RIP Lew Hill

StoopsBros

Reaction score
Former OU assistant (and UTRGV HC) Lew Hill passed away today at the age of 56. Just terrible news. Prayers to his family, friends, team, etc.

[TWEET]https://twitter.com/GoodmanHoops/status/1358555449709236227[/TWEET]

Devastating news. Prayers to his family.

WTH? What happened? This is awful!

Oh, my goodness, what horrible news! Praying for his family!

Geez. So sad. Prayers.

Crazy that he coached last night a s woke up dead

unreal. my thoughts to his family and team. just saw the nice tweet from seth greenberg. f'n crazy.

He took a nap and didn’t wake up. The most likely causes would be heart arrhythmia or Pulmonary Embolism but those are just guesses. I have no knowledge of his medial history.

Very sad!

He took a nap and didn’t wake up. The most likely causes would be heart arrhythmia or Pulmonary Embolism but those are just guesses. I have no knowledge of his medial history.

Very sad!

I read somewhere that he had COVID a couple of months ago. He went back to coaching but was about to step down for the rest of the season due to lingering COVID issues.

I read somewhere that he had COVID a couple of months ago. He went back to coaching but was about to step down for the rest of the season due to lingering COVID issues.

The various lingering effects of Covid are proving to be brutal in so many cases. So awful to think you (or a loved one) has beaten the virus and then to have this happen.

The various lingering effects of Covid are proving to be brutal in so many cases. So awful to think you (or a loved one) has beaten the virus and then to have this happen.

But are we certain his death is Covid-related? I'm sure that's a possibility but perhaps not a certainty at this point.

But are we certain his death is Covid-related? I'm sure that's a possibility but perhaps not a certainty at this point.

You're right, but the fact that he was about to step back again from coaching due to lingering issue even after "recovering" makes one wonder. But no, we certainly don't know for sure.

You're right, but the fact that he was about to step back again from coaching due to lingering issue even after "recovering" makes one wonder. But no, we certainly don't know for sure.

i also question that he was planning on stepping back he coached a game on sat night ...

Back