Sooners in the Pros: 2016-17

Looks like Buddy found his stroke again. He was still in the starting lineup tonight when he contributed 11 points and 5 rebounds in a loss to Houston. More importantly, in the last five games he's shooting an impressive 54% from behind the arc.

Looks like Buddy found his stroke again. He was still in the starting lineup tonight when he contributed 11 points and 5 rebounds in a loss to Houston. More importantly, in the last five games he's shooting an impressive 54% from behind the arc.

He's now at 33.1% from the year from beyond the arc. That means he's gone from dreadful to average from 3-point range. Since he's still only 38% altogether, he obviously needs to work at his short and mid-range shots. Still, there have definitely been some significant December improvements.

Buddy has shot 11-19 from 3 point over the past 4 games (played before 12/18)

10 points for Buddy tonight on 9 shots (4-9). He's been red-hot from beyond the arc (2-2), but continues to struggle inside it (2-7). He only got 21 minutes, probably because E'Twaun Moore had a terrific game. Still, his team won and he played well. For the season, he's now averaging 8.4 PPG.

Buddy Hield : 17 points on 7-11 shooting & 6 rebounds in 23 minutes

With lots of OU friends in attendance!

Cousins had a really nice night tonight in the D league against the Blue. 30 pts, 8 rbs, 5 ast, 4 stls. 5-6 from 3pt range.

Buddy is finding his shot as he has gone 31 of 64 from 3 pt range (48.4%) over the course of the last 15 games he has played.

Buddy is finding his shot as he has gone 31 of 64 from 3 pt range (48.4%) over the course of the last 15 games he has played.

Yes, he is. I think most of us knew it would be a matter of time before Buddy adjusted to the NBA game and a new three point arc. He scored 17 in the Pelicans' win over the Clippers on 7 of 11 shooting from the field (3 of 5 from three). He also added 6 boards and 2 steals.

Grest to see him playing well again!

Buddy co-led New Orleans in points against Cleveland tonight. 20 points on 6-13 shooting. 4-6 from 3. Cleveland won of course but it was a decent game.

Brent Musberger reported during the Sugar Bowl that Buddy had 20 points in Cleveland tonight.

Buddy co-led New Orleans in points against Cleveland tonight. 20 points on 6-13 shooting. 4-6 from 3. Cleveland won of course but it was a decent game.

Averaging 16 PPG over last 4 games (25 minutes per). Shooting well. Pelicans 3-1.

Last edited:
I knew he'd find a way to be an NBA player, but the way he's been playing over the last month makes me think he could be a starter in the league for a long time.

On another site, I saw that Hield had been named Rookie of the Month of December for the Western Conference.

Back