Question for Abe

cowboysooner

Reaction score
Abe, you stated in some thread you got to watch a practice. So, could you give us your opinion on how the new players look compared to the ones that left. Mostly, I am interested in a comparison between last years portal guys and this years portal guys, for example, Kobe Ellis or miles versus McCollum, Jones or Goodine versus Soares and Darthard. Will they be comparable, better, worse, or can't really tell at this point? Thanks.

Abe, you stated in some thread you got to watch a practice. So, could you give us your opinion on how the new players look compared to the ones that left. Mostly, I am interested in a comparison between last years portal guys and this years portal guys, for example, Kobe Ellis or miles versus McCollum, Jones or Goodine versus Soares and Darthard. Will they be comparable, better, worse, or can't really tell at this point? Thanks.
Dayton looked like he could play/ contribute from the start. Thinking back to last year at this time I believe we are more athletic and shoot the ball better. Cole was not playing. Ellis and Miles looked very good. Defensive overall looked better. One practice it is hard to predict where we will be in Jan. Glen
and Nwankwo were sitting together on the sideline. Wague is more athletic than Hugley, runs the court better but we need to see if he can stay out of foul trouble. Northweather rebounded and shot well the little I watched. Overall the team will fun to watch and the new portal guys looked as good as last year at this time and a stronger bench. Can they take the next step? I am optimistic.

Honestly, I'd rather we struggle to begin with and then improve and end up better than we started over starting strong and them fizzling out to crap, like we have the last couple seasons. I'd like to hope we can do so at some point, maybe year 4 for Moser will be the year. They say the 4th year is the best indicator of a new coach after all. At least they did before the portal and NIL craziness started...

Back