectivity.

Justice delayed is justice denied... These kids were 8th and 9th graders when this stuff happened. What was OSU supposed to, just shut the program down for 5 years waiting on a ruling? Should no recruits have gone to OSU for 5-6 years?

There is nothing right about this.... It's not consistent with what happened with other programs, it was significantly delayed, they took advantage of OSU having the #1 pick, etc. Just no good all the way around.

No, but if making the tourney is important then the recruits assume the risk if they go to osu. The only thing screwy about this is that ku unc and Duke will prolly getting nothing. But osu can't whine when this should have occurred last year and everyone knows why it didn't..

You tend to exhibit bias toward any program that is not OU, so we're even. I'm an OU fan -- of course I'm biased against osu, but in my post I stuck to the facts, which is why you're reduced to grading my prose like a middle-school English teacher. If I was biased against anyone in my post, it was Teddy and Gabe, who sounded as though they were channeling Robert Allen, so many facts did they get wrong.

Of course osu shouldn't stop recruiting -- I never even implied that they shouldn't -- but assuming they were up front with the young men they were recruiting, every single one of them knew probation and a postseason ban was a distinct possibility (heck, if they even picked up a sports page now and then, they knew). If you are considering signing with a school that is under investigation, you have to factor that in. Bryce Thompson, for example, certainly knew not only that osu was being investigated but that they had been found guilty and appealed. Still, he signed on the dotted line.

That seems suspicious. BT could have gone almost anywhere, but he chose osu, which had already been found guilty. Why? Did they somehow make it worth his while? It raises questions regarding how clean a program Boynton is running. He did, after all, bring in his "brother," Evans, even making him the assistant head coach. I don't pretend to have any inside info whatsoever, but I won't be the least bit surprised if more scandals arise during Boynton's tenure.

As for "taking advantage of the #1 pick," that echoes Teddy and Gabe's argument and it's nonsense. It was osu who was trying to squeeze a postseason out of Cunningham, and they got their way. But it didn't pay off and now the time has come to pay the piper. If they hadn't appealed, it would all be behind them now.

osu delayed it

You know OSU fought this for almost 2 years correct?

You know OSU fought this for almost 2 years correct?

Ok so OSU fought for 2 years out of, what, 6? Get a decision made quickly on appeal. Still delayed significantly. OSU just can't shut down the program for this length of time, and shouldn't be expected to.

Ok so OSU fought for 2 years out of, what, 6? Get a decision made quickly on appeal. Still delayed significantly. OSU just can't shut down the program for this length of time, and shouldn't be expected to.

Well the FBI investigation took time. NCAA investigation took time.. then they fought 2 years.

They knew what they were hiring.

If the NCAA had quickly rejected the appeal, osu fans (and you) would be complaining about that, too, insisting they didn't give the appeal sufficient consideration.

And Boynton's been head coach at osu for four years, not six. And again, this would all be behind osu now if they hadn't so badly wanted Cunningham to play in the tourney -- I hope that first-round win was worth it to them.

Back