Selection Sunday with reactions

Since January 7th we played 11 games against teams in the tournament and won 1 of them. We have nothing to complain about.
100% this.

Some of our resume stacked up.

A lot of our resume didn't. We couldn't beat quality, tournament-worthy teams, away from Norman. That's pretty important considering NCAA Tournament games aren't played in Norman.
Somebody posted a graph about injuries and missed time. Nothing stood about about the time missed by OU players. Matter of fact, many teams had just as important players miss more time, and they still won games.

We did this to ourselves. Period.

It wasn't my fault! The mock brackets that are never very accurate said we were in!!!

A head coach is open, defending his team, and explaining decisions...but "whining?"

Damned if you, damned if you don't.
Yep. This is as much a response by Joe C as it is from PM.

He wouldnt be doing it if his guys weren’t just devastated. I’m sure there were lots of tears and frustration and this is PM way of sticking up for them. Hopefully it will be a way to bond and kept some guys here

Yep. This is much a response by Joe C as it is from PM.

He would t be doing it if his guys weren’t just devastated. I’m sure there were lots of tears and frustration and this is PM way of sticking up for them. Hopefully it will be a way to bond and kept some guys here
Yes, I’m sure guys will stick around because after failing, again, to lead his team to the tournament, he called a press conference to complain, talk in cliches, and make more empty promises to lead us to the promised land.

Did anyone get to watch the presser? If so, did any of our wonderful best guys ask any questions, or was this like a Venables session where he rambled on for 30 minutes without any actual reporting being done?

Yes, I’m sure guys will stick around because after failing, again, to lead his team to the tournament, he called a press conference to complain, talk in cliches, and make more empty promises to lead us to the promised land.
Meh. It’s his way of sticking up for the kids that he’s been around every day building relationships with. If they were checked out awhile ago and planning on leaving I don’t think he would be doing this.

It wasn't my fault! The mock brackets that are never very accurate said we were in!!!
Hearing Porter say he was relying on mock drafts put out by people not associated with the Tournament at all is kind of.....funny.

Why is PM and everybody else making this so difficult?

How many teams in the field does OU have a legit complain about being in over us? One? Two? We all know on Friday and Saturday some teams stole some bids. That's the answer. At best we were probably one of the last 2 byes. Once bid stealing commenced, the spots ran out. Don't have to agree, but it's obvious to see when comparing us to UVA what they have that we don't. I can't really find another team that is really that close. This isn't rocket science.

Hate that our coach is being a whiny-*** in front of the entire nation. The embarrassment from him never stops.

Back