Rebounding Guards

SoonerBounce13

Reaction score
Anybody else impressed with how Crocker, Cade, TMg, Pledger, & WW have rebounded so far?

Also, do you guys like the current lineup with 4 guards or would you like to see Wright and Gallon playing together more with Cade bringing energy off the bench?

Mainly Crocker and Cade. I find it hard to believe that two 6-5 guys have been able to rebound well enough to cover for a big man all year.

I doubt there are two wings out there that have rebounded better than those two. Especially Crocker. He has gone above and beyond with his double doubles. Cade only has 1, but thats probably because Crocker has been in that spot all year and he's been out on the wing.

I'm happy with the way our guards have rebounded the ball in the past few games. I think Tony and Cade knew early on they had no choice. Now, the other back court players have bought into that rebounding by committee philosophy, and they're doing a much better job.

Personally, I like a three guards/two bigs lineup. I realize that TMG, WW, Cade, Tony and Tiny may get our best five players on the floor. But that also puts OU at a huge disadvantage in size against most of the teams we'll face in the Big 12. I also think it puts more pressure on Tiny to bang inside and carry much of the load in rebounding, which is a role he is unaccustomed to, and it only makes him more vulnerable to getting in early foul trouble.

If RW can continue to bring it the way he did against Mizzou, he would be my choice to start opposite of Tiny. I also like Fitz a lot and believe he should play more minutes. But, my opinion and fifty cents wouldn't even buy you a cup of coffee in the cheapest cafe in town. lol

Our guards have to rebound. There's no other choice. We can't leak out, every man has to hit the boards. With our guards, that limits our chance for offensive rebounds. If they started getting those, I'd be very happy. Fact is Tiny can't be the lone rebounder like Blake was. He needs some help.

Yea, I think most of it is out of necessity, and the fact that we usually only have one big on the floor at a time. Kind of how last year it looked like nobody could rebound b/c of how good Blake was, this year there are extra rebounds to go around b/c Blake is gone, and b/c we're only playing one big.

But I've been pleased.

Back