Reaves draft thread

Reaves is the best available according to espn with 8 picks left

Well, darn. I guess he still has a chance to make an NBA roster, but it'll be that much harder.

Always the overseas option.

Man, that's got to be tough for the young man. You hear good things throughout the weeks leading up to the draft, you're near the top of ESPN's board through much of the second round and ... nada. I feel for him.

He’s got too many question marks, not enough upside, and he’s too old. But, he’ll go make a ton of money in Europe. Good for him.

He’s got too many question marks, not enough upside, and he’s too old. But, he’ll go make a ton of money in Europe. Good for him.

Lol way to show those true colors. Be sure to revisit this post if/when he makes the NBA.

He deserves better. Someone will be very lucky to pick him up.

[TWEET]https://twitter.com/mcten/status/1420971617237221391[/TWEET]

Well, that was fast.

well good. sometimes better to go undrafted than picked in the 2nd round. slightly bullish, and i think he makes a roster in the next 3-4 years, lakers or wherever.

[TWEET]https://twitter.com/mcten/status/1420971617237221391[/TWEET]

Well, that was fast.

As I took heat on this board for saying getting drafted would be a push at best, I’ll probably take heat for saying he probably won’t make the Lakers roster either. The good news is they did trade a lot of guys to get Westbrook and there will be some spots. Plus, his 3 pt% issues won’t be a problem there as 30% could lead the team. Lol.

He needs to give it a shot though. As steverocks pointed out, some real weaknesses that he can’t overcome (athleticism, age) but he had good workouts and good summer camp. Despite the common belief that he can make a ton of money overseas, that’s not true. Not for someone that is undrafted and 23. Top money is only for the stars or in the top leagues. That’s not Austin right now but if he can get on a roster, rookie minimum is like $750K.

Wherever he lands, they will be better off as AR is a baller with the attitude and grit a team wants.

Lol way to show those true colors. Be sure to revisit this post if/when he makes the NBA.

The chances of him making a roster as an undrafted free agent are very very slim but I’ll be happy to revisit this post if he makes a roster for more than a cup of coffee. If he doesn’t he can go play in an awesome city in Europe and have a great career.

i'm a little surprised he wasn't drafted.
I think he could have a jeremy lin type career

His upside in the NBA is just too limited. I thought he had a chance to get drafted in the back half of the 2nd round, largely due to improved shooting at the combine, etc, but like I've been saying the entire time, some OU fans have been severely over-valuing his play and potential NBA future. He'll "do things the right way" which will give him a shot as a two-way player or end of the bench guy, but I'd be shocked if he ever gets any consistent run. And that is fine. Know who else never got any NBA run? Hollis Price. And Ebi Ere. And Ace McGee. And a HOST of other good Sooner players over the years. Cracking an NBA roster as anything other than a 1st round pick is HARD to do.

As I took heat on this board for saying getting drafted would be a push at best, I’ll probably take heat for saying he probably won’t make the Lakers roster either. The good news is they did trade a lot of guys to get Westbrook and there will be some spots. Plus, his 3 pt% issues won’t be a problem there as 30% could lead the team. Lol.

He needs to give it a shot though. As steverocks pointed out, some real weaknesses that he can’t overcome (athleticism, age) but he had good workouts and good summer camp. Despite the common belief that he can make a ton of money overseas, that’s not true. Not for someone that is undrafted and 23. Top money is only for the stars or in the top leagues. That’s not Austin right now but if he can get on a roster, rookie minimum is like $750K.

Wherever he lands, they will be better off as AR is a baller with the attitude and grit a team wants.

he already made the Lakers he just signed a 2 way deal ..

The chances of him making a roster as an undrafted free agent are very very slim but I’ll be happy to revisit this post if he makes a roster for more than a cup of coffee. If he doesn’t he can go play in an awesome city in Europe and have a great career.

he just made the roster he signed a 2 way deal ..

I was really hoping he would be drafted in the front half of the 2nd. When he was still there at 50, I was pulling for his freedom to choose a good spot.

Back