Sadly I’ve tried

Oliver Hardy

Reaction score
To get interested OU men’s basketball now for the last couple of years — and I can’t.

She haven’t had a great recruiting and game-time coach since Billy and Sampson. Krueger was darn good, but only about. 60 % win average, if I remember right.

OU needs to fire Moser and pay out the Fanny to get a really great top 5 to 8 Coach.

Just an opinion from a die-hard Sooner alum and giant football, softball and women’s basketball fan!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

To get interested OU men’s basketball now for the last couple of years — and I can’t.

She haven’t had a great recruiting and game-time coach since Billy and Sampson. Krueger was darn good, but only about. 60 % win average, if I remember right.

OU needs to fire Moser and pay out the Fanny to get a really great top 5 to 8 Coach.

Just an opinion from a die-hard Sooner alum and giant football, softball and women’s basketball fan!

Bye. No need to tell us when you leave. Not a dinner party.

No top 5-8 coach will come here even if we money whipped them. They understand how far away this program is from being a contender. They understand that the ou hoops fanbase isn’t serious about being an elite program.

No top 5-8 coach will come here even if we money whipped them. They understand how far away this program is from being a contender. They understand that the ou hoops fanbase isn’t serious about being an elite program.

They aren’t that far… final 4 not too long ago. Top 25 program in America.

I don’t think this is true. The issue preventing elite coaches from coming to OU is everyone knows OU admin isn’t going to fully support the program like they do for football. That’s why we’re called a football school. Elite basketball coaches want to coach at a basketball school.

The LNC is a dump. Yes, fan support is poor but win games and play good basketball and the fans will return. It’s the lack of support from the admin that’s a killer and the facilities aren’t on par with top basketball programs. We are also behind in recruiting budget and NIL money for basketball. We pay good salaries for bball coaches but that’s it.

I don’t think this is true. The issue preventing elite coaches from coming to OU is everyone knows OU admin isn’t going to fully support the program like they do for football. That’s why we’re called a football school. Elite basketball coaches want to coach at a basketball school.

The LNC is a dump. Yes, fan support is poor but win games and play good basketball and the fans will return. It’s the lack of support from the admin that’s a killer and the facilities aren’t on par with top basketball programs. We are also behind in recruiting budget and NIL money for basketball. We pay good salaries for bball coaches but that’s it.

Honest question. Is LNC really that bad? My son and I went to the WVU game this year, our first OU game. It wasn’t full but it got really loud. We really enjoyed it. Maybe our standards are low. 🤷*♂️

Well...bye.

Honest question. Is LNC really that bad? My son and I went to the WVU game this year, our first OU game. It wasn’t full but it got really loud. We really enjoyed it. Maybe our standards are low. 🤷*♂️

It is the worst arena in the Big12. I’m not sure about all SEC venues, but LNC will be one of the worst. Many G5 programs have upgraded their arenas to surpass LNC. Recruits, players, coaches and fans all notice.

The seating design and sight lines aren’t great. The concrete everywhere is terrible and gives a mausoleum vibe. There are literally concrete beams blocking the fans view in some places. The fans are still too far away from the court. Open concourses and no suites, heck, even the paint isn’t crimson. It’s more orange.

So. Yes. It’s terrible.

It is the worst arena in the Big12. I’m not sure about all SEC venues, but LNC will be one of the worst. Many G5 programs have upgraded their arenas to surpass LNC. Recruits, players, coaches and fans all notice.

The seating design and sight lines aren’t great. The concrete everywhere is terrible and gives a mausoleum vibe. There are literally concrete beams blocking the fans view in some places. The fans are still too far away from the court. Open concourses and no suites, heck, even the paint isn’t crimson. It’s more orange.

So. Yes. It’s terrible.

Hmm, didn’t notice any of those things. Guess I do have low standards.

Hmm, didn’t notice any of those things. Guess I do have low standards.

well not all of them are true

the pillars do not block the view of the court from any seat ..

the sight lines are good from every seat ..

every thing else is pretty valid ..

Honest question. Is LNC really that bad? My son and I went to the WVU game this year, our first OU game. It wasn’t full but it got really loud. We really enjoyed it. Maybe our standards are low. ��*♂️

No, it's not that bad. I'm not saying it'd be a bad thing if OU arranged to have a new arena, but I think the LNC's impact on the success of our program has long been overstated. As a fan of average means, I don't care a whit about suites and neither do the players, I would imagine--why would they? They won't be using them (I understand that suites may bring in more money, but recruits aren't making those calculations). Ditto the concrete and the color scheme--they're down on the court and not impacted by either. I think they would care much more about the other facilities--their dorms, dining hall, weight rooms, practice facilities, etc.

I think anyone expecting some kind of major, lasting uptick if/when a new arena is built is likely to be disappointed.

well not all of them are true

the pillars do not block the view of the court from any seat ..

the sight lines are good from every seat ..

every thing else is pretty valid ..

Ok. I can’t remember which year exactly, but it was during one of Buddy’s seasons and we were playing ku. We were sitting higher up than normal and there was a concrete pillar right in front of us and, yes, it obstructed the view of many fans in that section.

Have you guys ever been to games in other college arenas? The sight lines at LNC aren’t great. Many spots that are difficult to see anything or it’s just too far away. It seems a bigger problem at LNC than other arenas I’ve been to in the Big12 and elsewhere.

Every other arena in the Big12 is a better fan experience than LNC in EVERY way. Same for many G5 arenas. I’m not saying OU should rival AFH, but we shouldn’t be so far behind everyone else.

Have you guys ever been to games in other college arenas? The sight lines at LNC aren’t great. Many spots that are difficult to see anything or it’s just too far away. It seems a bigger problem at LNC than other arenas I’ve been to in the Big12 and elsewhere.

Every other arena in the Big12 is a better fan experience than LNC in EVERY way. Same for many G5 arenas. I’m not saying OU should rival AFH, but we shouldn’t be so far behind everyone else.

i have been to every arena in the big 12 except the new one in austin

LNC is not a "nice" arena in any way

and i agree for the most part with your last sentence ..

Ok. I can’t remember which year exactly, but it was during one of Buddy’s seasons and we were playing ku. We were sitting higher up than normal and there was a concrete pillar right in front of us and, yes, it obstructed the view of many fans in that section.

I promise I am not being argumentative. I am truly asking. No, I have never been to another college arena. I just know we enjoyed it and it was energetic. Now I will admit we had great seats. We could here the the conversations in the huddle during timeouts.

Im so over hearing endless debates about the arena. I can't wait til something gets decided one way or another

There are NO/zero/nada obstructed views in Lloyd Noble.

The fans/donors have more to do with those issues than the admin. The fans are failing in supporting the program at the level requisite to be elite in every critical aspect (NIL, attendance, arena, facilities).

Back