Stat of the night....

thebigabd

Reaction score
Utah went 5-10 from 3 in first half... 0-10 from 3 in second half.. 0-4 from 3 in overtime.

They don't really have any great shooters, but OU played much better on the perimeter in the second half. I don't recall OU giving up many looks from the perimeter.

I think you are right our perimeter D in the second half was good. I think it was mixture between that and Utah getting cold.

Agreed, although both teams missed plenty of good open looks from the perimeter...

The guys definitely played perimeter D with more intensity in the second half.
:clap

Capel did a great job switching up the defenses based on the personnel Utah had on the floor.

We really kind of freaked them out with some zone looks when their shooters weren't on the floor and then switched to man as soon as Henderson came back in. Great idea and it worked. Plus, Utah looked waaaayyyy uncomfortable with a zone look. I think it's because they play exclusive man-to-man so they don't practice against it much. I always remembered hearing that a lot when Kelvin was around and we'd get zoned early in the season that teams struggle early in the year against zones because they work on defense first and they see zone in practice all the time. Boylan seems to have that same hard-nosed attitude.

Back