Sooners in the Pros: 2016-17

The quote addressed the stats found in the standard box score but you want to see it otherwise. Post after post on Buddy contained within this forum has essentially revolved around his shooting ability and not his defensive prowess. From now on you could supply the relevant data when you feel it's needed.
I assumed, incorrectly, that most NBA followers had access to the +/- numbers that most sites carry within the standard box score.

My mistake.

For Buddy, Defense will come with Experience, however, it is nice to see he is top 10 among rookies in PER, and has improved his shooting to 39.4%, 37.8% from 3, and 92.3% from the line on the year. And the pelicans trust him enough that he has played in all 42 games this year starting 22 times. We all know he will continue to work hard and barring injury the future is bright for him

By my count, the Pelicans are -156 for the season in the 842 minutes that Buddy has played (42 games). That equals out to losing 3.714 points per contest in the 20 minutes Buddy is on the floor.

NBA defense is a completely different animal, and I have no doubt that he will continue to adjust and improve. And hope to high heaven that Anthony Davis stays down low in New Orleans for a LONG time.

Last edited:
Back