Portal thread #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with this. I don’t think he’ll be another Phipps but I doubt he’ll ever put up a lot of numbers at OU. But being a career backup isn’t a bad thing. He can still be a net positive on the team without being a superstar. I think it would be great If he could give ten minutes a game, knock down some shots and not commit turnovers.
He will play a lot more than 10 min a game.

I think he’ll be redshirted his first year.
I think he'll probably play, but I would expect something like Cooper. Get some minutes in the OOC games when we're up big, but minutes will shrink considerably come conference time. Just can't see him being in the top 2 on the depth chart.

He will play a lot more than 10 min a game.
One freshman has played more than 10 mins per game under Moser. Two redshirted, Cooper was in hiding, and Oweh didn’t play till the last 10 games. Los is the only freshman Moser played. This kid is the lowest rated kid he has signed.

Next year?

I'll wait and see the roster first, but I doubt that happens. And if it does happen, I'm guessing OU isn't very good.
Maybe not year 1 but I would t be surprised if he did

Bijan Averaged more than 10 mpg as a freshman

One freshman has played more than 10 mins per game under Moser. Two redshirted, Cooper was in hiding, and Oweh didn’t play till the last 10 games. Los is the only freshman Moser played. This kid is the lowest rated kid he has signed.
Cortes did

I don’t see how you can possibly make that claim unless we don’t have any guards next season.

I will say, if he plays more than 10 minutes a game, we probably won’t make the tourney and Moser will be fired.
The comment I was responding to wasn’t just referencing year one.

Oweh didn’t average more than 10?

Yet another guard. Makes me feel good about both Moore and Garrison.

I think Atak is going to play a good amount, but not Dayton. We’re offering a bunch of guards and not many forwards, but we’re more than likely losing both of our 3’s (Oweh and Soares).

Oweh didn’t average more than 10?
He actually did, my bad. But only because he played a ton the last 10-12 games. Before then, he had only played 10 minutes or more once in a stretch of around 10 games. But both he and Los (and Cortes) came in much more highly regarded than Forsythe.

He actually did, my bad. But only because he played a ton the last 10-12 games. Before then, he had only played 10 minutes or more once in a stretch of around 10 games. But both he and Los (and Cortes) came in much more highly regarded than Forsythe.
For the record, I don’t disagree with you, I think Dayton will be an 6-10 minute guy as a freshman.

Yet another guard. Makes me feel good about both Moore and Garrison.
Maybe I'm alone, but I really haven't worried much about Moore leaving.

Still waiting for it to happen, just judging from our interest in guards, I'm expecting to lose at least two that aren't graduating (so two from the list of JM, Uzan, Oweh, and Cooper). Factor in replacing Soares and Dart, and we'll need at least three guards from the Portal if not 4.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back