TCU Gets Notice of Allegations from NCAA

I don't like seeing three Big 12 teams among those five (much as I might experience a bit of schadenfreude about the situation).

For all those who complain about it's time for Kruger to go, avoiding these kind of lists is why Joe C. loves him. And it is why he is a good coach and a good fit at a historical top 25, non-blueblood program like ours.

I want to win as much as anyone, and would give my left... okay maybe give both, to win a Final Four, but I'm not sure it is worth being the Houston Astros to win one.

I'm not sure it is worth being the Houston Astros to win one.

I'm with you. I've lived through enough of that as an OU fan, both football and basketball. Give me a well-run, clean program and I'll take my chances on the rest.

Not every top 10 team is run the wrong way....
Gonzaga seems to always be in the top 5/10/15 most years...

Just another point of view.

Not every top 10 team is run the wrong way....
Gonzaga seems to always be in the top 5/10/15 most years...

Just another point of view.
True, and from what is known, Few does run it clean. Gonzaga seems to be the exception of a clean winning, scandal and headline free program. Plus their real high level of success is only in the last 5 years . But yeah, it would be nice to be on their level right now.

My point was I’d rather be the tradition rich program that is clean, winning and making the tourney more than cheat to get a title. We have that yet many are so unsatisfied they call for our coach to retire.

Last edited:
I watched the HBO documentary on this, there are some real problems w/ the FBI investigation/investigators in this, an accusation that 1 took money and he did not testify at the trials, I would expect the schools to fight this tooth and nail

True, and from what is known, Few does run it clean. Gonzaga seems to be the exception of a clean winning, scandal and headline free program. Plus their real high level of success is only in the last 5 years . But yeah, it would be nice to be on their level right now.

My point was I’d rather be the tradition rich program that is clean, winning and making the tourney more than cheat to get a title. We have that yet many are so unsatisfied they call for our coach to retire.

I agree...but I'm ready for Kruger to move on...

He’s no worse than bill self and everyone thinks he’s such an angel. Self is a lying, cheating, sleaze ball.

Lol I don’t think I’ve ever heard anyone refer to Self as an angel. Funny, likable, good coach, yes. But even before the past couple years, I never saw him listed when people talked about coaches and programs with squeaky clean reputations.

I still like Eric Konkol from LA Tech. Finished 22-8 on a shortened season this year. Had the highest NET ranking and highest KenPom ranking of any C-USA squad. They've gone 15-1 at home two seasons in a row. They were one of only eight teams in the country to rank in the top 40 in FG percentage and FG percentage defense.

Why does it have to be somebody specific?

We have how many years (decades) of Lon's career to reflect on? We know what he is. We know what his ceiling is. We know that we've only recruited two HS 4* or better kids since TY's class (Harmon and Manek), according to 247.

I just want somebody with a higher upside. We can argue about "who" later.

Back